An important proposition

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

An important proposition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:27 am

Kon
Aside from my "recent" (8 day old) post meant simply to generate conversation, this forum hasn't been used in a month. For some time now, and I'm at a loss as to what to do with our alliance to make the game more interesting. We've accomplished pretty much all of our goals, fought in every major war except the last sorry excuse for a brawl, and made a few highly respectable friends. That said, and in wake of our increasing inactivity, I have considered taking up the offer on an interesting proposal I received some time ago from Chim, Voodoo, and our other friends at IAA. It's basically a kind of half-merger, where we would participate in their domestic alliance programs, affairs, and community, while retaining our own forums and IRC. Here is what is involved:

What this does for us:
  • Provides access to a larger, highly active community full of many old friends.
  • People working for us to get us stable, long term trade circles and tech deals.
  • Up to date advice and in-depth guides on how to get the most out of nations of any size, not just our 2 year old noob guide.
  • Team-oriented goals to work toward. Right now, IAA is helping friends recover from the recently ended war.
  • A fair and equal voice in the affairs and decision-making of the IAA.
  • Much improved global influence and participation in politics, as IAA is a major player on the world stage.
  • Keep most of our discussion on these forums and Max Gaming IRC.
  • Full access to their forums, so you are free to get involved in their community as much as you wish.
What this does for them:
  • We use the "Imperial Assault Alliance" affiliation ingame.
  • Register on their forums to facilitate trade circles and tech deals. For those of you wishing to put in minimal time on another forum, I will re-post important programs or other happenings here.
  • As we have a voice in the decision-making, we also follow those decisions.
  • 8 new top-tier nations in the IAA roster, 34 additional nukes, and an overall 18% increase in total strength.
Personally, I am all for this. I think it would liven up the game for us again, and get us involved in a lot of things that we have been missing the mark on lately. It is not a big change to follow the policy of the IAA, as they have all the same friends, and are very respectable, level-headed people who will not do stupid things. Chim also told me that they have some discussion about other games that they play; I could probably get him to have link or re-direct to SSX as the place for non-CN games. That would also be quite beneficial to us, as it would get more people over here and give us the opportunity get some fresh blood circulating around the community.

What do the rest of you think? If possible, I would like to get everyone's opinion on this before we make a decision.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: An important proposition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Jericho78
I'm a simple guy; I'm all for this. But what about our identity? Our stand as a member of SSX?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Kon
We would all remain members of the SSX community, of course. And Chim has stated that on their forums, SSX members would all be distinguishable by a special icon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Voodoo Nova
If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll attempt to answer them the best I can.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 am

Lavo
Voodoo Nova wrote:If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll attempt to answer them the best I can.
And I can give a shot at answering 'em too. Also hello thar SSX!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:25 am

Jericho78
Hello Voodoo Nova and Lavo! :thumb: I don't know where the others are but I'm all for this. Don't have much questions at this point. :weird:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Vince Glortho
If we are relocating, I want an office with a view. I am tired of the cube.

/me starts packing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm

JarodRah
To be honest, I have become relatively bored with the game, so anything that could liven it up and make it interesting again I am all for doing.
Sc-Fi Gaming
Mechs
Kicking Eds butt in Lore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Inquisitor
I agree with Jarod.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Stracius
JarodRah wrote:To be honest, I have become relatively bored with the game, so anything that could liven it up and make it interesting again I am all for doing.

Face it.

Waaagh!

Anything else is just building up for it.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Messiah
Great idea, especially if it leads to a stable trade circle for me. Let's do it.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Voodoo Nova
Hey guys, here is the link to our forums to sign in:

http://forums.theimperialassault.com/index.php

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:28 am

Kon
It seems as if we all feel like Adrian right now, and that there's not much in the way of opposition to this proposal. To get the ball rolling on this, the following needs to happen:

1. Register on the forums Voodoo linked above, and post an application here.
2. Change your alliance affiliation ingame to "Imperial Assault Alliance"

Vince seems to have already done this, and is already engaged in tech deals. I was also speaking to Chim, and he says that he has also already found trade circles for Zeph and Messiah. Things seem off to a wonderful start.

For those of you who are active on IRC, the IAA main channel is #IAA on irc.Coldfront.net. I know most people here aren't huge fans of getting on Coldfront, but it would be nice if people could stop by occasionally.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Vince Glortho
I moved yesterday and already have 4 active tech deals and one awating reply. Pretty awesome.

You guys moving too? I figured it was all of us or none of us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Messiah
I submitted my application and changed my alliance. A bit wistful about it, but I think it is the right move. I am looking forward.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Can I confirm what you guys want doing with these CN forums if this is now confirmed? I have no problem with them being left open for your continued use - but I think, if you're merging alliances, they should at the very least be moved out of the Spotlight.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:26 am

Kon
Honestly, they probably should have moved out of the spotlight quite some time ago. We've been a group for nearly two years now! :lol:

We will continue to use this forum, but you can go ahead and archive the embassy forum. The fate of the War Room is still up in the air at this point. I would keep it open just in case of a wartime situation where we still need to coordinate specifically with each other, for whatever reason.

I know the proper militarization and tuning up of our nations is one of Chim's main priorities for us, in addition to significantly increasing our tech:infra ratio.

In other news, I have sent out an ingame message telling everyone on the SSX alliance affiliation to switch over. If you haven't already done so, please follow the instructions I gave above.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:23 am

Jericho78
Done. Applied and changed the alliance affiliation. :thumb:

Return to “Cyber Nations”