Is it bad...

Join us in Star Trek Online, and boldly go where no one has gone before!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Is it bad...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 am

Rock-n-Roll
that my wife asked me why I was talking about getting through a minefield in my sleep last night?

I worry for me. :sweat:

Re: Is it bad...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 am

Messiah
You weren't reliving your previous life with the 101st Airborne?

PvP is fun.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Rock-n-Roll
We need to figure out why we were not ending up in the same ones now.

Answer to your question that I missed last night...what you get out of PvP..

FUN
Badges that can be turned in for equipment (Was able to upgrade my phasers with them last night)
Skill points (I've been seeing about 60 per match plus whatever single ones you get for blowing up ships)
Boff points
I 'm pretty sure you get energy or merits as well

So all in all, I find it worthwhile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Messiah
Yeah, it was very worthwile, if just for the fun. I think it went pretty well considering we were outnumbered and I have no idea what to put in a PvP build. We should try to schedule a time when more of us will be online. Most of us are Lt Com. We could put together a pretty good team.

Probably woulnd't be a bad idea for me to get set up for voice com. I am sure it makes the biggest difference.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Definitely. I tended to run off on my own and not say anything, which usually got me killed. Works much better when I let you get shot up and then swoop in ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Rock-n-Roll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 am

Futile Resistance
When Zero and I play on our Klingon chars (over Vent), we tend to cloak and gang up behind the straggler Feddie coming out of the gate.

KAPOW BOOM PEW PEW and he dies. By then the other Feds are turning around, but the remaining Klingons have caught up to us and are now sandwiching them.

After that (because Feds don't have cloak) it's a crapshoot since they're now coming to us 1 by 1.

Voice com is a must if we're going to do successful PvP as Federation.

Return to “Star Trek Online”