State of the alliance and our plans for the future

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

State of the alliance and our plans for the future

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 am

Kon
I was originally just going to respond to the recent posts in the election thread, but there are so many other things I want to address that I feel it is much better suited for it's own thread.

Regarding the Senate: As we're not a protectorate of NV anymore, we can decide to vote for whomever we please. That said, I would still throw my support behind Nelchael, current Emperor of NV, and ruler of Zombiea. Steelertopia is also still a good choice, but his numbers are pretty solid. Honestly, that's just my 20 second assessment of the info on the Team Information Panel. I didn't think that Senate Elections would be a major source of confusion, but I may have assumed too much. Sorry I didn't say something on this subject earlier.

As for tech deals, I recently spoke with Veneke of the 57th regarding getting SSX sellers into 3x3s with them. Invitations were sent out a day or two ago, but I don't know if Wulfie or RnR have responded yet. The situation for tech buyers, which is the other 8 of you, is a lot more difficult. As time progresses, more existing nations switch from seller to buyer. Thus, the tech market depends primarily on new players. This was all ready becoming an issue over the past year, where the growth of the player population slowed significantly, and the overall population of CN had for a long time been hovering at roughly 30,000. Due to the war (which finally just ended on Sunday), off-the-charts global radiation, and just plain boredom, the population has now fallen to between 26-27k. This just further compounds the issue of finding sellers, and it's become a sort of global crisis.

The only thing I can offer about this is that we try to join the new "Blunity" treaty, which fosters economic cooperation between Blue Team alliances. There are no military obligations to this treaty, and I think it would probably be a good move for us.

As far as the general state of the alliance, I agree that things have been much more quiet recently than I would like; but at the end of the day this certainly isn't a dictatorship, and although I love to help and see the alliance grow and succeed, I am only willing to go as far as the rest of the membership. Last I checked, we had just lost three people to inactivity, a good portion of the rest of us were also quite busy, and our ingame growth was flatlining. For the last few weeks, our alliance NS has been basically stagnant, though I was very happy to see that in the past week, we have gone back to positive growth and participation. This prompted me to actually get onto Coldfront IRC for the first time in a while, and get back to doing stuff. July 28th is our one year anniversary in CN, and I hope that it's only the beginning. If you guys are ready to get back into the game, I'm still more than willing to do all I can to move us forward.

Now, the question is, what do we want to do?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: State of the alliance and our plans for the future

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Isileth
I'm going to be blunt and say im pretty much done with CN.

I still login every now and then to keep active but I cant see myself getting involved again. A sudden war might change that but it would be temporary.

So I will say if the group wants to survive it needs fresh blood and a boost of activity else I can see everyone slowly slipping off like myself and others have/are.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Kon
From IRC:

Yeah, tomorrow is our one year anniversary as an alliance in CN! That, in conjunction with your response, makes me think that it is definitely time to start recruiting for real. Back when we lost a couple guys, I sent out messages for a few days, but didn't really make it a regular thing, or work on improving my rough draft message. I think tomorrow I will make an announcement on the CN boards regarding our anniversary and our plans to begin recruitment. I, like you, have been getting kind of bored with CN, and I think that is definitely due to the lack of new blood.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Zephir
I'm still here, and still trying to find a trade circle :smack:

I've been rather busy lately due to the birth of my grandson, getting laid off, and looking for a job.

My nation is still growing, a little slowly, due to the lack of a trade circle or a tech deal and the lack of time to look for them.

Zeph.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 am

Inquisitor
Its not a game that seems to require a great deal of involvement. I would not mind more blood infused though :)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:20 am

Syro
I am keeping my freedom. But I still like seeing what you guys are doing. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:31 am

Kon
So now that we've established that we're not all dead, does anyone actually have any idea of what they would like the alliance to accomplish, either in response to my original post, or something completely different that they have on their mind?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Inquisitor
Your proposals seem sensible, I see no reason to not just try one (or all) and see what happens :) Sounds like, at least for sellers, tech deals are back on the menu and thats a good thing :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:50 am

Jericho78
Yeah I'm here still. I think our 2 immediate priorities are new blood and tech deals, in that order. :thumb:

Return to “Cyber Nations”