Shattered Star Renaissance

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Shattered Star Renaissance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Miasma
So one of the reason's I returned here was to give this grand old place a pick-me-up.

So to this end, I present my plan.

I believe in the power of Manhattan Projects, So I would reccommend Messiah get one, and possibly Wachter, if his economy can support one. I think roughly 35K NS is needed to support them.

Begin Tech Trading in massive quantities, our ties with Nueva Vida should help, so too should Blunity. IAA will be able to help to that end too when the PIAT goes through.

The IAA PIAT is a nice segway to the another aspect of my plan, as we are building up our nations, we need to also build up the profile of the SSX. Alliances without the potential and power of SSX have been very successful because of a well managed PR front and allying with the right folks.

Here in the near future we need to start recruiting. In my opinion, we need to target fairly high NS unaligneds, preferrably those with Alliance experience. It's notoriously tricky, and has a very low success rate, but an infusion of new blood is, I believe, what we need.

This is what I've got, for now. I'm interested in the opinions of you guys, because only with a collective effort do we have a chance to end this stagnation and do something great.

Re: Shattered Star Renaissance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Kon
This sounds like a great plan, although I personally would put priority on tech trading and recruiting over the Manhattan Projects. Getting MPs can be tricky because it requires a Uranium trade to purchase the wonder.

Fake edit: I just looked and realized Messiah already has Uranium in his trade circle, as do Ed, Zeph, Wulfie, and myself. It shouldn't be too hard convincing one of our trade partners (perhaps with a little monetary incentive), to do a quick temp trade with Wachter when the time is right.

But I truly believe the most important part of the plan is increasing our PR. I have been absolutely terrible at this since the alliance started. In the beginning I went off the radar for a while in an effort to separate SSX from any associations with Browncoats or its old friends and enemies, but I never really came back up on said radar after that.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Miasma
Ah, I did not intend to convey a sense of priorities, in my mind most of these are equal in merit.

We need to brainstorm some ideas for an OWF announcement I think, possibly sooner rather than later. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Inquisitor
I need to get a stable, don;t have tow work for it tech deal, but haven't had much time to deal with it. Registered at Blunity(sp?) but didn't do anything after that :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:17 am

Miasma
Are you selling or buying?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Inquisitor
Buying, if I ever get off my ass :)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 am

Miasma
I'm a seller.
Once my selling cycle with Valhallans completes, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 am

Jericho78
Buying too, and it's too dang frigging long since I was involved in buying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:41 am

Miasma
I'm willing to organize tech deals for all SSX members if those services are so required.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Inquisitor
If you don't mind rewarding us (and when I say us, I mean me) for being lazy gits :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:13 am

Messiah
I had a very stable trade circle for almost a year. Rock replaced the one member we lost when he joined the game. I was reluctant to break the circle, even though I have been considering going nuclear for several months. With Rock gone, I picked up uranium. Now that Isileth is gone, my circle is a mess, and I imagine it will take some time to reform. I plan on purchasing the Manhattan Wonder on or about 11/10, nukes to follow.

I am not a good recruiter, but you can count on me for cash transfers to new and growing nations. I am happy to dedicate at leat 3 slots to it i needed.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:31 am

Miasma
If you are looking for a tech seller and you are a buyer, I have one slot open now, and more opening up soon.

I do a pretty standard deal for inter-alliance deals.
3 Mil for 50 Tech and then 3 Mil for 100 Tech.

Hit me with an in-game PM or just send 3 mil and we'll get things a-rollin.

If you need more sellers let me know and I'll organize some stuff.

If you are looking for tech buyers and you are a seller that can't find enough buyers here, let me know and I'll do my best to organize some deals.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Inquisitor
I sent you 3 mill, you cancelled it :)

Granted I was just trying to help, but I am also looking to buy tech.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Miasma
Sorry.

I'm still doing tech deals with Valhalla, and they get cranky if I miss my delivery date.
One I'm done with the Vikings, I'll be a lot more flexible to do deals here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Inquisitor
Just tell me when you want some money :)
No signature

Return to “Cyber Nations”