The IAA and Our Future

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

The IAA and Our Future

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 am

Kon
As you may have gathered from my update in the "IAA Important Information" thread, the past two or three weeks have been quite busy over at IAA. Quite a lot of complaining that nothing ever gets done, multiple efforts to reorganize things, a campaign for democracy, several government shakeups, and a few high profile members leaving. Recently, a large number of the IAA's best people have decided that they are sick of the drama, and are preparing to leave and form a new alliance within a week's time.

I too have been contemplating my place in IAA, and whether or not it is the best place for myself and others in SSX. The merger was intended to ensure that you guys had an easier time in the game thanks to a dedicated team of people putting more effort into things than I ever could. This was never really the case in IAA, as I was compelled to get more active than I had been since I brought in SSX in an effort to help fix the IAA's ills.

Especially given the departure of this group including at least six big names in the alliance's current and former government, I think it may be time to look for a new home. The three main options I think are best right now are to move to NV, join up with the IAA splinter group, or become an independent alliance once more. I personally think the first option is best.

I ask you, what do you want to do? Do you prefer one of these three options? Do you want us to stay in IAA? Do you have any other ideas. I really want everyone's input on a big decision such as this.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: The IAA and Our Future

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 am

Jericho78
In a way, I do see your point and concern. IAA has in a way, been forcing me to spend more time on CN than I really could. Although I don't see it as wrong but now it becomes more of a chore. They have a point in making people more involved and active but I rather spend a few minutes per day on CN and not spending hours replying posts and sign-in, etc.

So if we are to go a different direction, I think first and second choices would be best. Being on our own I think means signing our own death warrant, so to speak. We still need others to push us to go that one extra step and stay in game, just that one day longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Inquisitor
We were on our own once, it lassted a while but ultimately contributed to everyones boredom. Unless there is a huge resurgence of interest and new SSX, that option will indeed be the death of hte group.

Let's do a little more research before joining any new group though, the grass always seems greener, but seldom is.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Messiah
The only member of IAA with whom I have become acquainted is Chimaera. Not sure where he stands in all of this, but he seemed reasonable to me when we spoke.

If were leaving, lets make it permanent. I like NV and they have been good to us. A splinter group worries me - seems like a magnet for potential trouble. I do not think independence is a reasonable option for us.

I am happy to follow your lead, Kahn.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

Return to “Cyber Nations”