ok what the <censored> is this?

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

ok what the <censored> is this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:12 pm

Andrimner
I found this video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJrEcob ... re=related

it shows a AoC hack that makes you lvl 80, gives u as much money you want, the items you want and much more...

i have my doubts this is working... but if you read the comments on the movie, there is alot of people saying it is working...

i have of course no intention of using it since thise destroys the whole game experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the problem is that if this is working i might actually be ganked by a bithcy little cheating teenagers at some moment...?

someone have any knowledge about the hacks for AoC?

I guess that if you download the "hack", you can just throw your computer out the window because of virus... and you aoc account you can waive good bye to... so dont download it... but if you know this is working or not... i might just throw AoC out the window :D

or just stop playing until they have a hack proof system :D...

ok so im not going to stop playing, im to addicted for that... but any information would be nice :D
The Official Beer Runner in Doomsayer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 am

Magdalena
From the looks of it, this is designed to hack your account but not in the way you'd want it to. Can't find anything on this other than the video, and the video is everywhere. There is a link to the download, but even I wouldn't trust that one as it's on a public site where there's no info on who's distributing this.

More than likely it's similar to the other hack listed on YouTube.... where they tell you to send your account into along with several codes to a hotmail account that's supposedly for AoC GM's.

They're just attempts to get your account info so they can use your account for nefarious means (gold selling, account selling, etc.)

Even if it does do so, there are server logs and a jump from 1-80 in a day is going to raise red flags. These accounts may not be banned immediately but they will be banned.

Every MMO has a period of investigation before banning accounts... being that they're a new game I'd imagine theirs takes a bit.

Most actual exploits that exist in early stages of MMOs (yes, they all have them to some degree though they're usually fairly easily detectable) are speed hacks, teleport hacks, item and/or gold duping bugs. AoC has already had one duping bug they've cleaned up and emptied accounts of those that used it. I'm sure the speed and teleport ones are out there too since I've never seen an MMO without them, but they're very detectable.

It's not something I'd give much concern over, and certainly not worrysome enough to quit over. Easy question to ask yourself... have you ever seen it in-game? If it were really happening all over the place, also nothing in the AH would be affordable to a legit player.

Personally haven't seen it happen in-game ever... wouldn't be nearly so many out there leveling the hard way if it were true... and AH is fairly stable with moderate swings due to supply and demand.

Therefore I disregard it until I see reason to do otherwise. Also, if anybody had seen it in-game the whiney AoC forums would be going nuts and that's one post the devs would pay quick attention to.

yup

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Andrimner
you confirmed my believes :D
The Official Beer Runner in Doomsayer

Return to “Age of Conan”