SSX Rift Run - 3/28/08

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

SSX Rift Run - 3/28/08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:25 pm

El Oso
****Fri 3/28 8PM ET & Sat 3/29 3PM ET****

For those who are signed up: let me know if you cannot make it for either start time!

The people starting the run have first dibs on their slot (for both days.) In the event that one or more of the following people can't make it or need to leave, alternates will be chosen from the pool of all available peeps, not just SSX. Also, if you are signed up but are LATE for the run, you are NOT guaranteed a spot.

03 thorrz (grd)
04 faer (cap)
05 jer (hun)
06 bp (cap)

The rest of the spots will be filled by Penumbra:
07 celina (burg)
08 calinis (LM)
09 hum (min)
10 rueban (min)
11 valygar (champ)
12 grimweasel (champ)

SSX Alternates:
chris (hun) - available >9PM Fri, available Sat.
deimos (grd) - available >11PM Fri & Sat.
falc (min) - available >11PM Fri, available >8:30PM for Sat.

Slots will be reserved for SSX peeps until 12PM ET on WED the 26th, after which time Penumbra's sign-ups will be approved for the run.
Last edited by El Oso on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 26 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Revonator
I am in, and I can bring whoever is needed :D
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:36 pm

Ardith
I'm in!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:36 am

Deimos
Alas, it is too late in the evening for me. Good luck though!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:17 am

Stracius
Deimos wrote:Alas, it is too late in the evening for me. Good luck though!
:weird:

No really.

and in case I didn't emphasize that:

hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:34 am

Deimos
Stracius wrote:

No really.

LOL

That's what I get for posting while I'm at work - I'm not thinking straight.

I stand corrected. It's too EARLY for me. If it started at 3am I could guarantee I'd be there. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 am

FalconX
The way it looks now, I'm going to have to work until 10 PM CDT that friday, but if nothing else, I'd be willing to fill in should anyone need to leave! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:52 am

FalconX
Stracius wrote:

No really.

lol I was thinking the SAME thing!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 am

Ozgafen
I should be able to attend. I could bring Oz but now that Warin is level 47.5 he may be able to go! Actually, I need a lot more guardian tanking practice with him first so maybe Oz is the better choice.....
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:01 pm

Revonator
You wouldnt want to try to tank in the Rift unless you had a level 50 guard WITH good traits and decent gear.

http://www.penumbra.dkpsystem.com/viewt ... readid=685

I got some real helpful advice in thos thread building Thorrz.

Thorrz has tanked through 7 bosses in the rift.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

Re: SSX Rift Run

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Jeredoc
Faernath wrote:Fri 3/28 8PM ET - Sat 3/29 - Time TBD
I'd like to go with Jeredoc. The 8pm eastern start on Friday is good with me. Being a central timer that's the earliest I'd be able to join anyhow. I would request that as we nail the team down we also nail down a start time for Saturday. There is no way I'll be able to play all day so it can be very disappointing when half my play time is spent waiting for people to trickle in.

I'm very happy were doing a Kin run into the rift again. The last time we did it as a kin it was some of the best times I've had playing lotro. I've been in the rift with PUGs before and it was the exact opposite of fun.
Last edited by Jeredoc on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:20 pm

El Oso
Stracius wrote:and in case I didn't emphasize that:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Valdartak-Pen
Do you want this posted on our calendar with SSX members getting first slots and our kin on the wait list? I believe Dolgan said we would be willing to do that, but I'll wait till I hear from you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Christhalion
I can't come Friday until 10EST so I can fill in if someone has to drop or we leave late. Also I can be their Saturday just get the time nailed down so I can slot it. Saturday is my only day off.

I too am excited to see a Rift run with our kin. The two times I went I didn't get anything, but they were lots of fun.
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:49 pm

El Oso
Valdartak-Pen wrote:Do you want this posted on our calendar with SSX members getting first slots and our kin on the wait list? I believe Dolgan said we would be willing to do that, but I'll wait till I hear from you guys.
That would be great! TY!
I'll send you a msg over on the Penumbra side too :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 pm

Valdartak-Pen
Done, I think. =)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:14 pm

El Oso
Valdartak-Pen wrote:Done, I think. =)
Thx Val!

Calendar entry on the 28th:
http://penumbra.dkpsystem.com/bigcalendar.php

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 am

El Oso
All peeps who have accounts on Penumbra's website, please add "-SSX" to the end of your account and character names over there. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:53 am

Jeredoc
I've added myself to the Big Calender.

My user account over there has the -SSX on the end but I am not able to edit the name of my characters for some reason. I submit the form with the new info and it posts right back with what was there before.

*EDIT* I just created new characters since I was not able to edit the existing ones. Sorry for the mess Pen but I was :smack:

Re: SSX Rift Run

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:05 am

El Oso
Jeredoc wrote:The 8pm eastern start on Friday is good with me. Being a central timer that's the earliest I'd be able to join anyhow.
I chose 8PM because anything later & the east coasters (or me at least) are zombies by the end of the run & it hopefully gives folks in earlier timezones an opportunity to get RL in order & log on!
Jeredoc wrote:I would request that as we nail the team down we also nail down a start time for Saturday. There is no way I'll be able to play all day so it can be very disappointing when half my play time is spent waiting for people to trickle in.
I haven't gotten any feedback on this other than requests to nail down the time. We currently have half a raid, once the group fills out I'll try to hammer out a time. I personally would prefer an early run- late morning/early afternoon ET but I am flexible. If nighttime/8PM Sat is the most convenient time for the group, that's when it'll be...

When does everyone want to pick up on this on Sat?

We won't be waiting for peeps- I am admittedly not a fan of schedules but, with a bit of leeway, if we don't have the peeps at the time the run is scheduled, we'll find alternates or scrub it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:11 am

FalconX
I would be available on the saturday after 7:30 CDT should you need me :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:12 pm

backpain
You can count backpain in as a Capt alternate. I am not sure if I can be around this far in advance, but if I am around and we need a cold pixelated body, I am sure my toon counts. ;D

I am just being honest here, fishing season and warmer weather are on the horizon so if it is a nice day, I will be on the water!! If it is raining, my halberd is yours! :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm

El Oso
backpain wrote:if it is a nice day, I will be on the water!!
Opening day isn't 'til next month here :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:48 pm

backpain
Yea, in PA the rules this year are quite confusing as to openers and such. I am going to hit the river (Delaware) as soon as we get some nice weather on a day when I have some time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:56 pm

El Oso
backpain wrote:I am going to hit the river (Delaware)
My aunt has a house on the river in Bristol.... :) I've never fished it; do the fish glow? :D

Return to “Lord of the Rings”