Stupid Noob Class question.

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Stupid Noob Class question.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Ash
On my return to LOTRO I am undecided as to which class to play.

I have:
a lvl20 Champion
a lvl18 Hunter
a lvl10 Captain
a lvl7 Loremaster

my question is which should i concentrate on to be in demand for
PUG fellowships?

Also any tips on specific classes would be most helpful.

Cheers

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Syro
Welcome home! :)

I play a hunter, minstrel, loremaster, guardian, and burglar. I play them all regularly, and I like each one for a different reason. If I could have one more slot, then I would play a champion as well.

Personally, I think folks should play whatever class they like. Every class can dramatically contribute to any group. Every class is different. Play what you think is fun!!!

Every group seems to want a minstrel, a guard, and now a loremaster for the Rift. Frankly, most of the stuff that my toons have done has been without a guard, minstrel, or loremaster. I like having captains and champions in my groups, but that's me.

If you want to be a difference-maker on a team, then learn your class and play it well. Learn how to survive on your own without dependence on a minstrel. Work on your traits! Traits. Traits. Traits. You will need to figure out the traits.

Once people discover that you play your class well, groups will come looking for you regardless of your class. If you really want to be in-demand, then start your own groups. Don't worry about filling every slot with every class. Get a few peeps together and go quest and kill stuff. The smaller groups will make you a better fellowship member in the end.

Don't sweat it. Make some mistakes. Laugh at yourself. Have fun. In the end, it's just a repair bill and it's all okay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:49 pm

Ozgafen
I have a 50 Champion and 4 other low level alts (Guardian, Lore Master, Burglar and Hunter). I can tell you from my experience that the Champion class is one of the easiest to play, in a generic sense. LM and Minstrels tend to be a bit more difficult to manage. Keep in mind, I am not a high level gamer like others who expect more of a challenge out of a game. With that said, I see more requests in the LFF channel for Minstrels and Guardians than any other class.

Besides, why worry about pugs??? You have US!!!
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Syro
My toons are all level 50.

In groups, I tend to play my minstrel the most. Then LM, guard, and hunter in that order. Lots of hunters on our server so I usually don't need to play a dps. My burglar (Bink) is chained to the Superior Forge and Auction House in Thorin's Hall. Syro is a meanie and won't let Bink leave!

Return to “Lord of the Rings”