A movie for the little folk

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

A movie for the little folk

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:41 am

Orinol
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008 ... 76000.html

is anybody as excited for this as I am?

I think we should install a home theater system in the Kin house, complete with Dolby 7.1 surround sound, and then get like 15 lounge chairs. Movie night??? ohh yeah :thumb:
"Forecast for tomorrow: A few sprinkles of genius with a chance of DOOM!"

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:09 pm

Syro
Bink wants 10 gold per seat!

I am excited. I loved The Hobbit (the book... not Bink).

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:39 pm

El Oso
Syro wrote:I am excited. I loved The Hobbit (the book... not Bink).
I loved both hobbits.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:15 am

Christhalion
At Last! Can't wait! Although I would prefer the movie to be called the ELF, but I think they already made that one!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Eli
I have been following the adaption of "The Hobbit" into a movie since the beginning, and I am very excited. Though, I do have concerns with Del Toro being chosen as the director.

Actually, I would like to movie to be called "ELI"

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:57 pm

El Oso
Transcript from chat with Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro:
http://www.wetanz.com/holics/index.php? ... tid=2#more

I have to say I don't like this at all. I had enough problems with the liberties they took with the trilogy, I think I'm going to be forced to boycott the whole thing:

WetaHost 2 - Hello Mr. Jackson and Mr. Del Toro! Thank you very much for this time. My question is one that I think you will hear alot of from many of us...from what material will you pulling the second movie from? I know it'll be great with you two on board, but I am mighty curious. I am a huge fan of both of you and I look foward to more Tolkien films!

Guillermo del Toro The idea is to find a compelling way to join THE HOBBIT and FELLOWSHIP and enhance the 5 films both visually an in their Cosmology. Theres omissions and material enough in the available, licensed material to attempt this. The agreement is, however, that the second film must be relevant and emotionally strong enough to be brought to life but that we must try and contain the HOBBIT in a single film.

Peter Jackson I'm really looking forward to developing Film Two. It gives us a freedom that we haven't really had on our Tolkien journey. Some of you may well say that's a good thing of course! The Hobbit is interesting in how Tolkien created a feeling of dangerous events unfolding, which preoccupy Gandalf. There's an awful lot of incident that happens during that 60 year gap. At this stage, we're not imagining a film that literally covers 60 years, like a bio-pic or documentary. We would figure out what happens during that 60 years, and choose one short section of time to drop in and dramatise for the screen. I'm really interested in how it effects The Hobbit - do we show what happens to Gandalg during his trips away? We'll see. We may well have seeds for Film Two that we'll subtly sow during The Hobbit.

Return to “Lord of the Rings”