Maybe time to give the "Moors" another look...

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:11 am

El Oso
A few seconds before a timely Desperate Flight:
[thmb]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z252 ... t00103.jpg[/thmb]
:eek:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Ardith
LOL!!

So which is tastier Faer - elves or men?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:09 pm

El Oso
Ardith wrote:LOL!!So which is tastier Faer - elves or men?
Men are a little gamey for my palate...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:55 am

Revonator
I like the taste of troll! ;)

Here is the story, I am leading a RAID. The creeps have fair numbers and they roll 2 trolls. The problem is both are nooBie trolls.

One tries to gank single people.

The other one runs from me (I am alone) and I call my RAID over and we just kill it.

We procede to Grams to see what was up...one troll (the one we just killed) appears to try to flank us on the left, to come around behind us. I break off alone to watch him....

Instead of flanking, he drops into the slug pits and starts killing a slug....

At his point I am laughing...someone says no...that isnt good, he is killing slugs to work up into "rampage"

I decide I wasnt gonna have that.

Me and THREE other freeps (4 total) break off and attack him...I mean he should have crushed us. Intead he runs away....

So the four or us end up killing him!

[thmb]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/re ... t00789.jpg[/thmb]

I was laughing my head off. Poor creeps rolled 2x trolls...but both players hadn't a clue.
2 captians, a minstrel, and a hunter... 1 player troll LOL!
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:44 pm

El Oso
Revonator wrote:The problem is both are nooBie trolls.
I can't stress how much everyone discourages that in creep OOC... It is a waste of DP and keeps experienced creeps from rolling trolls... If the person knows what they're doing, it should chase you away from your grams camp :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:57 pm

Revonator
Faernath wrote:
Revonator wrote:The problem is both are nooBie trolls.
If the person knows what they're doing, it should chase you away from your grams camp :)
Totally agreed. I felt bad for the creeps actually...they had TWO bad trolls at once.

ONE good troll would have scattered the RAID.

It was hilarious though killing him.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:26 pm

El Oso
Revonator wrote:It was hilarious though killing him.
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Christhalion
That creep is a newbie warg as well, I have killed him so many times I lost count.

Also last night was the besssssssst (said in my best Nacho Libre voice), when a newbie from our group rolled a ranger during a grams camp. The creeps began complaining (and rightly so) with banners named "No Ranger or 2 trolls" and names like that. We of course responded with Rev's herald of "KilltheRang" and two full raids of freeps backed up from grams standing just yards from large groups of creeps, and no one was fighting. It was a weird "peace treaty" between creeps and freeps until we watched them wipe out the ranger each time he came down until his timer expired. No reknown, but totally hillarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need to get some kin action going in the Delving as well. Rev, Falc, and I with 2 other randoms went in there and cleaned up in a short amount of time, and I got my first piece of awesome "Moors" gear!!!!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:07 pm

El Oso
Christhalion wrote:That creep is a newbie warg as well, I have killed him so many times I lost count.
so far his ratio is ~600 kills/18 deaths
:)

he may be a noob but now he is a SIG!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:15 am

Revonator
Grats on the Sig!

Now, with all the freep vs. creep arguments, I just want to make a point.

It took you a LOT LESS work to get the warg to sig, then to get any of your freeps to 50 and at least half Moors ready :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:28 am

El Oso
Thx :D
Revonator wrote:It took you a LOT LESS work to get the warg to sig, then to get any of your freeps to 50 and at least half Moors ready :p
it still took a lot of work, even if it was packed into a week & a half... and I still have a lot more work to go...

If it took as much effort to raise a creep, on top of the work for people's main chars, there wouldn't be any creeps!

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Revonator
Oh I totally don't diminish the work, but even if I played non-stop for 1.5 weeks with Hushai at 28, I couldn't get him Moors ready :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 pm

El Oso
Revonator wrote:even if I played non-stop for 1.5 weeks with Hushai at 28, I couldn't get him Moors ready :p
I know from experience with Thorrz that you're LYING!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Revonator
HAHAHAHA

Takes one to know one :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Deimos
Faernath wrote:
Revonator wrote:even if I played non-stop for 1.5 weeks with Hushai at 28, I couldn't get him Moors ready :p
I know from experience with Thorrz that you're LYING!!!
lol, i was thinking that too. I think it took 4 or 5 days to get Thorrz to 50, and another 30 minutes to get him traitted/geared/jewellried (made that word up) out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Christhalion
The newbie warg I was referring to was the one that rolled the troll that was running from rev... not your warg faer!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:41 pm

El Oso
Christhalion wrote:The newbie warg I was referring to was the one that rolled the troll that was running from rev... not your warg faer!
Ahhhhh hehe! It's hard to tell one noob warg from another, so many people have rolled wargs in the past couple of weeks!

:D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:42 am

Orinol
Hey don't go dissing noob wargs... there just so happens to be one standing right here. and he's a bit offended *pets his warg on the head* *warg nibbles affectionately on hand*

I was, however, amused when "Targeting Falcathir" on OOC :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:04 am

FalconX
Orinol wrote:Hey don't go dissing noob wargs... there just so happens to be one standing right here. and he's a bit offended *pets his warg on the head* *warg nibbles affectionately on hand*

I was, however, amused when "Targeting Falcathir" on OOC :)
I'm famous! :D :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Revonator
Ah well.....
Last edited by Revonator on Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:02 pm

El Oso
Revonator-Pen wrote:They call it "puppy love"
And how bad was Ardith lagging at that point?

Like Orinol was today when you were jumping up and down on him after he got killed from getting ganked...

:shake:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Revonator
Raid vs Raid is hardly ganking :)

Ganking is lying in wait in superior numbers for people at rez points.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:41 pm

El Oso
Revonator-Pen wrote:Raid vs Raid is hardly ganking :)
It's short for "gang kill"
Any time a player is mobbed and killed I think gank applies; even raid clashes devolve into it! :thumb:

Faron is back... I think

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Aesir
///Dispatches from Fort LostInTheWoods///

Speaking of gang kills, I managed to DL the LotRO client to my laptop and get it running... though it's at low-quality graphics settings.

I do get to go off-post most/all Saturdays now, and the hotel I tend to stay at has free wireless WAN access. Great! I logged on just now to see how it plays and it is do-able, but not as good as when I'm at home.

I have to leave to get back to the base in about 20 minutes (no WAN access there), but I'm going to test out internet connectivity over my cell phone tonight. If any kin officers are available to add Faron back to the kin, please send an invite when/if you see me log on (if I'm in your friends list). Worst case, if the cell phone connection doesn't work out, I'll try to find you all next Saturday.

///End Trans///
-sir

Faron Adan: Hunter, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

Return to “Lord of the Rings”