X11 - Press Releases

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

X11 - Press Releases

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Whizbang
Press Releases are part and parcel of the ExpertEleven game and really adds depth to an otherwise standard management game. So what I thought is that since many of us participate in several different leagues we could post up our press releases here for others to enjoy. I know that we all have our own style and flair and I personally enjoy reading what others read, and I would hope you all feel the same. So let's use this as a place to post up our press releases for others to enjoy. I only ask one thing:

At the beginning of the post you state which league the PR comes from. This helps us keep track of your season's exploits. :thumb:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: XI - Press Releases

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Whizbang
Ark Premier League

Changes To Forward a Club
Puerto de Cerveza, Marbella, Spain

All of Marbella was in a ferver today as it was announced that Azteca United, now known as Estrella Damm FC, would declare its new home in the port city. The new colours of the club were unfurled today at a press conference held by the club's new owners and its new manager, Guillermo Del L11iz.

Del L11iz is no stranger to Spanish f11tbol having made a name for himself in the region as gaffer for 11lora FC, bringing them up through the ranks and achieving the title of the Primera de la Liga before being offered a place as manager of Atl11tico Logro11o where he won two consecutive titles in the Super Liga de F11tbol in his four years there.

Upon hearing of an offer from the newest owners of Estrella Damm FC, Del L11iz happily accepted the challenge and welcomed a change of pace to try his hand at the Ark Premier League. It has been conveyed that he has much work to do and that he doesn't wish to meet with the press at this time due to his recent move and his need to look over his newest charges and see what needs to be done. He has assured the press that once he has had ample time to assess the situation and come up with a plan he would meet and give more insight into his goals and plans for the rest of the season and the concurrent ones.

Associated Press-Sevilla

A Long Road Ahead
--Parque Paco Cantos
--Estrella Damm Training Grounds

Estrella Damm's new manager, Guillermo Del L11iz, invited the press today to meet with him so that he could take some time explaining his decision to make the move to Marbella and manage the club. There was a bit of heightened excitement and anxiousness amongst reporters and club staff alike as they would learn just what was in store for the newly moved club.

"I would like to thank you all for coming out today and giving me an opportunity to talk about the club. As you all are aware, Azteca United was allowed to be run into the ground by the previous owners. Because of this, the club is in awful shape financially. The books are a mess and the available funds to work with are meager at best. I will be working diligently with the accountants and the banks to see what needs to be done to straighten our numbers and get the club into a position to be able to have a balance in the black.

As with the financial matters, the squad matters are in as much disarray. Players are out of shape, injured, and lacking a solid core to build off of. As a result of these problems, I will be looking at trimming away players not up to my standards and looking to bring in fresh faces that will help lead this club to victories within the league. It may unsettle the squad for a while, but when they see what I am trying to achieve and the goals I have in mind, I believe they will unify under me and prepare themselves for whatever sacrifices need to be done to ensure their ability to win games and titles.

Let it be known now; if you don't want to play for this club, to give it your all, then there is the door. I don't want you here. I only want players interested in playing for Estrella Damm, not prima donnas. I don't have time for you or your ways. This isn't the old club nor are its ways the old ways. This is Estrella Damm FC. And we are going to do things my way so that you can produce the results we know you are capable of.

It is my goal, as manager of this club, to create a path that will lead to success. Only through hard work, effort, and a desire to cooperate will this club find itself turning the corner to get onto the road of winning. It won't be easy and there will be many sacrifices required. But I believe that this club has what it takes to rise to the challenge and push for what has been dreamed by many, a shot at the title.

Thank you for your time."

Associated Press - Sevilla

<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: XI - Press Releases

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Whizbang
GrandLodge League

The Possible Impossible
With yesterday's draw against Templar Blades, Liverspool FC finds themselves going into the last match of the season with current leaders Hull City three points ahead. What is required of Liverspool is the ability to prevent Hull from scoring any goals while putting up five of their own to change the goal difference in their favour. The question on everyone's mind is "Can Liverspool do it?"

While Liverspool have had a strong run through their season, it was their run of matches against the Argonauts and Drunken Ladyboys that proved a stumbling block for the club and allowed Hull to take over top of the table. At that point Liverspool was forced to play aggressive football to try and reduce the gap in points.

That gap shrunk to a one point difference when Hull City saw a horrible display against Ladyboys while Liverspool was able to take a win away from Rangers. But that gap would be short lived as Hull fought off an ever pressing Golden Knights to take the win while Liverspool was forced to settle for a draw against Templar Blades, who had set up an heavily defensive formation to try and stop Liverspool's chances at a title this season.

Liverspool now travels to K.C. Stadium with the hopes of their supporters on their shoulders. Liverspool have faced incredible odds this season and have risen above the odds to produce fantastic wins in fabulous matches. Can LFC rise to this occassion and take back home a win and a title?

<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: X11 - Press Releases

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League - These two Press Releases were featured in the Xpert Daily. Quite proud of that considering they were the first two I ever did :) Unfortunately, the third broke my chain

New Era For Team Revolution
With a dismal season all but cemeted within the record books, the Board of Directors at Team Revolution today announced the appointment of Lordanubis as the team's new manager effective immediately. Both Lordanubis and the Club Chairman were keen to stress that this heralded a the dawn of a new era for the club, but that the new managerial appointment would not be a quick fix.

"Of course not," answered Lordanubis when quizzed on the subject, "it will obviously take time to not only turn the team around, but also build for the future. Rome wasn't built in a day."

He also gave insight into his plans for the future by stressing the importance of youth. "Whilst experience is important in the game of football, that experience should be used to strengthen and complement a team's developing players. One of the most immediate problems that we will need to tackle here is the fact that our youth is all but non-existant. Our squad is aging, and we have few replacements available. That is something we will be working towards rectifying at the end of the season."

Asked for his aims for the end of the season, Lordanubis downplayed expectations. "I think with only two games left we have to be realistic here. Obviously we'll be aiming to claw our way off the bottom of the table, but I think at this point it's more important that I get to know the players and start laying the foundations for next season."

The chairman of the Board of Directors echoed these thoughts, telling journalists that Lordanubis' appointment was with a view to the long term, and that the Board "would not be looking critically at the final two results of the season".

Finally, the chairman also took the opportunity to announce a rebranding of the club for next season, following the move to the newly built Knowsley Road stadium in the last few days, "Obviously we have a great stadium now, and it's important that we overhaul the structure and shape of the club to fit with our new surroundings. Further announcements in this regard will be made in the off season, as and when arrangements are finalised."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Winning Start For Lordanubis
Recently appointed manager of Team Revolution, Lordanubis, was treated to the perfect initiation today when his struggling side overturned mid-table Camden Town. Team Revolution showed great character in the game, taking the lead in the middle of the first half, and managing to grind out a win by scoring in the closing moments after Camden had earlier equalised.

Lordanubis praised this resiliency in his post-match interview, commenting "It was certainly a great effort by the lads. We played confidently throughout and dominated possession, yet even with minutes to go with the scores level they didn't give up and kept pushing for that winner. It certainly showed the determination and grit the players have, and if we can carry that same grit through next week and into next season I can't see any reason why we can't push higher up the Division Table."

Regarding Frazer Cresswell, who was injured during the match, Lordanubis played down concerns. "Taking Frazer off was just a precaution.He tweaked something and obviously in that situation it's better to bring the player off rather than risk him doing further damage. The initial assessment is that it's a minor thing and he should be back in time for the next game."

When asked for his recipe for turning a team around in one game, he laughed."Lets not get carried away just yet." he said, "There's still a long way to go and one performance does not mean the manager is the next messiah. This performance reflects more on the lads than it does me. It shows that they're willing to fight for the club and their places, and also that they're willing to listen to new ideas and tactics. Less of the credit needs to go to me, and more to them."

Finally, asked about the next game against league leaders West Pilton Galaxy, the reply was upbeat. "Well you only have to look to see that they've only lost one game this season, so it'll be a tough one for us. But if my players can go out there and perform as they did today we have a chance. Nothing is for certain in this game, and effort can make all the difference on the day. We'll go out there and give it our all, and see what comes from that."
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Team Revolution End Season On A High
Team Revolution ended the season on a high today by cruising to a 3-0 win over league leaders West Pilton Galaxy. A strong first half performance, at the end of which they lead 2-0, handed Revolution the deserved win against a Galaxy team sporting several changes since their last league game. Angelo Pacheco in particular shone, scoring one and creating both of the team's other goals. The win leaves Revolution finishing finishing sixth in the Division Table and just one point off fifth - a position that would have seemed impossible only a few weeks ago.

After the game, manager Lordanubis started his interview by praising the opposition. "First, before we get into today's game I'd like to congratulate West Pilton Galaxy on their title win and promotion. If you look at their record this season there can be no doubting that they deserved it, and although I'm sure their fans will be disappointed they didn't see out the season with a win today they have much to be proud of as a club. I'd like to wish them all the best for next season."

Then moving onto the game itself, praise was quickly directed onto his players: "I think that if you look at this team just a few weeks ago many people - including our own fans - had completely written us off. The fact that these players have been able to come out and win these last two games convincingly reflects so well on them and the club. If you look at their performance today you have to question why we aren't further up the table. The lads have given it their all - they looked so sharp and committed today - and I'm confident that having seen them at their best like this we'll be able to build upon our sixth place finish next season."

Questioned specifically on how he felt about their sixth place finish, he responded positively: "I'm pleased, definately pleased. The aim for these last two games after my appointment was simply to get to know the players, and hopefully get us off the bottom of the table into seventh. We've exceeded both of those goals, and I think that has to be seen as a real achievement for the team."

With the end of the season upon us, the final questions of the interview inevitably turned towards transfer activity, and the rebranding of the club mentioned by the chairman of the board several weeks ago. "I can confirm that the rebranding mentioned by the chairman is still in the works." he told reporters. "I know there have been a lot of meetings over the last few days to try and nail things down. I haven't been involved in those meetings myself - my focus has been on the team and producing a strong finish to the season. You'd have to ask the chairman for more details, or wait for an official announcement."

"Regarding transfer policy," he continued, "it's pretty simple from my point of view. I mentioned in my first press conference that we have a problem with age in the team. We need to bring in some youth to build for the future, and that will be the focus of my transfer policy. I'll be looking to bring in three, maybe four young players to fill holes in my squad. That way we'll be able to start developing some young talent next season, and we'll have the full 20 man squad we'll need to be pushing up the table and making the progress that I'm sure we can."
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Team Revolution Rebranding Announced
At an official Press Conference this morning, the Chairman of the Board at the team previously known as Team Revolution announced that a deal had been penned to rebrand the club as St Helens FC. Since first mentioned a few weeks ago, shortly after the club moved into their newly built Knowsley Road stadium, speculation has mounted over what the club rebranding would entail and what it would be rebranded as.

"We're very proud to announce this deal today," said the Chairman, "It heralds a renewed partnership with not only the local Council, but also a brand new set of sponsors for the new season. These last few months we've seen a lot of change at the club - including the arrival of our new manager, and the move to our state of the art Knowsley Road stadium - and I'm proud to be here today bringing that re-organisational period to a close by announcing the birth of St Helens FC."

Questioned on the reasoning behind the name change, he replied "Well we just feel that it's time for a fresh start for the club. As you all know, the club moved a long way, physically, with the stadium move, and it's important to reflect the fact that this is a new beginning here in St Helens. Yes we have a long history, and much tradition - and that hasn't changed. But the fact is that we're a different club now than we were a year ago. The location, the personnel, the partnerships - they've all changed. The club as a whole needs to change to reflect that in order for us to move forward."

The Chairman refused to comment on any ongoing transfer speculation, insisting that funds were available and targets were the manager's business. When pressed however, he did admit that it was "very likely" that new blood would indeed be arriving at the club. He told reporters he felt that this was "quite fitting" that this influx of new blood would be occurring alongside the club rebranding.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Whizbang
Ark Premier League

The Changing Winds
There has been much rejoicing at Marbella and the Puerto de Cerveza since the change of ownership and management as Estrella Damm FC have gone on to win back to back matches at home. First was the league match against the Prairies Raiders in which EDFC won 3-2, then was their strategic 2-0 win over the Raiders again in the Cup of Redemption quarter finals. Hopes have been high and spirits soaring as the supporters believe that this could be the start of something beautiful for them.

We were able to get a few quick minutes with the EDFC gaffer, Guillermo Del L11iz, and asked him his thoughts over the recent performances.

"I think that what we've done so far has been a good showing of the faith the club and its players have put in me and themselves, but we still have a long ways to go. There is still much work to be done and I don't want people to think that this short succession of wins is going to be something to expect every week. Our matches against the Raiders weren't easy and we had some luck on our side with the league win. We don't expect anyone to give us kindness through what is left of the season."

While EDFC manager Del L11iz feels that there is much work to do, the fans are delighted in the recent results and are anxious to see what further development will produce.

Espanya Times -- Marbella

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:06 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League (made the Xpert Daily)

Inter-Season Activity at St Helens FC
It has been a busy period for St Helens FC since the Pro League's season finished last week. Alongside the publicised rebranding, the club has seen major activity in the transfer market and a pre-season Friendly take place in this short time span. At the Unveiling Ceremony for the new players today, the club's manager Lordanubis spoke to the press about this frantic level of activity.

"It's been a bit hectic, I can't deny that." said the manager, "But the most important thing is that it's been worth it. We've got in the people we wanted, put the club on the path to the future with the rebranding, and given the lads a chance to begin settling together before the new season begins. We actually had another friendly pencilled in for this Thursday before the fixture list came out, which we've obviously had to call off now. So despite this mass of activity we've unfortunately got less done than we wanted to in the period."

Speaking specifically about his new signings, Lordanubis explained his reasoning behind them. "What you can see here is five young, talented lads who we'll be working to develop for the club's future. They may take some time to bed in, and both I and the Chairman are aware that we'll likely be going through a transitional phase this season where we begin to establish these new faces in the team and let them develop. But ultimately you have to do what's right for the club in the long term - and that would be the building of a strong, young team with an eye to the long term."

He also took time to praise outgoing players, of which the club has seen several. "Each of the players we've let go have served the club well, and I'd like to thank them for that service" he said. "I'd like to wish them all the best wherever they may end up, and I'm sure that we'll be hearing good things about them in future. Hopefully they'll come and cheer us on when they get the opportunity too!"

Finally, asked about yesterday's Pre-Season Friendly in which the team drew 1-1 with NK Dons, Lordanubis was upbeat. "We tried a new system in that game, to experiment with fitting the new players into the team. The Dons are a strong team, and we're pleased with how it worked out - the result was not at all important to us in that game. Our aim was originally to experiment further in our next friendly, but with the Cup Game on Thursday forcing its cancellation, we'll temper that a bit. You'll probably see a somewhat more familiar shape from us come Thursday as we push for the win to bring back to Knowsley Road for the second leg."

St Helens FC are due to travel away to Club Brugge in the first round of the Cup on Thursday - this will be their first game of the new season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

All Change For The Reds
Newly established St Helens Reds, having sprung up from the ashes of recently liquidated Crazy Canucks, have today appointed a new manager and begun work to try and get their squad together for the new season. Lordanubis, who spent the close of last season as the Canucks' interim boss,has been elevated to the full time role after managing to drag them off the bottom of the table last season despite being 8 points adrift with only four games to go.

"Neither myself, nor anyone associated with the Canucks were expecting to be in this position this season. When the administrators were called in, we all thought that was it. The local consortium that have stepped in to save the club have been a lifesaver for everyone here - look at what happened to Marauders after all!"

Despite this display of gratitude, Lordanubis was not so upbeat about the team's current situation. "We're in bad shape certainly." he admitted, "There is little money available since so much was funnelled into paying off the debt, so we're having to try and make the most of it. Large investment would have been ideal, but we'll make do. We have our eye on a couple of new faces that we'd like to bring in this year, but for the most part we'll be looking to work with the existing team. Hopefully by the end of the season the club's financial situation will have improved and we'll have more money available for investment."

The Reds have a friendly penned in against Liverspool FC this Thursday, in which they are expected to be soundly beaten. "It's not about the score", said Lordanubis when the subject was raised, "It's more about our first experience as a new team, and experimentation ahead of the cup game next week."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Whizbang
GrandLodge League

LFC Complete Summer Signing
Liverspool completed their signing of young midfielder Iustin Surdu today from non-league club
Bangs-n-Mash United. LFC manager Malcolm Reynolds had been keeping his eye on the youth during the last half of the season and had been in talks with the B-n-M owners for some time trying to sort out a reasonable agreement that both sides could get behind. That target was reached through the 111.3m plus incentives deal that was solidfied over the weekend.

Reynolds unveiled his newest signing today at Bansfield to the local community and the press and had a few things to say:

"Today's a great day as Liverspool adds to its talent pool the likes of Iustin Surdu. While only 17 and a few months, this young lad has shown remarkable skill on the pitch, not only showing his speed against the opposing squads but his ariel prowess and ability to put headers into the goal. Surdu is also quite the free kick taker and could well be the go-to man when it comes time to handle set pieces of that sort.

We are quite proud to have him wearing our badge and our colours and hope that he is able to be productive on and off the pitch and that he will find himself at home amongst the rest of the Livers."

When asked if Malcolm was done with the transfer market before the start of the season, he mentioned that if had the time and funds that he would try to secure one more player before start of the season but feels that he might have to work the market a bit later into the season once he's had a chance to settle his players into their positions and watch for areas that need more depth.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Whizbang
Ark Premier League

Another Win to Bolster EDFC
Estrella Damm continued their winning ways when they travelled to the Aquadome on Sunday to take on Tritonia Tides. Nothing could have been more spectacular for the visitors as they completed the first half 2-0 from set pieces and penalties. While the visiting Spaniards took two goals into the half, they also took an injury as well when Brendan Anderson awkwardly fell during a save that would see him brought off the pitch and replaced by Tib11rcio Lencastre. But Estrella Damm wouldn't be set off of their objective.

The second half would see the home side come to life with a penalty awarded to the Tides who would slot one past the EDFC keeper and keep their hopes alive of getting back into the match and making up the 1 goal difference. But it wasn't to be the Tides' day.

Over the span of 9' Julian Minto would become the centrepiece of the three goals produced by an ever hungry visiting squad. EDFC was given a corner which saw Minto send the ball into the box where J11rg Gr11tz was left unmarked and sent a header into the far corner. Three minutes later Minto would orchestrate a cross from 16 yards out that found a waiting Abraham Tate ready to head it in past the lunging Tritonia keeper Toby Gorski to put them up 4-1. 6 minutes later Julian Minto would take a free kick that found the back of the net without much defending effort from the home side.

The final whistle was all to merciful in ending what was a powerful display provided by a squad that had new life breathed into them through the change in ownership and management. Many pundits have began to pay more attention to the new Estrella Damm club and have said that they are the squad to watch through the rest of the season.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Reds Shock Liverspool In Friendly Win
St Helens Reds scored a major upset today when they beat Premier League club Liverspool FC 4-3 in a Friendly at Knowsley Road. The Reds dominated the first half of the game, coming in 3-0 up at half time, before managing to hold their own in face of a stern fightback from Liverspool in the second half. Whilst the game counted for neither points nor trophies, it will have provided an invaluable confidence boost to the Reds who finished last season second from bottom of the lowest division in the league, whereas Liverspool only lost out on the Premier League title on goal difference.

"Whilst it's important to note that Liverspool did not play their first eleven for this game, for us to be able to overturn a club of their stature is a magnificent achievement." commented manager Lordanubis after the game.

"It gives the players a real belief when they see that we are good enough, and that we can stand toe to toe with the giants so far above us. It certainly focuses that dream of taking this club to the top flight that bit more. Hopefully we'll be able to build on this achievement as the season gets underway next week."

The Reds, formerly the Crazy Canucks, have won all of their games since Lordanubis arrived at the club in the closing stages of last season. They travel to the Xpert Arena on Monday to meet Rangers in the Compass Cup where, despite today's result, they remain massive underdogs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Whizbang
GrandLodge League

In response to Anubis' PR above:

Liverspool gaffer Malcolm Reynolds met with the press briefly to speak about the friendly with St. Helens Reds:

"While we took away a loss from today's match with the Reds we took away some good information and insight into the squad for the upcoming season. We have a few new signings and are being mindful of their fitness and teamwork before playing the Compass Cup match on Monday. I have no worry over their ability to play. I'm merely watching to see who my starters are to be for this new season."

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Cup Joy For St Helens FC
The season got off to a flying start today for St Helens FC when they romped home to a 4-1 away win at Club Brugge in the Cup. Brugge, who led 1-0 at half time and dominated possession throughout the game, paid the price for letting their focus drop at half time - when St Helens FC came out after a rousing team talk from the manager they did what Brugge could not by making their chances count. The day got worse for Brugge too in the 87th minute, when their Captain was shown a straight red card which will rule him out of the return leg in a week's time - potentially a heavy blow to them.

"It's exactly the start we wanted," commented manager Lordanubis after the game, "We've shown today that the draw in the Friendly the other day didn't affect us - that we're capable of coming out and putting in top notch performances when it matters. Club Brugge are by no means a pushover, but particularly in the second half today we took our chances well and deserved the victory."

Asked about his team talk, which appeared to have turned the game around for the Saints, Lordanubis stated that it was encouragement that drove it. "Obviously we'd seen a few things going on in the first half that weren't quite right from our point of view, and we pointed those out to the lads. But most importantly we stressed that the game was far from over and they still had every chance at winning."

"If you look at the statistics, they don't do it justice really. Despite their dominating possession, aside from a slip early on that led to their goal, we stifled them offensively, and our only problem was getting forward a bit more to create the chances we needed. We knew that as soon as we started doing that, we'd be able to turn it around. And credit to the lads - they went out and did exactly that, and that in turn gave us the strong advantage we'll be taking back to Knowsley Road next week."

Finally, asked for his opinion on the sending off of Brugge's Captain late on, Lordanubis declined to comment. "I've not seen it, and until I do it's not my place to comment on refereeing decisions." he commented. "Generally I thought the officiating today was of a high standard, and that's credit to the ref and his team, but on that particular incident I really couldn't comment."

With this win now under their belts St Helens FC are due to kick off their league campaign on Monday when they take on Alianza Revolution away from home. They will certainly be aiming to continue this run of good form by starting the season off on a positive note.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Cyphon88
Lodge league

In response to Anubis's press release:

Manager Cyphon88 was asked for comment by Reuters. He responded with, 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA ha.'

Blades Bugger about in Pre-season.
The Templar Blades have been, well.... doing bugger all this pre-season.

There were talks after the end of last season to have a serious training camp pre-season and perhaps a friendly before the season started anew. This was scrapped when a local beer festival got snowed in the chapterhouse and.. well.... you can guess the rest of the story. Star striker Otto Cronan had to have two of his toes removed from frostbite after being staked out in a field overnight, wearing only a tea cosy, on his head.

Blades fans will hope this won't affect his output in this coming season. Manager Cyphon88 however, is doubtful over the prospects over this season, 'I won't deny it, we'll be in a dogfight this season, a scrappy scrappy battle to avoid relegation, we haven't got the squad to fully match other teams, and the beer festival soaked up all the clubs finances. We'll need a 12th man next season to get us through, I have made the relevant enquiries to the referees association to try and ensure this'.

The Blades will test their mettel in the first game of the season in the Compass Cup against last season's champions, Hull City FC. 'So much for a cup run' sighed Charles Kennedy, head of the Blades Fan's association.

Two Fist Prescott, reporting from the Chapterhouse for Pork Pie News.

Ark Premier League

Squeaky Bum time for Volunteers
The Volnation Volunteers skidded through by the skin of their pants to Finals of the Redemption Cup.

Pauli Barca dominated throughout the game scoring the second half to what seemed put them through to Pauli-Barca's first final under their new manager. However the manliest and dirtiest player in the Ark Premier League, Shearer, scored in the last second of the game to to the match through to extra time and ultimately penalities.

Then to the horror of the Pauli faithful it was their renowned Pasqual Mena pulled a Lampard and missed his penalty, damning the Barca team to loosing out on redemption this season. With the poor previous management, there will be little sunshine that can be brought to the club this season.

Porky Pig, reporting for the Whitehaven Courier

Liga Mundo

Forsworn Sack Samo
The Forsworn today dismantled Dinamo Samo 6-0 to continue to keep the pressure on AFC in the Tercera Liga.

It was the midfield that destroyed Samo, contributing four goals and 4 assists to the goalfest. Dinamo Samo literally has no idea what to do, and couldn't even muster up a shot from their own half. Forsworn fans ordered a lorry load of kleenex tissues to the away end before the end of the game, showing great compassion for Samo's bewildered fans.

The game came at great cost with a long term injury to Forsworn defender Quincy Jamieson, and severe form problems for the rest of the squad. The Forsworn faithful can only hope their team can continue their momentum towards the key games with AFC and RMI.

Pickya Nose, reporting from the Chapterhouse, for The Sol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Saints' Season Kicks Off In Style
St Helens FC kicked off their league season with a bang today as they beat Alianza Revolution 2-0 away from home to claim second place in the table. Whilst it's still extremely early days in the league with only one game having been played, Saints fans will take heart at the positive result ontop of their impressive win in the first leg of the Cup last week.

Goals by two of the youngsters brought into the team in the off-season decided the game, with more experienced players creating the opportunities. Manager Lordanubis was keen to stress this as the 'recipe for success' in his Press Conference following the game.

"It's great to see the youngsters working so hard and getting the rewards." he commented, "They've all been great during training - not only working hard but also taking advice from our older team members too. That's exactly what we were aiming for when we brought them to the club - that enthusiasm, work ethic and ability to translate onto the pitch. You can't win a league with only older players, just as you can't with only younger players. This mix where the younger players can bring their qualities, and the older players theirs, is the way to develop a strong team and a firm route forward for this club in the future."

Asked particularly about the contribution of his Captain, Gosta Collander, who has been instrumental on a week in week out basis lately for the Saints, Lordanubis was keen to point out his qualities. "He's a real leader Gosta. All the lads look up to him, and he's so effective at keeping everything organised on the pitch. And when you look at his skills, particularly his dead ball abilities, you can't help but appreciate them. He's got something special, that's for sure, and I couldn't think of a better man to lead this team out week in week out."

Finally, asked to comment on other results in the league Lordanubis remained optimistic but with a hint of concern. "I think the results show we've got a competitive league this year which is obviously a great thing for the fans, but I can't help but be concerned by seeing that 5-0 scoreline at Sporting Anston. Obviously I need to go and look at the tapes, but that result shows the team has some real quality and suggests that they may well be the team to beat this year. Fortunately we have a few weeks before we meet them, so we'll certainly be preparing for a tough fight if their results continue in the vein they have started in."

"We have to remember though that this is only one game." he added, "Results in this week may be flukes or unreflective of the overall picture. I think we need to give it a few weeks before we can accurately call who are the teams to watch." Finishing with a half-serious, half-jokey "Hopefully we'll be up there as contenders for promotion when those calls are able to be made."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Rangers Too Much For The Reds
St Helens Reds were knocked out of the Compass Cup today by a vastly superior Rangers team. Sitting two divisions above them in the league, Rangers had gone into the game as firm favourites and managed to live up to those expectations by cruising past a valiant but ultimately outmatched Reds team. The fact that they only conceded 3 goals and also managed to score one though is positive news for the club - as with the diffence in skill the result could have been much worse.

A resigned but vengeful manager turnedup at the Reds' post match Press Conference, immediately vowing revenge upon Rangers. "No-one beats us and gets away with it!" he exclaimed angrily. "They may have scored three past us but we sure showed them! Obviously we'd never deliberately try to injure players, but truth be told their keeper got what he deserved when we accidentally smashed his head against the post. I think the ref understood that - and that's why he didn't reach for his card, despite it being clear view if he had been looking in the correct direction."

Lordanubis also strongly denied allegations of dressing room revenge, in which it was reported that the clothes of the Rangers players were accidentally left under the turned on showers for thirty minutes of the second half. "It's all just nonsense." he assured reporters, "and even if it WAS true no-one can prove a thing. The CCTV camera in that locker room is out of order. Look, we gave them a hairdryer to solve the problem - why are you here accusing me when you should be praising my generosity?"

On the topic of the Reds' next match - a league match - Lordanubis assured reporters that the result would not affect future performances. "Clearly we're not going to be up against opposition of this quality every week. We'll put this result behind us and move on. Expect us to come back fighting on Thursday. As for Rangers, I'm sure they'll go on to do well in the cup - after all, any team that beat us MUST be promising!"

With a Templar Blades scarf around his neck, he confirmed that he wished Rangers all the best in their next match. This reporter is certainly convinced that all of these horrible rumours surrounding the Reds' conduct in this game have been put to bed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Whizbang
GrandLodge League

Bright Start In the New Season
The start of Season Five kicked off with a bang today as Liverspool met Skitter Smackers at Xpert Arena-West Midlands for their Round One match in the Compass Cup. The crowd was in jovial moods today as the sun was shining and the weather was clement. Hopes were high for both sides and many pundits had already begun their predictions for the Cup winner and who would take the title for this season.

Liverspool would duly deliver a wonderful performance as they sent out a younger squad for today's match which would see them route the Smackers with a 3-0 win. Newly signed Iustin Surdu would get his first start in the club colours and would find his legs quickly as he took to the pitch amongst his peers. The only concern of the offical 90 would come in the 17' of the match when Robbie Fowler would need to be helped off the pitch due to a late challenge by Smackers' Franklin Moody. Physio diagnosis was a minor knock and Fowler should be right as rain in a few days time.

At the end of the day the Livers would emerge the victor with hopes of pursuing their first piece of silverware this season via a Cup win. If they are able to continue performing as they have today and avoid any major injury to key players it is believed that they could do just that and secure a much needed piece of silver for their trophy cabinet.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Reds Crash Against Isilington
A bad week for St Helens Reds, in which they had already exited the Compass Cup in the first round, got worse today when they crashed to a 1-0 defeat at local rivals Isilington United. Both teams missed penalties during the game, and overall the match was fairly even. The Reds though did not manage a shot on target throughout the whole 90 minutes, whereas Isilington managed to convert their only one.

It is an unfortunate defeat for the Reds, who had been looking to quickly bounce back from their Cup disappointment, but the manager insisted that it would be put right next week in what was a very short Press Conference.

"We just have to pick ourselves up and come back next week to take the fight to the Rickrollers." he told reporters. "I have to take the blame today, as we simply didn't get our tactics right and paid the price for that. But we all make mistakes, and what's important is that we learn from them. We'll be better prepared when we face Rickrollers, and looking to finally get our season kickstarted."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Whizbang
A Win to Start the League Season
Today's league season opener saw Liverspool take home three points in their match against the Skitter Smackers. While the match was pretty standard in flair and contest, it was not what held the attention of reporters and broadcasters alike.

What seems to have caught the attention of most males in the area was the local wet T-shirt contest being held across the street at the Come As U R tavern. The line to gain entry spanned down the block and turned the corner as everyone who wasn't attending the match was in line to see some ladies in wet shirts and knickers. As the contest got underway, the seats at the Between here n there Stadium began to empty as supporters and journalists alike made their way towards the ever growing queue to gain entry into the tavern.

Cheers and racuous laughter could be heard spilling out of the doorway and windows as the festivities were underway and several fights broke out in the queue as people tried to cut their way up the line in hopes of getting inside to see some wet flesh. Ultimately, the event had to be shut down and the local police had to break out rubber nuclear weapons to calm the crazed and primitive crowd that had began to grow to epic proportions. Several of the ladies were swept away by the massive wall of man flesh that had started pouring in through every open nook and cranny and many needed medical attention once the crowd had been dispursed.

In the end, Liverspool won, men went crazy over the sight of wet boobs, and people were hurt trying to see wet boobs.

Daily Observer -- Somewhere

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Saints Through To Round 2
St Helens FC progressed to the second round of the Pro League Cup in style today, as they soundly beat opponents Club Brugge 3-1 in the second leg of their First Round tie. This left the aggregate score of the leg at 7-2, which speaks for itself as to the supremecy the Saints showed in both legs. Whilst not garnering a significant advantage in possession, they created far more chances that their opponents in both games, which is ultimately what gave them the victory.

"I'm pleased certainly, and the mood back in the dressing room is very upbeat." commented manager Lordanubis. "This was our first home game of the season, so not only are we pleased at our Cup progression, we're also delighted to have been able to welcome the fans back to Knowsley Road in such an emphatic manner."

Asked of the merits of a run in the cup, Lordanubis spoke highly of the potential it offered. "I think that a cup run, particularly for those of us in the lower leagues, is very valuable and important. It gives us a chance to run out against bigger teams, and those teams fans wouldn't normally get a chance to see us play. I know there is some debate over exactly how serious the cup is taken by some teams, but we certainly see it as a great opportunity. We'll be giving our all in the next round, no matter who we may face."

Finally, asked about their upcoming League game against third placed Team Dual, Lordanubis said he was expecting a good game. "If you look at their setup, they're actually quite similar to us." he commented. "They tend to stick to a 4-5-1 attacking formation, and play games to win rather than to grind out a result. It's great when you get such match ups, and most of the time they produce great games to watch for the fans. Fluent, attacking football is the way that I feel the game should be played - hopefully we'll have a display of just that next week."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:09 am

Whizbang
Ark Premier League

A Taste of Things to Come
Puerto de Cerveza
Marbella, Spain

As the curtain closed on the season, recently appointed manager Guillermo Del L11iz had only good things to say about his newest charges. While entering into a club racked with a poorly balanced budget and players in just as poor form, gaffer Del L11iz knew that it would take time and hard work to turn the flailing club around and produce a viable squad capable of challenging the likes of VolNation and Franciscan.

Del L11iz took a moment out of his busy schedule to give a few words on what he saw and what he expects during the off-season to prepare for the next.

"I knew that I was being brought in to help fix this club. I knew that it wasn't going to be easy. I set down how things were going to be done, how I intended to run things, and I made it clear that many would go to make way for the changes needed to turn this club into one of skill and respect. I also made it clear that anyone could leave if they did not want to play by my rules, adhere to my way of doing things.

Now that we've completed the rest of the season, and I've seen what I'm working with, I am prepared to make the changes necessary that will take this club back up to the top of the table where it will contend with the best of the best to prove that Estrella Damm FC is to be respected. Keep an eye out for us, because we will be making a name for ourselves this next season."

Manager Guillermo Del L11iz had an impressive record since taking over the club, having played six matches and having won five of the six and losing one in the Redemption Cup semi-finals to the league winners Franciscan Monks. An impressive record for a manager stepping into the unknown and many hope he is able to build upon that in the coming seasons.

Associated Press -- Sevilla

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Disappointing Defeat For Saints
St Helens FC dropped points today in a 4-2 defeat by Team Dual. Despite a fairly similar setup and possession statistics, Saints were caught out by two major factors that went against them. The first was the fact that their Wing Plays strategy was countered by Dual, nullifying the majority of their attacking threat, and the second was that their 3-5-2 formation did not adequately cope with Dual's attacking threat.

"Honestly, it's dissappointing." admitted Lordanubis after the game, "We really don't want to be dropping points this early in the season, but admittedly we were out thought a little bit here. They were prepared for our Wing-based attack and we paid the price for that."

Looking at the positives though, Lordanubis commented that "it's certainly promising that even with that factor against us we still managed to nick a couple of goals. That shows that our boys didn't give up even when under the odds. We'll just pick ourselves up, move on and learn from this. We'll be back on form next week, and when the return fixture comes up you can be sure that we'll be looking for a bit of revenge."

"For now though, credit to Team Dual. A deserved win, but they shouldn't get too comfortable in second place - we're coming for them!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Whizbang
GrandLodge League

Into the Quarters and Hosts to Sussudio
Liverspool did what was needed to finish off the Roughriders and move into the next round in the Compass Cup. Club manager Malcolm Reynolds fielded a mixed side with youth and experience taking the pitch to see the Roughriders off 2-0 and secure a spot in the Quarterfinals. Reynolds had very little to say at the end and made his way down the tunnel to the dressing room alongside his players instead of stopping to take the time to address the media.

Liverspool next host AFC Sussudio in the Drunken Git derby and it is thought that there has been a ban placed on all Phil Collins songs played and sung to prevent the riots that last consumed the grounds when the two clubs met. It is thought that the mere thought of the aging rocker and his followers cause extreme anger and violence in the Bansfield faithful. Security will be increased to try and prevent a repeat but many are unsure if the precautions being taken will be enough.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Reds' Season Finally Off To A Start
After a poor start to the new season, St Helens Reds finally got off the starting block today with a solid 2-1 win over Rickrollers. Two goals from Stevie Woodlands turned the game around after an early goal from Rickrollers, and helped the Reds to a deserved win in which they were far the more positive of the sides.

Manager Lordanubis stressed the importance of the win to reporters after the game, telling them that "it's a very important win to enable us to get going this season and press on to what we hope will be a challenge for a promotion spot. That first win is always important to impress a sense of belief and motivation into the team, and that is what is most important to me rather than the three points today."

"What we need to do now is press on. We play Sorcistoj de Tillery next week, who have had a very strong start to the season. We'll be looking for an upset there to help us continue to build momentum."

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”