Grettings from Penumbra

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Grettings from Penumbra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Dolgan-Pen
Ahoy hoy all,

I am here today to not only introduce Penumbra to those who may not have heard of/ran with us but to also extend the invitation of a formal alliance between our two kins. We have been discussing the matter for some time and with recent changes on our side I felt it was time to get off our duffs and do something about it. Due to the excellent times we have had with Rev and others of your kin we felt that SSE would make an excellent first stop in our attempt to form a larger alliance of smaller kins. Our proposal is to remain autonomous from each other but to setup Ally status for each other on our boards and coordinate event hosting. We'd also like to setup a ingame channel for any kin in the alliance to use.

Our only other (informal) alliance right now is with Eclipse and we shall be working on formalizing that soon also. I have a couple of other kinships we have worked with in the past in mind and after getting this off the ground with SSE and Eclipse, hope to add them in also.

I would encourage you to visit our website at penumbra.dkpsystem.com and register. We will be keeping an eye open for SSE members and upgrading them to Ally status. If you somehow get missed, let Faernath or Revonator know and they will alert me. I will be encouraging my own folks to register here and say "hi".

Thank you and hope to see you all in channel soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:05 pm

El Oso
Welcome to the SSX forums, Dolgan!

SSX peeps: I know we haven't heard from all of you yet to gauge interest in an alliance but, either way, Penumbra opens their runs to outside people; If you are interested in getting in on any of Penumbra's organized runs feel free to sign up for an account at http://penumbra.dkpsystem.com and let them know! There is not currently an alliance between SSX and Penumbra and please be aware that they reserve spots for their own kin until 2 days before a run so you won't be guaranteed a spot if you sign up earlier. I realize that 2 day notice may not work out for everyone, especially with a weekend-long rift run, so please keep this in mind if signing up for an event.

For you Penumbra folks, welcome to the SSX forums! We don't currently have a scheduling system in place for people to sign up for runs, and currently are not raiding or running any instances regularly. Please poke around the forums, we look forward to hearing from you! Dolgan, I'll look for you in-game to chat about things more...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:44 pm

Christhalion
Welcome Penumbra peeps! Looking forward to our quests together in Middle Earth. Anything to run the rift!!!!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Welcome to all Penumbra people. We don't really have a hierarchical system indicating members, allies and strangers - we're all just friends and everything is visible to everyone, so feel free to poke around :)

Also, on the subject of this potential alliance while I'm posting here:
LOTRO Group - Should you approve this and need anything, be it an extra forum where people from different guilds can get together to post about/setup raid times and the like (assuming someone doesn't already have a better system in place for it) or something else, then just yell and we will try to sort something out. So long as it's needed and within reason (read: Not a private forum, we have a thing against those ;) ) we should be able to help.
Guild wide friendships and alliances are always things we try to encourage :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:38 pm

El Oso
Anubis wrote:LOTRO Group - Should you approve this and need anything
Thanks Anny!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:24 pm

Revonator
NO NO NO I want a super secret private forum!!!!!!! :lol:

Just Kidding :)
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:15 pm

backpain
Welcome Dolgan! I am glad to see you took the time to visit our forums. Hopefully we will have some good times in the coming days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Syro
What happened with Palehorseman?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:36 am

Revonator
He moved to Gladden.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:51 pm

Valdartak-Pen
*salutes SSX*

Valdar 50 Man Hunter
Valdartak 50 Hobbit Guardian
Valo 48 Hobbit Burglar
Valin 33 Man Captain
Valrandir 25 Elf Lore-Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Revonator
Heya Valdartak!!

Man, you ever get that shield??!!??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Syro
Welcome new peeps :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:23 am

Dolgan-Pen
Aye, Pale disappeared and didn't respond to my emails when I asked.

Lets not mention the shield shall we??? :shake:
Penumbra
Dolgan - 50 Dwarf Champion - GM Weaponsmith
Calinis - 50 Elf Loremaster - Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Valdartak-Pen
*grumbles in a very dwarven manner*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:38 am

Christhalion
Welcome! :)
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Deimos
My apologies for being late to this party.... welcome to our new allied kinship! I've never worked with you guys outside of having worked with Palehorseman but I trust in our leadership and that if they say you guys are great then I know it must be true. I certainly look forward to working with you guys in the future on things. :)

Deimos/Nexinumbra

Return to “Lord of the Rings”