A wild night in Angmar.

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

A wild night in Angmar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Ozgafen
It was a dark and stormy night..

No, wait, too ominous.

It was a bright and sunny day..

Weeeeeelllllll, thats a bit too cheerful.

It was a strange day roiling with a sense of foreboding. The intrepid fellowship of Warin, Ardith, Backpain, Christhalion, Orinol and Lifeson gather at the SSX Kin House to prepare for a trip to Uru. No, wait, CD. Well, it was going to be Uru till someone got confused and started talking about Carn Dum keys and the Putrid Slime. But then it got switched back to Uru. Right before it was switched BACK to Carn Dum. Then..

You get the idea.

Anyways, where was I??? Oh yes. As they are listening to a few selections of bagpipe music provided by Backpain the fellowship decides to head to Angmar to take on the foul Sauron-spawn in CD or Uru. or CD. OH CUT THAT OUT!!!!!!

Lifeson: Um, I have to get food, I dont know how to cook and need be away from my keyboard in order to go hunt someone down to make me something.

Warin: Thats OK, Ill just invite Falcathir. I know where we are going so we wont need your knowledge of all things Angmar.

^^^^^^Foreshadowing of silliness to come^^^^^^

While the music is playing Ardith starts to dance on the Kin House stage. Despite a suggestion from someone in the audience that she does the Night Elf dance, she proceeds to show off her wide variety of dance moves which proved exactly how long she has spent playing Middle Earth Dance Dance Revolution.

Ardith: Hey! Why dont we all take a swig from my new keg I just had installed in my house before we head out? It is really good stuff and you can drink all you want and never get a hang over!

Fellowship: *GLUG GLUG GLUG*

*poof*
*poof*
*poof*
*poof*
*poof*
*poof*

Wha wherehoweh????

Christhalion: Whoa dude, Im like sooooooo wasted. I think I am under, or is it on top of, a really big bridge!

Backpain: Me too! And my hands are between two pillows!

Christhalion: THOSE ARENT PILLOWS!!!!!!

Both: AHHHHH!!!!!!

Backpain: *jumping around vigorously* Soooo, how about them bears, huh?

Christhalion: Yeah, they are having a great season! (followed by other semi-manly stuff)

Meanwhile, in other parts of this Middle Earth.

Falcathir: How in the heck did I wind up on top of the Giants Needle? And why is my vision so blurry. And who are these really big guys walking around? OH! An audience! *starts playing the bagpipes*

And in still other parts of this Middle Earth.

Warin: Now since when did we decide to go to the Swamp North of Michel Delving? Guys? GUUUUUYYYYSSSS????? Oh, there you are. Will you three hold still. Why are you all wearing the same armour as me and look like dwarves??? Im dizzy, I need to lie down for a bit zzZZzzzzZzzZZZzzz

And finally.

Orinol: Wha. Who where.. WHY IS THERE A RING ON MY FINGER!?!?!?!??! And where did all the dang cats come from??? Oh, crap, where am I?????

Orinol rolls out of bed and finds a note pined to his shirt. It reads:
To my dearest love,

Last night was wonderful, you made all my dreams come true. I am so happy we found each other and your insistence we get married right away just fulfilled my every wish for finding true love. Mother Oakheart would be so proud. I cant wait till you get to meet her, she is so sweet and kind, always thinking of others. She always used to say You get yer butt outta that house and away from those cats or you will never find yerself a man! And guess what? She was right! There I was wondering through the Old Forest and around the bend you came stumbling. I will never forget the first words you spoke to me, you said Honey, yoosh and meesh couldsh make buet.. baut beautifulishh mushik togethersh! Ill ignore the fact that your bleary eyes were looking at the tree next to me since I could feel the love in your heart. Next thing you know we were standing in the Bree Townhall saying I do. What a whirlwind romance!

Well, I must go get more cat food and litter, these little buggers will eat most anything! Oh, before you leave be sure to clean out the litter boxes and take out the trash. Dinner is at 7!!!

Bye my love!

OXOXOXOXOXOXO

The Cat Lady
Orinol: *GROAN* I gotta get out of here

Orinol runs out to the West gate of Bree and finds the rest of the groggy fellowship wondering around in a state of drunkenness.

Ardith: Im not as think as you drunk I am.

(The rest of the fellowship suspects she never drank anything and is faking it just so she can sit back and laugh at everyone else)

Backpain: Hey Orinol, nice ring man! Did you just get that off the AH?

Orinol: Shut up! Anyone know when the area near Mt Doom is going to open up? I have something I need to return

To be continued.

Whats next for our fearless band of adventures? Base jumping? Troll wrestling? More hits from Ardiths Magic Keg of Wanderlust?? Tune in next time for the exciting continuation of our story!
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Christhalion
Some of those names should have been changed to protect the guilty... errrr innocent.... and by the way Orinol registered his groom registry at The Last Homely Depot, and his beautiful bride at Petco.

I was there it was all true... the brandy from that keg was no where near as strong as the hockey puck tarts, Ardith attempted to make, but it did go down good with Ardith's chicken that I fried.
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:23 am

backpain
All is well that begins with the funreal march I guess hehe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:50 am

Ardith
You must have eaten a chicken impersonator because MY chicken is still alive and kicking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:55 am

FalconX
Haha, nothing beats story time with Oz! I like the reference to Planes, Trains, and Automobiles... such a classic :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Wulfsmark
Thanks Oz... been waiting for a story for a while now!! Keep them coming!!!

:thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Ozgafen
A wild night in Angmar continued..

When we last saw the hardy band of explores they were debating the nuptial laws of Bree and whether or not quickie divorces were available in Michel Delving

Warin: Im telling you man, you are going to have to take it to Mordor to get rid of it!

Christhalion: Naaahhhh, all he has to do is go chuck it in Helchgams pool and he will never have to worry about it again!

Ardith: Boys! BOYS!!!! We need to get going, now who wants a ride to GF? Besides, Christhalion just set fire to the stables and I think the town watch wants to have a word with him.

Christhalion: I was just trying to liven up the West Gate! It looked awfully boring around there.

With that the fellowship was whisked away to Himbar. Upon arrival they all mount their horses and head westward towards CD. Or was it Uru. No it was *yawn*

Warin: OK, I know the shortcut to get there follow me!

Backpain: So we are headed to CD right?

Warin: I thought it was Uru we were going to.

Falcathir: No I was told CD.

Orinol: Wait a minute, this was supposed to be an Uru run.

Ardith: *slaps hand on forehead*

Chrilthalion: Can we just go back to Ardiths place and drink from her keg some more?

Warin: Look, Im headed for Uru, lets go!

After wondering aimlessly for a few minutes through Himbar.

Christhalion: Are you sure you know where you are going?

Warin: Trust me, I have done this run before.

Backpain: How many times?

Warin: Including this one? Um twice.

Ardith: *Groan*

A few minutes later, after having passed the same Iron Crown Smoothie and Lemonade Stand for the 3rd time..

Falcathir: Admit it, were lost!

Warin: Nonsense, I definitely remember that Troll over there, we just turn right up the road just past him.

Backpain: Thats a wondering Troll you moron!!

Finally, after a few more wasted minutes of searching.

Warin: THERE!!! See those two statues at the entrance, that is the way in to Uru! Lets run past them.

Faclathir: CHARRRRRRRGE!!!!!

Ardith: Oh, Lord, where does he think he is going?

Backpain: After him QUICK! He is agroing everything in sight!

Warin: He is going to get himself killed!!!

Moments later after Falcathir jumps into a pool of water just to the side of the main ramp into Uru thus negating all the agro he had accumulated.

Warin: Im dead.

Orinol: Me too.

Christhalion: Me too, and I can see the main gate.

Backpain: Im dead as well and Im AT the gate! By the way, who has the key?

Ardith: OooOOooooOOOOoooOoOoOOO!!!!!!

After a quick resuretion, at the wrong res circle I might add, the fellowship, minus Falcathir who was doing the back stroke in the pool, headed back for another try. This time they were successful in getting through the gate.

Warin: Welcome to Uru!!!

Backpain: Um, why does my map say Carn Dum?

Warin: Crap!

Falcathir: Lets head on and see where this leads shall we?

A few steps later the fellowship finds an ally campsite, acquires a few quests and heads out in the general direction of some sort of place that may or may not be what they are looking for.

Ardith: I just dont understand you boys, why on earth didnt you ask for directions back there? MEN!

Warin: This is far more exciting not knowing where we are going and figuring it out for ourselves!

A few of the other members of the fellowship: YEAH!

After finding that the bridge leading directly to Uru has collapsed they turn a corner and lo and behold the entrance to Uru is staring them in the face.

Warin: See? I told you I knew where we were going!!

Christhalion: RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

The rest of the story is actually fairly boring. It was a successful Uru run, with all the bosses killed and only a few deaths. The only exciting things that happened was first when a few of the fellowship (names deleted) decided it would be a cool idea to try base jumping off the first rope bridge to the left when you enter Uru and thus killing themselves and second when Backpain had to leave and Faernath took his place by jumping from the same bridge but missed the walkway where the rest of the fellowship was standing and landed instead on the top of a building where the group couldnt res him. Other than that it was a textbook run and Orinol and Warin were able to get a few of the class quest items they were needing.

Ok, that is a boring ending. You deserve something better. No really. Here how is this:

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

A FSH!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:25 pm

El Oso
Ozgafen wrote:Faernath took his place by jumping from the same bridge but missed the walkway where the rest of the fellowship was standing and landed instead on the top of a building where the group couldnt res him.
Hmm
I thought I got perfect 10s on my flawless walkway landing!

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Syro
Wow!!!! What happened to all my beloved friends in SSX? Mariwen vowed not to drink with Wulfy again before a run... but this!!! :eek: *Shock* :eek: This is darn FUNNY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Ozgafen
Hmm
I thought I got perfect 10s on my flawless walkway landing!
Not the first attempt. The first time you scored in the low 6's due to your lack of accuracy since you landed on the top of a nearby building. The second attempt was a much cleaner dive complete with a double backflip and you stuck the landing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:17 am

El Oso
Ozgafen wrote:Not the first attempt. The first time you scored in the low 6's due to your lack of accuracy since you landed on the top of a nearby building. The second attempt was a much cleaner dive complete with a double backflip and you stuck the landing!
Weird. I only remember jumping once. Must have been the impact...
:D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:37 am

Christhalion
Yes Oz got it wrong this time... it was I the Great White and Fearless Elf Hunter who base jumped not once, but twice, and the second time I impaled myself on the spikes of the keep high above the pass I was attempting to land on where you were. Aside from Ardith wanting to leave me there to bleed out my, as she said, "worthless Elven Pale blood", I was rescued by the noble Elf Falcathir, and revived to life by the sweet elven tunes he played on his lute.
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:15 pm

FalconX
Christhalion wrote:Yes Oz got it wrong this time... it was I the Great White and Fearless Elf Hunter who base jumped not once, but twice, and the second time I impaled myself on the spikes of the keep high above the pass I was attempting to land on where you were. Aside from Ardith wanting to leave me there to bleed out my, as she said, "worthless Elven Pale blood", I was rescued by the noble Elf Falcathir, and revived to life by the sweet elven tunes he played on his lute.
I have proof! ;D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:35 pm

El Oso
Falcathir wrote:I have proof!
Ack, I've been confused with a filthy dirty ELF!

I hope Angmar's cleaning crew was able to clean up your worthless Elven Pale blood from their beautiful reddish-green facade!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Ozgafen
Yeah, I got confused. Must have been my continued state of "You've Muddled Your Wits!"

Return to “Lord of the Rings”