Recruiting system

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Recruiting system

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Andrimner
Okey, some of you heard me talking about my ideas towards recruiting.
Dont misunderstand me, I really like the system as it is, every member hand-picked.

But unfortunately this isnt exactly effective, when you start thinking about the future siege battles we will encounter.
For what I know there is 48v48 in this siege battles, that mean we should have at least the double in total members maybe even more because most people (not including me) actually do other stuff than playing 24/7

So in this thread I want to present my idea on how we can increase the amount of members so when we reach tier3 city we are ready to kick some ass.
(!Officers rank is not even mentioned in this post, because there shouldnt be any more officers than there already is, except they find it for good to take some of us into the warmth)
Instead of having 3 officers trying to do all the recruiting, we will have several recruiters (4th lvl guild rank), these recruiters have not only gone through the whole trial period but are also extra trusted by the officers. To become a recruiter you have to be more than just a member.

Trial system:
When a officer or recruiter invites a person to the guild he will go through these faces.
1st he will be lvl1 guild rank, he is a soldier, mercenary of some kind and he can stay at this lvl as long as he wants to, but if he wants to become an actual member and start harvesting the fruits of cooperation he have to start his trial period. He does this by contacting either an recruiter or officer.
(the 1st level is really just going to be a list of people that are waiting to go into trial periode, but at that time will also help defend the guild city and maybe also help gather resources)
In the trial period he will be lvl2 guild rank, in the next two weeks he have to show that he/she wants to be a part of the guild, and things we will be looking at is f.ex.:
- Grouping
- Ventrilo behavior
- Forum activity
- Cooperation
- General behavior
- Dedication (f.ex. help with guild city)
- + others?
After 2 weeks the officers will have a meeting about this player to decide if they will extend his period or if he will be rejected as a member, OR hopefully become a Member of SSX
He will now be 3rd guild rank
And if he shows even more dedication to the guild he may one day be a recruiter (4th lvl guild rank)
Note: ranks are important to people, its easier to ask a guy to harvest resources if his rank goes up because he helps the guild out, he get higher rank for showing dedication.

Ok so I want comments on this. This is ofcourse just a rough sketch of my thoughts
The Official Beer Runner in Doomsayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm

suggz
sounds good what do jack and mel say? i like to follow blindly so its up to you guys ;D. I would also like to add that as of late i have not been on much and thats because work and other things have been taking over but rest asure i will be back in full force
"full strength like a cyclops eye drops"

we all have lives

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Andrimner
we all have lives beside aoc... and thats why i like this guild because people here understand that there are things comming in front of aoc...

its not a guild with whiny little 14 year olds...
hehe

EDITED: For adult lang ;D
The Official Beer Runner in Doomsayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 pm

undrin
I will be talking this over with Starbuck, Ahnyanka and Pad as these are some very good ideas. We will have to fine toon some of them to match the overall SSX ideals, such as every actual member in the guild at the time has the option to vote for any new member. We are not going to be dictators, we actually want your input and ideas. We promise they will be used. Ask any of the WoW group that come over! :thumb:

Special sneak peak: We are looking into a recruiting position and don't quote me but I belive there will be one coming in the very near future. If I am wrong you can gank me. ONCE! lol
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Padishar
Good point about the numbers necessary for siege warfare :thumb:
undrin wrote:If I am wrong you can gank me. ONCE! lol
:lol:

Return to “Age of Conan”