Our current sustainability

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:19 pm

User avatar
El Oso
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 pm
Syro wrote:The current player base should feel free to do as they like with the in-game kin. Gotta be fun or why do it?


Agreed!

If SSX-Lotro opens up it's recruitment, I'll get behind it & will do what I can to help new peeps!

If more folks leave, as some have indicated they may, I wish them luck.

While I don't feel the need to leave SSX, I know we keep losing members... I thought we had a great base to build on with several each of regulars and occasional players and really thought we could turn things around with active leadership, but the trend seems to be to move on to something ready-made rather than stick it out and fix SSX.

I know I'm not as active as some other members (some of whom don't regularly visit the forums) and I do realize there's a point where as a group we have to cut our losses...

I'll roll with whatever happens...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Rentor
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:49 am
Ok, Fear, first, Like i said before about asking ppl to send you an email or check out the site. Evan though I asked them does not mean they will do it, so i guess they didnt do it.
Second, I dont want to be an officer, Im not going to beg anyone on a game to be promoted, I have shown my actions with this kin and no one cares. The leaders or officers see me on, many a time i have been on and offered my time to help anyone with anything, and nothing. If I was asked to help with recruiting then i would have gone out and done it. if all this Kin is for a chat box then why would you think ppl will join? I get asked if we do rift runs, Helegrod, cd, moors, thats what ppl are wanting in a kin for.

You guys say once MoM comes out ppl will come back?, so We should wait for ppl to come back because they gave up the game to play another?

I have said on the forums I will play warhammer, but i wont give up LoTr, I will play both.

Yea im kinda pissed, if you guys have not noticed, but in the end it just a game and I think everyone I have met and played with in this kin are good ppl, Im an easy person to deal with but It all comes down to having fun on the game.

Rentor/Dave
Hi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 pm

User avatar
El Oso
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 pm
Rentor wrote:Ok, Fear, first, Like i said before about asking ppl to send you an email or check out the site. Evan though I asked them does not mean they will do it, so i guess they didnt do it.


Hey Dave, I'm Dan :D

If they were really truly interested I can only assume that you would have heard from them again even if they didn't want to take the time to mail one of our officers! If they were too lazy for that first step, I'm inclined to call that a Darwinian process. :)

As for officer status- I didn't promote you because you weren't nominated when I asked for officer nominations. I held one nomination/vote in my tenure, only promoted those who had a majority positive vote, and promoted two officers as a result. All members regardless of title or status were invited and encouraged to nominate and vote so it would be a representative process!

As for recruiting- I've said a few times in this and other threads that I don't see recruitment as being title-dependent. Recruiting has nothing to do with having the title of officer. Meaning, all members should feel free to introduce their friends to kin, and kin to their friends! Officers only exist to make it a process to guarantee the quality of incoming peeps.

Rentor wrote:You guys say once MoM comes out ppl will come back?, so We should wait for ppl to come back because they gave up the game to play another?


Absolutely! It'll be great to see them again in Middle Earth... The folks that left the game are good friends and were integral parts of the kinship and still are when it comes to SSX as a whole. SSX isn't Lotro specific, I don't fault anyone for taking a break to go to another game and they are welcome back in the Lotro chapter (if there is one) if and when they return to the game, which several folks have already said will happen when Moria comes out. I'm looking forward to running with old friends as much as I am of running with great new people. This all ties in to Eli's OP in that other recent thread, where he asked if waiting through a lull would be worth it to run with people who are coming back from other games...

Mostly what I was talking about when referring to Moria, is that it's coinciding with the holiday season, so I see it as being a time when a lot of new blood will be playing the game and we'll have a bigger pool of potential recruits!

Rentor wrote:Yea im kinda pissed, if you guys have not noticed, but in the end it just a game and I think everyone I have met and played with in this kin are good ppl, Im an easy person to deal with but It all comes down to having fun on the game.


I can tell you're pissed, that's for sure!
What I was getting at in that other post is that I'm not really clear on what you are pissed about!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:25 pm

User avatar
Stracius
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: under the starry night sky
Contact:
I may speak only for myself, but I disagree. I see your efforts, and I'm highly appreciative of them :) .

By the same token, however, I'm not always able to drop what I'm doing and join you and others in the activities you try to get going. Don't take it as a sign of apathy, I'm just otherwise occupied.

Hell, when was the last time you saw /me/ try to get the kin together for an activity? And I'm supposed to be a bit of a role-model, too :lol: . Ahh, you make me look bad, but that's not a bad thing. You have my thanks, and always have.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:44 pm

User avatar
El Oso
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 pm
Rentor wrote:if all this Kin is for a chat box then why would you think ppl will join? I get asked if we do rift runs, Helegrod, cd, moors, thats what ppl are wanting in a kin for.


I joined... You joined... You came in right after we lost the first big round of members a few months ago, I don't think we've done any organized running since... It's been mostly about the chat box... And honestly was before as well, I think, for a lot of our members. I definitely don't see it as a guarantee for groups and historically we've been a bunch of soloers who 2-man or 3-man things and occasionally fellow up but who like the kin culture and like the identity that SSX offers. I think that has drawn people who like the laid-back atmosphere and don't want to repetitively run end-game content. So ultimately, it ends up being about the chat box :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm

User avatar
El Oso
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 pm
Stracius wrote:I may speak only for myself, but I disagree. I see your efforts, and I'm highly appreciative of them :)


You definitely don't speak for yourself!

It is tough to organize runs out of a pool of 6 regulars though! People tend to go off & do their own thing...

I haven't been on much lately and when I am, mostly stand around various auction halls & chat with people. Hard to wrangle into runs :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:00 am

User avatar
Stracius
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: under the starry night sky
Contact:
Well I think we've gotten enough responses, and those I haven't heard from on the forums I've spoken with in-game. I didn't get any sense of a consensus for a merging, or migrating to another kin. Seems those who are staying wish to do so of their own desire.

It wasn't a bad idea, just one that isn't necessary for us. Now lets see what we can do about connecting with new people :)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.


Return to “Lord of the Rings”


Information

  • Who is online

  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron