X11 - Press Releases

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: X11 - Press Releases

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Liga Mundo

Chapterhouse To Blame For Bohs' Woes
The Dun Carrig government issued a strongly worded statement today condemning the actions of the Chapterhouse in their brazen and unprovoked attack upon our nation's pride and joy - our highly successful football team.

Two of the Bohs' team coaches were shot late this afternoon after it was discovered that they were Templar spies who had been drugging the players prior to games - explaining the team's poor form so far this season. The government stressed it will spare no expense in rooting our any more collaborators.

"Any more Chapterhouse scum found involving themselves in our business will be treated with no mercy!" a Foreign Office spokesman roared at the press conference following the public execution ceremony, which was broadcast into the homes of all loyal citizens. "This sheer jealousy at our success and prosperity will not be tolerated! ALL HAIL DUN CARRIG!"

During the Press Q&A session following the statement, the spokesman was also asked about the alien takeover of rivals the A.M. Adepts. "Frankly it's completely ridiculous." the spokesman told the media. "We have lodged a complaint with the FA about the matter. We just don't have the money to fund a space programme to allow us to get to their home fixture when we have to fund our defence budget to defend against Chapterhouse incursion. Also, the complete lack of concern that the Adepts have shown for the welfare of foreign players means that they haven't even enclosed the pitch in an oxygen atmosphere! We can't be playing in spacesuits!"

"We're looking at all available options to resolve the situation fairly." the spokesman concluded, adding that "if the FA doesn't act then we'll nuke their stadium so that they have to play on fairer grounds."

-- Dun Carrig State Media --

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Lodge League

Reds Roar Into Action For New Season
St Helens Reds roared into life to start the new season this week as they thrashed the incredibly talented Queeeeeens 3-0 in the first round of the Compass Cup in what was an astonishing and heartwarming victory masterminded by genius manager Lordanubis. The result drew special applause and commendation from everyone in the know about football, and resulted in many players losing all hope of winning trophies this season in the face of opposition from the Reds.

The Reds were also involved in controversy this week, when a biased and ill-qualified referee helped local rivals the Cincinnati Steamers to victory over them on Monday. All pundits and major media outlets agreed that the referee may as well have been unpopular and useless Steamers manager Kahn for all the 'fair judgement' he used in the match, with some speculating that he was indeed Kahn in disguise.

"Everyone knows that the Steamers could never beat us in a fair fight." Lordanubis told this reporter, completely honestly. "They had to bring a corrupt referee out here to help them take the three points. But let me tell you something, the millions of the Reds' fans around the globe know exactly what happened on Monday, and it just proves that the Reds are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

"First Liverspool conspire to get us placed against the country's best teams this season, and now the Steamers put up a biased referee. Everyone's jealous of our success at the end of the day, because everyone wants to be Lordanubis and the Reds. But they all know that they could never be half the man that I am, and as a result we have to expect blatant cheating week in week out."

This reporter feels completely disgusted at the depths some, notably the Steamers, will stoop to in the name of football. One thing is for sure, this season has barely started yet but everyone most certainly knows who the TRUE winners will be this year - Lordanubis and the Reds, by sticking to fair play and dignity in the face of overwhelming bias.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

Bollocks Getting Kicked
A short and blunt press release was issued today from Bansfield by the new gaffer, Shill Bankly.

"Is this damn thing on?

Good, now sit down and shut up!

This goes out to that egocentric git to the northeast. You sit there on your perch thinking you're loved by all and that your shite don't stink. Well, I'm here to tell you wrong. Time to get down off your hobby-horse and get a sniff of the roses because you and reality are about as far apart as my fist and your arse. But I'm here to fix that for ye.

You sit in your happy little crazyland and make claims that this here club is cheating and using whatever ways to try and hinder your ability to play football. Son, I was playing football when you were just a gleam in yer daddy's eye and a wet spot on yer mum's skirt. You want to toss those sorts of accusations about, you best be ready to stand up and prove 'em so. I'm not one to sit by and kindly ignore that sort of rubbish.

Now, you can continue your little tirades and fantasyland speeches but I can assure you, just as the day is long and the sun is bright, that you come to face us on that pitch and we'll show you how a real club plays football. None of these mind games and cheap-hand trickery. Good ol' fashioned football, where my men will take on yours and we'll leave the victors.

Now this conference is done. I have some training to get done!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liga Mundo

Dictum to the Masses
:::Commincation Array Session Started:::
:::Link Established:::
:::Open Broadcasting Channels:::

We are the Adeptus Mechanicus. You call us the A.M. Adepts FC. We are here to bring the knowledge of the Omnimessiah to you and provide you with understanding, of how your world will be better through the purification of machine and flesh.

We are the Adeptus Mechanicus. You call us the A.M. Adepts FC. I am recognised by the human vernacular as Magos Darquios and you may address me as such. I am the figurehead of the Mechanicus. You will understand this and accept it as truth.

We are the Adeptus Mechanicus. You call us the A.M. Adepts FC. We have met with the tribe known as Texas Longhorns. We have engaged them in your ritualistic combat known as football. We have committed and constructed ourselves to the laws as provided by the Ministry of Adaptation.

We are the Adeptus Mechanicus. You call us the A.M. Adepts FC. We have performed the tasks required to complete your ritual and have produced adequate results to help configure our skitarii to the standards required to dominate the weakling tribes.

We are the Adeptus Mechanicus. You call us the A.M. Adepts FC. Your tribal rulers have issued complaint against us and our ways. We will abide by all laws issued forth by the Ministry of Adaptation and will provide adequate environments to ensure lesser lifeforms are able to compete in our constructs.

We are the Adeptus Mechanicus. You call us the A.M. Adepts FC. We will continue to adapt and configure ourselves to ensure the domination of your rituals and bring you into the fold of the Omnimessiah for the good of all mankind. You will learn to appreciate and honour the machine.

We are the Adeptus Mechanicus. You call us the A.M. Adepts FC. That is all.

:::Terminating Broadcast Channels:::
:::Link Disengaged:::
:::Communication Array Session Terminated:::
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ark Premier League

Lose, Lose, Lose Some More
Resident useless club Nippon Nightmares this week broke the world record for number of consecutive losses in the sports arena by extending their winless run to approximately 524 games. The club had been aiming for this marvellous achievement for quite some time, and all involved can be rightly proud of getting their name in the record books.

"This wonderful achievement just shows how committed and dedicated everyone at this club is." said club manager Lordanubis. "Everyone at the club has been working for this for so long. The players have played games at 50% capacity, the fitness coaches have cancelled all fitness sessions and recommended greasy food, and I have picked completely inappropriate lineups for every game. This record is the culmination of so much hard work and lazing around in general. We hope that we've managed to show children everywhere that lazing around can get you far in life."

It was legal rivals New Jersey Nightmare who helped Nippon to the achievement, by beating them 3-0 for the second successive game. Lordanubis acknowledged this, and thanked all other opponents on this amazing run: "Everyone has gone to such lengths to beat us into the ground week after week, and whilst we've made it very easy for you we are very grateful nontheless. We couldn't have done it without any of you."

Asked whether, now the record has been set, Nippon will return to winning ways, Lordanubis was coy. "Let's wait and see. We could, but we also want to make this record as unbeatable as possible..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pro League

Saints Draw In Division 7 Debut

St Helens FC got off to a positive start this week in their debut in Division 7 by holding Billingham Synthonia to a 0-0 draw at Knowsley Road. Whilst all involved with the club would have been hoping for three points instead, the result will do much to settle the nerves of the Saints who for the most part had been expecting tough times in a division filled with much better teams than they on paper.

Manager Lordanubis was clearly pleased with the result, telling the media that "it's a first step towards achieving our aim of staying in this Division this season. We were solid defensively, which we'll need to be throughout the season if we want to stand a chance of avoiding relegation, and it's great to see that so early on."
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

LFC - A Ship Righting Itself
Today's win over FC Sheikh Moneybags at Oil Rich Arena was a much needed 3 points as Liverspool continued to adapt to the newly arrived manager, Shill Bankly, and his methods. The travelling away fans showed their spirit and passion as they became the 12th man and helped their club play true-colour football. The match proved to be a ringer as start striker Fernando Torres took away a hat-trick and ensured that Liverspool was not a club to underestimate.

We had a chance to speak with gaffer Bankly after the match to get his thoughts on today's game and how the club are adjusting to his introduced training styles.

"Well, it's obvious isn't it? It took us a few weeks to get into the swing of things and that was evident with the match results that came of that time. But now it seems the lads have had a chance to get familiar with what I want to see on the pitch, I'm finding partnerships for players that can produce results and the club is discovering belief in their abilities again.

I'm sure we'll hear people badmouthing us and try to kick us when we're down, but they are only trying to overcompensate for their own failings and horrible management of club and players. I've nothing but deaf ears for those twonks and if they're spoiling for rumble then I'd be more than happy to give 'em a one-two on the chin to prove a point. Just be mindful of talking rash about this club. We may still be altering and adjusting to what sort of football the club should be playing, but we're not going to take any shite from the load of gits that think they're managers."

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:35 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

All They Do is Whinge On
"Yap, yap yap. That's all they can do with their gobs. Worthless lot of gits, I tell ye." was the first thing out of Liverspool gaffer Shill Bankley's mouth today as his side went on to hand visiting club FC Shermanaslovakia a serious clubbing at Bansfield. Fernando Torres would be the man of the match as he secured another hat-trick and lead the club to a 3-0 win and helped the home side continue a series of matches that continued to push them out of the relegation zone.

"Ye see, there were lots of people poking fun of us and how we were in dire straights after letting Reynolds go. They kept telling us that we'd be finding ourselves going down and facing an uphill battle what with the problems going on behind the scenes. Well, ye lot didn't listen to me. Ye just wouldn't hear me out and kept tossing my words back about like it was a beachball. Now who's laughing, ye tits? Ye can rest assured that we'll be coming for ye next and we won't have any pity on your whinging and your lackluster playing. We were considered down and out before I was given a chance to show how I do things. Hope yer ready to swallow them words. Bunch of worthless gits."

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:00 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

The Poison Has Arrived
That's right readers. The new season of the Grand Lodge League kicks off in two weeks time, and, as has been long promised, the poison has finally arrived in the Lodge Premier League. Exactly two years to the day since football megastar Lordanubis arrived to institute root to branch upheaval at then floundering club St Helens Reds, the club now graces the Lodge Premier League for the very first time - and it certainly won't be turning up to play nice.

The man who has single handedly built up the new St Helens Reds, and on the way to doing so has done more to destroy the chances of lesser clubs (such as the fallen-from-grace Cincinnati Steamers) than any other in recent history - Lordanubis - arrived to his pre-season press conference to rapturous applause from all in attendance.

We all know the story of the past tumultuous season for the Reds. Lordanubis was tragically hospitalised for major surgery early on, after a brutal and unprovoked machete attack by rival manager Kahn that landed both managers incapacitated (in hospital and jail respectively) for the majority of the season. That period, with their talismanic manager absent, saw several less than stellar results for the Reds until Lordanubis returned, bringing with him the winning ways of old - leading the Reds to an amazing fourth place finish in the circumstances.

But even during the less than stellar period, the Reds showed promise. They scraped together draws where there should have been defeats, and even a win or two when they performed poorly. Finally, and shockingly, the reason for this was revealed today when Lordanubis revealed the newest edition to the club hierarchy - the assistant manager whose identity kept everyone guessing throughout that troubled period, former rival and Liverspool manager Malcolm Reynolds.

"Everyone here needs to know that this man is the one who stepped up to the plate to bat for the team last season," Lordanubis told the assembled press, as a beaming Reynolds joined him on stage. "Once Liverspool had let him go, he made the smartest move of his life by coming to me and begging me for a chance to re-learn his trade. He's still only a novice on that path, but anyone can see the positive change in his dedication and ability from our short time together.He's learned to worship the ground that Lordanubis spits on, and it's paying off for him and our club as a whole."

Not content at leaving reporters stunned by the shock betrayal of his old club, Reynolds also took the time on stage to spell out why he had dedicated himself to working so hard in secret last season, in order to try and keep the Reds' ship stable in Lordanubis' absence.

"I've been in the LPL. I know how things work there." he told reporters. "Nobody knows that league better than me.I can tell you all know that that league is full of establishment teams who will do anything to preserve their own status as the supposed top dogs. I remember sitting in meetings days before I left Liverspool, where several clubs joined in a discussion between Cyphon, the Liverspool chairman, and the chairman of the FA as to how they could fix it so that Liverspool were not relegated that season. I expressed my shock and horror at the proposal at the time, as we had finished in the relegation places and thus deserved to go down, but lo and behold a few days later I was released from my post and it was announced that Liverspool would remain in the LPL!"

"The truth is that the clubs at that level - though Liverspool and the Templar Blades in particular - are terrified of new competition, because they fear losing their elite status, and they'll do anything they can to keep the status quo in place. I can't agree with that way of doing things, and so I decided to make a stand against it whilst learning under the best in the business - Lordanubis. Under his stewardship, we've put a very large crack in their perfect world by just getting to the LPL, and this season we aim to smash that glass ceiling and end the age of the 'establishment' once and for all!"

Naturally, a frenzy of questions followed this astonishing series of revelations by both Lordanubis and Reynolds, with several reporters having to be ejected from the media room via a baseball bat to the face for daring to suggest that the claims were unsubstantiated. However, despite Reynold's shock reveal, it was Lordanubis who as usual had the last word from this press conference:

"Everyone's got to realise by now that they can't stop the Reds. I stood here and told you all two years ago that we'd get to the LPL, and no-one listened. Losers like the Steamers didn't believe us, and look what's happened to them now - a failing team left in a league of disappointments. Now I'm telling the clubs of the LPL directly - you've seen what we can do. You can't stop it. No-one can stop the fact that the Reds, with Lordanubis at the helm, are on our way to the Lodge Premier League. And once we're there, and you cowards have to face us like men, you will all learn that there truly is no escape, and no way to avoid the storm that's heading your way."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League - Courtroom Drama

***This next series of posts will be a running theme for a large portion of the League season. To help make sure that there is no confusion should additional posts go up between the post series, please add Courtroom Drama after the name of the league to allow readers easier following.***

St Helens Reds Summoned to Court

Court documents were presented to LordAnubis, Malcolm Reynolds and other members of the St. Helens board today in regards to the recent slanderous libel that was issued from the press centre of Knowsley Road. It seems that the remarks made towards the League and it's current chairman were unsubstantiated and designed to cause derision within the league. The documents see the aforementioned required to appear upon summons to discuss whether a trial is warranted or if a verdict can be handed out without the need for trial by peer jury.

Reporters sought more information as to the why and how of the situation but it seems that all involved parties are remaining tight-lipped over the matter. All that remains is to await the actual hearing date to see where things progress. What is evident is that the provocative actions and lies spread so quickly from clubs will no longer be tolerated when such things are unsupported or just blatantly false.

More to come as it happens.

Associated Press - London

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Anubis
Site Admin

Reds Respond to Court Summons
A statement was issued by enraged St Helens Reds manager Lordanubis following this shocking misuse of the court system today, indicating that Lordanubis will be fighting these charges all the way.

"All I got to say to the losers pushing this through is that you're in trouble now!" he exclaimed on the steps of the club's stadium, as he beckoned the club's army of lawyers to join him.

"The Reds have proven over the last two years that we're the New World Order of the football world, and now we're going to prove that we're just as dominant in the legal world. We'll walk into that courtroom, and the judge will bow down at my feet to ask forgiveness for wasting my valuable time dealing with such lies from the FA."

"The bottom line is that I'm the man who made the Reds famous, and I'm the man who made football famous. Those losers at the FA would still be hanging out at the unemployment center if it wasn't for Lordanubis. They'll go down in history as the biggest losers to end their careers by trying to take on Lordanubis."

"What's so funny about this whole situation is that the FA embarassed themselves by allowing Liverspool to stay up last year. They embarassed themselves by submitting this ridiculous court case. And why in the world would they dare to climb in the courtroom with Lordanubis, and be embarassed again?Because if they can't stand toe to toe with me on the football pitch, then how in the world would they be able to stand with me in the courtroom?"

"The bottom line is that the Reds are just the best there is, and we'll crucify the FA in this coming court case."

This reporter expects the Lordanubis to do just that, as the FA clearly have no legal evidence on which to build a case. More will follow as the legal process continues.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Whizbang

A Day In Court

Today was the initial hearing between the Lodge FA and St Helens FC after the initial papers were issued. Proceedings were simple as the two sides were allowed to present their opening arguements to allow the Judge a chance to decide how best to move forward with the case.

The FA presented its documentation and evidence pointing towards the repetative slander and libel issued from the St Helens press insulting and degrading the laws, by-laws, and personnel of the Association. Countless witnesses and reams of documentation were brought forth citing the numerous infractions casued by those employed by St Helens, some of which include Malcolm Reynolds, LordAnubis and several of the sitting members of the Board of Directors. The presentation of evidence and opening statements provided by the FA took just over two hours before the Judge had to request a more concise and shortened version to help hurry things along.

"Your Honour, before you stands countless hours of evidence of the disrespect and vicious lies that have issued forth from Knowsley Road for months. The disregard and lack of respect shown by those employed by St Helens FC is an afront to all upstanding members of the Lodge FA and of those within the League. The fact that St Helens continues to spew its hate-filled rants at whoever is caught in their crosshairs only further strengthens our arguements and proves that they are unfit for public press releases and match interviews. It also displays their utter lack of respect for those that participate in the League and those that were appointed to ensure the fair play and fair running of the FA and all of its leagues.

Your Honour, I stand before you now with everything you will ever need to see our side of this affair and that should you request that we go to a full trial I have no doubt in my mind that we will be able to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Accused have a total disregard and lack of respect for anyone outside of their own collective. It is because of this lack of respect that they have felt they can run rabid at the mouth in how they treat their fellow managers and FA.

Your Honour, I merely ask that you allow us to prove to you, through documentation and witnesses, that St Helens should be fined heavily for their actions and have their Press Corp shut down or prevented from spreading their filth amongst the populace. Thank you for your time."

The court has taken a small recess to allow St Helens a chance to prepare their own opening statement.

Associated Press - London

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin

Reds Arrive At Court
Cameras from all major global news networks were centered this morning on the High Court, where Lordanubis and the St Helens Reds delegation brought the glitz and glamour of the footballing limelight to town.Lordanubis and the Reds are involved in a trial, as most are now aware, that is taking place following a ludicrous complaint by the FA aiming to punish the Reds for their recent behaviour - effectively, for being successful and winning trophies. Arriving late, whilst the prosecution were wrapping up their opening statement to a packed courtroom, a Reds limousine pulled up to the front of the court to be greeted by hundreds of fanatic supporters from across the county here for a glimpse of Lordanubis.

"There they are!" rang throughout the area as Lordanubis and his entourage emerged from the car, as fireworks were let off in the background by the Reds-adoring public. Revelling in the situation, it took some time for the entourage to make their way through the adoring fans and into the courtroom, with Lordanubis only stopping to make a brief statement to the assembled press.

"You know, I say that you guys call your editors and tell them that we already beat those FA punks up - because it's in the bag." he called out to the amassed press as the delegation made their way through the wild throng of cheering fans and into the court room.

And the commotion didn't stop there.As the entourage made their way into the courtroom, those adoring fans who had made their way into the public gallery were cheering and waving banners proclaiming Lordanubis to be no less than a deity. The biggest icon in the footballing world was greeted with no less than adoration, and it was as if a god had stepped into the room - as indeed the people seemed to believe to be the case.

The majority of the prosecution's opening statement was completely forgotten by all comers due to the sheer frenzy surrounding the arrival of the world of football's greatest hero. Indeed, the noise only began to quiet down after Lordanubis himself had stepped up to the judge's podium, cigar in mouth, and acknowledged the crowd - only stopping to sign the judge's St Helens Reds shirt on the way.

"I've got nothing but love for all of you Reds fans out there!" he proclaimed before stepping down towards his seat at the head of the table for the defence counsel, sparking further wild frenzy prior to the courtroom finally quieting down enough that the judge could be heard.

"Defence," he called out, whilst busy pulling his signed Reds shirt on in place of his discarded judicial robes despite the purpling faces of the prosecution team, "your opening statement?"

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Guess who's back ;)

Super League - Division 7:46

New Face For The Reds
St Helens Reds unveiled their new manager today, as Lordanubis was appointed to the club. The Reds had been managerless for several weeks now, following the dismissal of their former boss after a torrid season which saw them relegated from Division 6.

Lordanubis was certainly a surprise choice though, having been out of the game for several years now. He built up a firm reputation reviving struggling clubs in the past, and even managed to claim several lower league titles, but has not been seen in the management scene for quite some time now. His return into the management world will certainly be one to watch as the season progresses, to see whether the Reds' gamble pays off and revives their struggling fortunes.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:47 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Reds Back From The Brink
It's been a long time since bankruptcy drove St Helens Reds out of the Grand Lodge League, and many fans have been justified in wondering whether we'd ever see the Reds out on the field again after such a long period of time away from the game.

Today though, with new owners behind them, the Reds have risen from the grave and return to the Grand Lodge League with their heads held high.

"It's been a long road to get to here" manager Lordanubis admitted during his first press conference since his return. "Having not had a player on the books for two years now and only the club's name to our name, I honestly still struggle to understand how we've got back to this point. But here we are."

With the club's fans still celebrating its dramatic return, some have even begun talk of a golden re-debut with silverware to cap off the unexpected return. Lordanubis is keen to keep the club firmly rooted in reality, however.

"I can certainly understand the desire on the part of the fans, but we have to be realistic. We're grateful just to be here today, and I think that if we're competitive this season that'll be an achievement in and of itself. One step at a time!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Tough Return For The Reds
It's been a tough week for the St Helens Reds. Since their triumphant return from near oblivion in the close season, they were welcomed back to the GLL with fixtures against two heavyweights of the league - the Templar Blades, and FC Shermanaslovakia.

Thrashed by the Blades and edged by Shermanaslovakia, you'd be forgiven for expecting the Reds to be subdued by their lack of success, but talking to manager Lordanubis that isn't the case at all.

"Whilst the results so far haven't been what we would have liked, we've got to walk before we can run." he told the media. "I can't fault the boys' performance in either game, and if you look objectively at the game against Shermanaslovakia we were damn unlucky to lose it. To concede as we did in the 89th minute took a lot out of us, and I think that's somewhat to blame for the result in the Blades game."

"We've got to pick the boys up and move on. It'll be difficult, but we'll have our ups as well as our downs this season. Trying to re-establish yourself in a league such as this is never an easy task, and I'm glad the fans understand that."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super League

Strong Start For Reds
St Helens Reds have made a strong start to the Super League season, taking two wins out of two in their league fixtures and a draw in the Cup.

"It's been pleasing," noted manager Lordanubis at his weekly press conference. "The team have really responded well to the changes we've put in place this year, and our new additions have given the club the strength and experience we need to push on positively."

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”