Joining The SSX In Our Football Web Games

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Joining The SSX In Our Football Web Games

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
A few of us play various different football web games at present. This post will be a central source for links to, and instructions regarding how to join us in, these games. Games will be added to this list as we setup a group in there.

---------------------------------------------------

Fantasy Premier League (Currently Preparing For New Season)

Available at http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Within this game you're given a budget when you create your team, and each player in the Premier League is assigned a price. You then spend your budget as you wish to create your team, and when games are played each week (IRL) the players that you have picked accumulate points. You can transfer players in and out as the season goes on, and try and improve your team as you wish to win whatever leagues you are a part of.

You can spend as little as 5-10 minutes a week just choosing your lineup, or you can spend hours trying to work out a good transfer strategy to improve your team. It's very flexible and completely up to you what you invest, and your players will carry on accumulating points without you should you not be able to login for x number of weeks. The game does, however, only operate during the Premier League Season.

The SSX had a Private League established for the 2009/10 season and will have created one again for the upcoming season. All are welcome to participate, if you wish to do so then:

Go to your Manage Leagues panel, into the Create/Join section, and there you'll be able to enter our join code to get into the League. That code is 62460-20759

We hope to see you in the league table!

Xpert 11

Available at http://www.xperteleven.com/

This game is basically a lite-management sim without the need to micromanage every detail of a club that games such as FM require. Some of us, myself included, find such requirements unendearing and X11 a pretty great alternative that you can spend as much or a little time on as you wish. The rules of the game can be found at http://www.xperteleven.com/ruler.aspx?RuleID=34 which explains everything you need to know about the game. Any other queries can be posted in this forum, and one of us will answer as soon as we can.

Mechanus runs his own league in X11, the Lodge Premier League, and has kindly made it available for several of us to join already. If anyone wants to join, feel free to sign up to the game at the link above and then please post in this forum so that Mech is aware that someone wants to join. This game runs all year round.

We hope to see some of you join us in these games at some point :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Joining The SSX In Our Football Web Games

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Information regarding how to join our Private League within the ESPN World Cup Fantasy game has now been added to the above post.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:48 am

Jericho78
Can I add my favourite game to the list? OFM It's one of the most popular, if not popular web-based football games out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Jericho78 wrote:Can I add my favourite game to the list? OFM It's one of the most popular, if not popular web-based football games out there.
I don't play that one myself, but if you want to write a couple of lines about it/how to join it then I'll certainly be happy to add it to the list :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:31 am

Jericho78
Anubis wrote:
Jericho78 wrote:Can I add my favourite game to the list? OFM It's one of the most popular, if not popular web-based football games out there.
I don't play that one myself, but if you want to write a couple of lines about it/how to join it then I'll certainly be happy to add it to the list :)
Sure. What do I need to do? Or provide? :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Take a look at the examples above. Just a couple of lines about what the game is, what it allows you to do, and a line or so about leagues - whether there is one available for members to join, whether we need to set one up, etc :)

Not too much, just a little briefing like they all have.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I have updated the OP to remove the now concluded Fantasy World Cup ganes, Hopefully we'll see a few added back into that list when the Euros come around, as they have been a lot of fun to play during this tournament :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
The OP has again been updated to include instructions regarding how to join us for the new season of Fantasy Premier League :)

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”