Things that need to be done

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Things that need to be done

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:51 am

Kon
1) Adrian informed me that he had planned to collect some days worth of back taxes, but that his trade circle had fallen apart and he is now in bill lock by some $60 million. Needless to say, this is rather serious. If you currently have an unused trade slot, please trade with him here. Please post if you have income-boosting resources, and priority will be given to you. I also need volunteers to send him some money, if you have any spare slots.

2) I need volunteers for an ambassadorship to other alliance forums. If you're interested in that, please volunteer as well.

3) I'm giving myself until January 15th to write a recruitment message for general use.

4) I will endeavor to find some reliable tech sellers. I was just talking to people about this today, and it is widely agreed that good tech sellers are becoming much harder to find in the last six months or so; I'm sure you will agree. Hopefully, we can alleviate this problem by trying to negotiate a fairly consistent deal with a newer alliance of small nations.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: Things that need to be done

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Inquisitor
No open trade slots but I can send cash.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:30 am

Jericho78
I don't have an available trade slot but I can send him money. Aid is on its way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:22 am

Messiah
Sending aid.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:53 am

Kon
Okay, hold on. Everyone can quit sending aid for the time being. I just took a quick look at Adrian's nation, and it is a shining example of exactly what you should not do when managing your nation. Myself and a few others were taking a look at Irritus, and Adrian is paying at least three times the amount in bills that he should be. I would now like to shift the focus of this thread to an alliance audit. Adrian should be just fine if he remembers to do the following things, which you should all now check to make sure you are doing correctly. These are my primary concerns at this time, as I see a lot of people are not following these standard procedures:

1) Never have any navy-related improvements if you don't have a navy.

2) Never have a single Guerrilla Camp improvement unless you are at war.

3) Never stockpile Cruise Missiles. In peace time, you should have zero. In war, never buy more than two at a time.

4) Never have any tanks in peace time.

5) If you allow bills to accumulate over a long period, make sure you have 5 Labor Camps when you pay your bills. Do not collect taxes with Labor Camps.

6) If you do not have nuclear weapons, or are currently trying to build them, set your government position to ban nuclear weapons and research.

7) Capitalism is the best form of government for paying bills. Democracy is the best for collecting taxes.

On the trading front, I have been speaking to IAA, and Adrian, Zeph, and Wachter all have resources that are needed in trade circles that they are working to form. Wachter, I'm not sure if you are already in a trade circle that simply lost a member, so I didn't put you forth for the IAA circle. Please tell me if you would like to be in it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Vince Glortho
Kahn wrote: 2) Never have a single Barracks improvement unless you are at war.
You mean Guerrilla Camps, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Kon
Yes, thanks for catching that. Barracks are normally fine, but Adrian still has to get rid of them because he has -11 improvement slots, and needs to buy Labor Camps. It appears as though he may have sold some infrastructure to reduce bills. This may be tempting, but also remember that selling infra is never the way to solve bill problems, as it is also the source of your income.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 am

Kon
Adrian has been saved from a $125 million bill lock situation, albeit at the cost of some infrastructure. The problem ended up being much worse than I had anticipated, as he hadn't paid bills in 53 days. In such a situation, selling the excess infrastructure unfortunately is the only way to escape such massive debt. He should be doing better than ever before in a couple of weeks, however. The following people have trade resources that are needed in IAA trade circles. Please post and tell us whether you'd like to take up the offer or not.

Adrian
Zeph
Jericho - Again, I'm not sure if you are still in a trade circle that is merely missing a member or not. Either way, if you don't want to wait to find a replacement, this one is available.
Wachter - I realize you already have a trade circle, but the enticement here is that this one has Uranium. You are almost getting into the nuclear-capable range, so it's something to think about.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Zephir
I have resources that are needed for a trade circle, wow.

Trade circles are the bane of my life, I can never seem to find one.

Sign me up.

Zeph
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:21 am

Jericho78
Yeah Kahn, I'm in a trade circle, got the missing member replaced. Not sure if I can support nukes yet though. Thanks.

Return to “Cyber Nations”