Taxes...

Find our valiant heroes fighting the fight on the =US=Order and =US=Destruction Servers!

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Taxes...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:03 am

Ozone
OK, so were at lvl3 as a guild! We now have the ability to tax our members. Know it sounds not 'guild-like' but have a think...

If we levy a very tiny tax, say 5%. Its almost nothing and wouldn't be noticeable to any of us in the least.

As we're still learning about the guild and none of us have too much of a clue what may be in store in the future, it might be nice to get a bit of a foot planted on the financial side. I'm thinking in terms of WoW, but with a fund going we could buy guild banners for members, bag space, etc. Plus I seem to recall somewhere that guilds will eventually be able to purchase/build a guild house - that sounds like (if I'm not imagining things) it'll be a good chunk of cash.

So, anyways, just a thought. I'm more than happy to have some funds scraped off my earnings for future guild needs.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Axavier
I'm for it. I know that if you capture a keep and want to keep it it can cost up to 10g an hour and a good core of gold goes a long way to help at the high levels. Taxes also only come off mobs killed not items sold to vendors or aution houses so not really a big deal. It can also help with other things suck as siege stuff for defense or assault. Just my thoughts.
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 am

Ozone
KK, if thats the case and the tax comes exclusively from dropped coins, I'm up for whatever amount if it's gonna help us out in the future. If anyone wants to bounce around some numbers we can get an idea of what all would be happy with. Personally I'd easily go up to 50% but I know that may seem steep to some.

So, starter number suggestion: 20%
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:06 am

Padishar
Until we are actually using the gold for something,
I would suggest more like 10% then raise it once we have a direct use for the money.

Not sure how easy to save for a mount is, if it is silly easy to save for
then nm, a higher % is just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:46 am

Axavier
Mount was easy...only 15g at rank 20....should have it easy, if not I can help peeps a bit. I make gold quick with scavenging.
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:07 am

Ozone
Taxes are currently set at 10%. This only effects coins dropped from kills.
Soon we'll have enough for the weather machine, then we'll show them all! Mwaaaahahahaaahaaaaaaa....

Return to “Warhammer Online”