Let's Talk

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Let's Talk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:27 pm

Syro
As you all know, I am big on open and honest communication. So let's talk!

I am going to stop playing LoTRO for at least a few months (maybe 3-6 months).

I love each of you in some sick and non-perverted way so this has nothing to do with any of you or even fellow peeps on our server. I am done playing LoTRO is all. After a year of playing, I am bored with it.

What do you all want to do with the leadership position of SSX in LoTRO? We have a great bunch of folks and a really good thing going here but it's up to you all. The kin will continue fine without me. But how will it continue? You all need to decide, so please voice your ideas.

I will be canceling my subscription to LoTRO, so someone will need to take the leadership position.

Thanks,

Rick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:32 pm

El Oso
I am not surprised but am saddened to see you go!
We'll miss you in-game, man!
:(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Revonator
I am not surprised either. At some point, having all leet 50s on a server you HAVE to get bored.

---Plus, Donakh is no more!!

You will be SORELY missed my friend!

As for leadership change, I don't really have a clue atm.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:49 pm

El Oso
As for a leadership change, I don't have a clue either.

I *do* think that both leadership positions should be occupied by people currently playing (this goes for John's position too.) I don't have any further thoughts on a changeover, but will give it some thought.

Whatever happens, we'll keep the light on for you! :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:51 pm

backpain
Hate to see you go, you have been a great friend, and leader. I hope you have a great time doing what ever it is you move onto from Lotro.

Wait..... Donakh is no more?!
I am going to cancel my subscription too!! :smack: j.k

As far as leadership goes, iono. I rarely play myself so I have no idea who might be able to and willing to fill that role. :nervous:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Revonator
I know this isn't an answer to our question, but I want to say how much I really appreciate what you have done for SSX and for me personally, Rick.

Being the leader of ANYTHING isn't exactly an easy thing. There are demands upon you at all times in-game and even out of game. I really appreciate the spirit you have exhibited. Even in more difficult times you always had something upbeat and encouraging to inject.

Thank you my friend!
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:01 pm

El Oso
Revonator wrote:I really appreciate what you have done for SSX and for me personally, Rick.
Here here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:28 pm

Ardith
Revonator wrote:I know this isn't an answer to our question, but I want to say how much I really appreciate what you have done for SSX and for me personally, Rick.
Well said! I certainly wouldn't have FINALLY gotten to 50 if it weren't for Syro - and EVERYONE else in this kinship. I'm lucky to have found such a great group of people to run with!

You're gonna be missed Syro, :( :( but we'll be waiting with open arms if/when you decide to come back!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Deimos
I can't say I'm surprised either, but I certainly am very sad that I won't be getting to spend time with you in game. You're heads and shoulders over every other leader I've ever had in this game and you will be greatly missed. Hopefully you won't find another game that keeps you away from us for too long. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Revonator
Deimos wrote:Hopefully you won't find another game that keeps you away from us for too long. :)
If he does.....we will be coming over to pay him a visit!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:39 pm

FalconX
I too, would like to thank you for all that you have done for me. In the short time I've been a part of this kinship you have been a magnificent leader. I wish you the best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Syro
Awwww! Thank you, everyone. You "peeps" are wonderful and far too kind. I am not saying, "Goodbye." I value each of you too much to depart in a rush.

Besides, my work as your servant-leader is not finished. We, as a kin, have lots to do to make a transition! We all needed to know my intent so we could all start the new journey together. The logistics of a transition will unfold in the week to come.

In the meantime, go kill stuff, have fun, inform, plus stay informed of the change process!!! Thank you to everyone who is participating in the change process. It's means a lot to me personally. :thumb:

I will respond to individual comments when I have chance ;)

hey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:33 pm

dwar
Sorry to see you go. I've been bored with this game for along time now. There just hasn't been any other game come out lately that I want to play. I will be playing Age of Conan when it comes out, maybe i'll see you there. As for leadership, keep it or if somebody really wants it give it to them doesn't matter to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
For the record, I hope you'll stick around here Syro even though you may not be playing anymore (indeed, as is our invitation to all who leave groups, excluding special circumstances). You've done a fantastic job with this group, and you're a valued member of the SSX community.

I'm hoping this is just a 'See you around!' rather than a 'Goodbye!' :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:31 pm

Christhalion
You will be most missed, my friend. I appreciate you always being a positive individual that didn't always take circumstances, the game, or yourself too seriously.

I appreciate all the time you spent helping me in game. To me the "time" is what matters most, and I appreciate how you have used it to help others even if it is just a game.

To welcoming you back with arms wide open... I'm not sure of all that...

I say pay us all ten gold and you can get back in. Thats just me though.... and I know you left because Donakh is gone. This game just isn't fun without having to stand around for hours waiting for him to give you a visit.

Lastly, but definitely not least, I would ask that you log in one last time, listen to our fantastic new SSX Band, "Thorrz and the Kin-Breakers", give everyone an in-game hug, because we all know how heart-felt those are, and just as you log off, and the sun sets over the fields of Bree.....

go and read Thorrz's Cloak!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

Re: Let's Talk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Deimos
Syro wrote:I love each of you in some sick and non-perverted way
It's always been non-perverted? You strung me along. :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Slyng
Thanks for all your help Syro. I know I got bored shorty after LOTR was released, didn't even get my hunter to 50. Went back to WoW for a while, but that too gets really old quick. Again I am find myself getting really bored, even with my champ, or hunter or burg. Just not enough to do, with the end game here. I will just pass the time, until AoC comes out, and hit it hard with Dwar. Hope to see you there, but if not, good luck in life!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:36 am

Ozgafen
Sorry, you are not allowed to leave. Nope, not gonna happen. We will tie you up and take you away to the broom closet of the kin house before we let you leave. Nope. Nadda. No way.

Dang, didn't work did it.

Sad to see you step away, for any amount of time. You have been, and will continue to be, a good friend.

I second the motion that he will have to pay each of us 10 gold. Bink should have enough to cover it. However, lets get the gold from him BEFORE he leaves OK? We will never see it otherwise since Bink will wind up losing it in some junk bond scam.

As for Kin leadership I would like to throw Rev's hat into the ring.

*Watches Rev run screaming from the forum to cancle his LOTRO account*

He seems to me to be the best replacement for someone of your caliber. He has many of the same qualities that you have shown us Syro. Well, he may not hit us up for 10 gold as often but we will learn to adjust. I would add my name to the list but I can not always be on reliably and would hate to be a non-responsive representitive.

As a final note, if oyu are truely canceling your account we need to figure out what to do with the kin house. Your personal home is another issue as well. I dont need your home but someone else in the kin might. Can they be transferred directly or would you have to drop them and someone has to be there at the same time to buy it as soon as it comes up on the market?
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:47 am

El Oso
The Kin house is owned by the Kin, if I understand things correctly. "Ownership" will transfer to the new kin leader. There has been a kin bank since the early days when Arrack was running things so unless some major Bink gold mismanagement has occurred, funds for the upkeep will not be an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 am

El Oso
Deimos wrote:
Syro wrote:I love each of you in some sick and non-perverted way
It's always been non-perverted? You strung me along. :(
You aren't alone.

Oh how i remember that night we watched Orion rise up over the Angmar Horizon.... :(
[thmb]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z252 ... t00027.jpg[/thmb]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:58 am

Jeredoc
I'm sorry to see you go Syro and wish you the best. It's been a pleasure to get to know you, you've been an awesome leader for our kin and I hope you realize how much you've done for us. I've never been a part of a mmo guild before but I owe a lot to you for making this kinship feel like home for me. You will be missed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:36 am

Stracius
Anubis wrote:I'm hoping this is just a 'See you around!' rather than a 'Goodbye!' :)
What he said.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

A heartfelt thanks and goodbye!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:05 pm

Orinol
I agree wholly with all previous posts, Syro it has been a great experience playing with you. Had it not been for being in such a good kin, I would have cancelled my subscription long ago, as we all know I am not on much. However, being with such a good group, and leader, kept me coming back for more :D As for that whole "watching the stars rise" picture... it was fairly reminiscent of that movie "Brokeback Mountain"... are we going to have to start a don't ask, don't tell policy in the kin? heh, juuuuust kidding!

I agree with the previous nomination of Rev. Having leveled Big O with Thorrzorr most of the way, I think he demonstrates what we want in a kin leader. Also, I'd like to throw Faernath into the ring with him (maybe literally... they can Spar, and the winner gets the kin) Not so much because Faernath can be a fearless and just leader, but more because he works from home, sits at his desk anyway, and will willingly devote nights to 4am abuse Conies in Bree :thumb: but I do think he would make a good leader.

Sad to see you go Syro, and you will definitely have to let us know if you adventure in other worlds of gaming. I agree with Dwar, when Age of Conan comes out, I believe I will throw Big O at the big mean scary place and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:55 pm

Deimos
I'd like to toss in my vote for either Rev or Faernath. It's always a pleasure working under either of them when grouped.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:15 am

Syro
Faernath wrote: You aren't alone.

Oh how i remember that night we watched Orion rise up over the Angmar Horizon.... :(
Yes, Faernath and Syro go way back. Our early adventures in Angmar! Just a captain and his hunter exploring the wild terrain together. Who needs a minstrel when you got a Captain?!? We had each other. :eek:

Sorry, Deimos. There have been others! :rolleyes:

Light-hearted fun. One of the things I will definitely miss by not being in-game with you all.

Return to “Lord of the Rings”