Count me in!

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Count me in!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Gryphon
Hello!

Where do I sign up :P
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:30 pm

W11chter
First, register your character and nation at the Cyber Nations website.

Second, refer to Kahn's advice for new nations. I have modified the advice here:
  1. Set your tax rate around 20%. The lower it is, the happier your people are. 16% is the highest rate you can choose that will be considered "moderate" taxation, and 20% is considered by the game description to be moderately high. You choose how happy you want your people to be.
  2. Set your team color to blue. This is important. You get a bonus for trading with people on the same team, and most alliances are dedicated to one color. Blue Team is one of the largest and best organized. Kahn also thinks that blue goes best with the SSX fanboy shoes that he just bought.
  3. Set your War/Peace Preference to "War is an option." Being a peaceful nation for too long after your initial starting period is extremely detrimental to your nation's happiness.
    Also, higher DEFCON (DEFense CONdition) levels are also bad for your nation's happiness level. Stay in DEFCON 5 at all times. If you are attacked for whatever reason, switch to DEFCON 1, and this will make your soldiers more effective and cheaper to purchase. Being attacked can be easily avoided if you have an Alliance Affiliation other than "None."
  4. Put "Shattered Star Exiles" as your Alliance Affiliation. Also put "Protected by Nueva Vida" somewhere in your national bio. It is one of the best deterrents to criminal and rogue nations.
  5. Focus on infrastructure. Technology is useless when you are very small. Budget ahead when buying infrastructure. You want to keep your nation's happiness level up there. So each time you buy infrastructure, anticipate that you may also need to buy a bit of land (the give the new people space) and some soldiers (to comfort them); that is, when you buy infrastructure, your population increases and so do the demands of the people.
  6. Eventually, you will want to join a trade ring, but it will be difficult to do until you have a harbor. Trade rings are informal/formal agreements between six nations that want to trade specific commodities for specific benefits together. So the same six people all trade amongst each other; each of them adds two resources to the pot. Special combinations of resources also confer special benefits. For important info on trades, see here. The modifiers of all resources and bonus resources are listed here.
  7. You'd do best to concede whatever government type and religion your people demand, as it greatly increases your happiness level, and therefore your income per capita.
  8. If you have Firefox, snag this nifty add-on.
Third, after you get yourself figured out (I recommend reading a whole bunch on the CN website), you'll want to sign up for tech deals with Nueva Vida, our Aufseher. Use the Nueva Vida Learning Center to find exactly what tech deals are and how they can be done.
"Wenn der Herr die Stadt nicht bewacht, wacht der W11chter vergebens" (Psalm 127:1).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:55 pm

Kon
Hey there, Gryph! Did you get around to making a nation? Follow Waechter's advice, as it is sound. :)
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:41 pm

W11chter
@Kahn
I do make a good mimic. ;)
"Wenn der Herr die Stadt nicht bewacht, wacht der W11chter vergebens" (Psalm 127:1).

Return to “Cyber Nations”