Officer kinship invites/promoting peeps

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Officer kinship invites/promoting peeps

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:42 pm

El Oso
We have seen an influx of new members recently, I'd just like to briefly request that officers not promote any new recruits to allow for a trial period. Alts, of course, can be invited and promoted in one fell swoop. Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Stracius
Aye, I've been watching new recruits being promoted to member status with relatively little trial period. It worries me a little.

We haven't had any problems yet (thank god) so I hadn't brought it up yet, but we really should get at least two members to vouch for a recruit before accepting them as full members. There are a lot of reasons behind this, which I can go into thorough detail if needs be (not the first time, lol).

In short - it's been rehashed many times in many games , and we've just found that this method tends to help us head off potential problems with the least effort. Find two members willing to vouch for a recruit before promoting to member. This lets us know that a) we've actually spent time with them and hopefully have an idea of who they are; and b) they want to spend time with us.

We don't really have written policy within the SSX (for good reason). The preference is to adjust our methods as the need arises and based on the situation. I'm more than happy to see new people join us :) . I'd just like to see that care is taken so that very few trouble-makers slip through and cause my friends headache in a world where we should only have cause for enjoyment.

Call it pre-emptive maintenance :lol: . Anyway, that's my thought.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Christhalion
I whole-heartedly agree! There are members we have even now that I have never seen or spoken to in game. I like to think I do my best to talk with everyone when I'm on, and if I haven't my apologies to you. Sometimes it is game time difference as well.

What I personally would like to see is that anyone who joins the kin needs to be registered and active on the forums before we promote them into the group. The forums is one of the best ways of kin communication we have, especially since we don't all play at the same time. I don't think just primetime players should have the most say in what we do around here, but it can't be helped that those that are active in the forums are going to be the voice of the kin on matters.
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

Return to “Lord of the Rings”