X11 - Press Releases

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: X11 - Press Releases

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Saints Heartbreak At Last Minute Goal
St Helens FC suffered last minute heartbreak in the Pro League Cup today, when dragoncats managed to pull their cup tie level with only seconds to go in the game. dragoncats, a Division 7 side as opposed to Saints' Division 8 status, had trailed for the majority of the game due to a third minute goal from Fabio Quagriarella. Whilst Saints failed to build on that advantage during the 90 minutes, they had the best of the chances and will rue not converting more of them.

An 89th minute header by Teobaldo Viriato broke the fans' hearts, and whilst Saints should still be delighted to come out of this game against superior opposition all square, they will be left wondering what might have been. This was reflected in manager Lordanubis' thoughts after the game, as he told reporters that "the feeling in the dressing room is a little down at the moment. Obviously one lapse in concentration in the last minute cost us the game, and the players are a little upset at that, but as far as I am conerned there's no real shame."

"We held a team holding their own in the division above us, and that's something we should be proud of. A point might not be as good as a win in this situation, but it's damn close. We'll be looking to see if we can replicate this performance in the return leg, and if we can do that then we've got every chance of progressing."

Saints face a return match in the Cup next week, but before that travel to Legendary XII in the league. Lordanubis confirmed that players would not be rested for that game with the Cup in mind, telling reporters that "we'll go there pushing for the win as always."
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:59 am

Whizbang
Ark Premier League

Challenges Without a Budget
Parque Paco Cantos
Estrella Damm Training Grounds

Guillermo Del L11iz met with reporters today after the friendly held between VolNation and Estrella Damm. While a smile was on the face of the Spanish gaffer, there were visible signs of irritation and annoyance about him. He took some time to speak out and voice his goals and concerns.

"Today was a good day for us as we wrapped up a friendly with runners up Volnation Volunteers. We took to the pitch and the boys really showed just how ready they were to give their best even in a friendly and it shows in the 2-2 draw we walked away with. While I'm happy that we did well today, I'm also very aware of the problems that exist in the club. It is these problems that will affect the overall ability of this club to compete for some time as a recognisable force.

We current have a minimal budget to work with to bring in players. This will affect our ability to play this next season as we have rather large gaps in our squad that we are not going to be able to fill for some time. While we know where these problems are and I have voiced my concern to the board I'm afraid that I will have to make do with what I have until a time comes where we are gifted a transfer budget that will allow us to entice new talent to come and play for this glorious club.

I have informed the squad of this and have told them that we will play up our strengths to cover our weaknesses, which means that I'll have to ask more out of them than they are accustomed to. But if today's performance, along with the matches I oversaw in the previous season, are any indication, I believe that we should be able to hold our own while we develop a plan to help correct the failings of the previous manager. They are fully aware that this won't be an easy season and that they should not be dismayed should we see our fair share of losses. I have provided them with a detailed plan to show them that this is a temporary setback, one that we will overcome and put behind us.

My goals for this season are simple; keep the top players here at all costs and get rid of those that have no reason for being in the red and black of Estrella Damm. It means that we may have to play formations and tactics that are not typical of this club, but I believe that they will benefit from this in the long run. I expect us to finish mid-table come end of season and, should luck have a say, a few new players to develop over the next seasons. We will also try our best in the Cup runs, but I don't expect us to get further than we did in the previous season. But you never know; football is a very surprising sport and the results are never known until the ref blows the final whistle."

Many could not believe the finish to the season that the newly moved Estrella Damm FC experienced and countless numbers had written them off to be relegated to the non-leagues. But the appointment of Del L11iz seems to have changed the minds of many. The question still remains of whether he can turn the fortunes around for the club and shape them into a title challenger or was it merely a fluke and relegation is just around the corner.

Espa11a F11tbol Today
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Reds Surprise Tillery
St Helens Reds caused a minor upset today in the Square League One when they defeated Sorcistoj de Tillery 2-0 despite missing a penalty. The best chances in the game all fell to the Reds, whilst a miserable afternoon for Tillery was compounded by two injuries in the closing few minutes of the game.

"Obviously we were ruing our misfortune a bit when we missed that penalty when it was 1-0," manager Lordanubis told the press, "but thankfully we didn't let that get to us and were able to press on for the win. It's important, as it means that we're keeping our momentum going after that slow start to the season. Now we can aim to take it to three on the trot when we visit The Hawks next week."

Lordanubis was also quizzed about the state of midfielder Russell Hardcastle who was taken off injured early in the second half. "It's nothing to worry about, the boy just picked up a knock." he assured reporters. "If anything the two injuries that Tillery picked up looked worse by quite a way. Hopefully those players will have a speedy recovery, it's never nice to see players out injured for long."
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 am

Kon
Pro League

Winning Streak Over for Bearcats
Monday's match against Juve Legends brought CIncinnati's first loss since the change of management. The Bearcats' offense just couldn't make anything happen, and the game was decided by a single goal from the Legends' Sebastien Zuniga.

"I'm not the least bit disappointed in the guys," said team manager SSX-Kahn. "Our failure on Monday was all my doing. I had become so concentrated on building the confidence and teamwork of the usual starters that I have made our tactics too easy for our better opponents to figure out."

When asked if this marked the beginning of another long downturn for the club, the manager replied with confidence, "When I took over this squad, Pokemon-Team Fire was the laughingstock of the Pro League. In the weeks since, the men have realized their potential; coming back from an embarrasing finish last season to make the Bearcats a name to be feared throughout the divison. We will definitely be in top shape for Friday's Cup match, and you can be assured that we'll be back in Division 7 next season."

Grand Lodge League

Can Cincinnati Turn Their Season Around?
The Cincinnati Steamers' season was off to a less than stellar start with a loss to Estudiantes United, followed by a complete massacre at the hands of Hull City in the first round of the Compass Cup tournament. However, things are now starting to look up after a draw with Isilington United was followed up with the Steamers' first win of the season against Rickrollers.

"We've spent most of this season so far working in the new guys, and building a solid sense of teamwork; now we just have to find the best tactics that can make the most of our diverse squad," manager SSX-Kahn stated when asked how he planned to make this a winning season for the club.

The press was quite anxious to know how both the manager and players felt about such an early exit from the Compass Cup. Surprisingly, SSX-Kahn seemed to see it as a positive for the team.

"It is important to remember," he said, "that this team is still very much a work in progress. Not having to worry about the cup matches will give us some more time to train hard between matches, and get into good form; something we are currently lacking."

In his closing remarks to the media, the manager expressed a positive attitude, with his usual emphasis on long-term goals for the club.

"We know we aren't the most skilled in comparison to our competition," he reminded those in attendence, "and that it will be a a while yet until we are able to come out ahead of teams like Hull City. We remain very proud of what we have accomplished so far, and we only look to get better from here on out."
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Saints' Poor Run Continues
St Helens FC's poor run continued today as they were dumped out of the Pro League Cup by Division 7's dragoncats despite holding them to a 1-1 draw in the first leg. Saints created more of the chances within the game but failed to put any of them away, and their hearts were broken in the 93rd minute when dragoncats were able to snatch a late winner.

Saints' woes were compounded by the injury of hot prospect Fritz Schotz during the game, leaving him sidelined for two weeks. To make matters worse, their next game pits them against league leaders FC Sporting Anston - leaving them little respite in what has been an appalling run of games which has resulted in three losses and a draw.

Manager Lordanubis made few excuses at the end of the game, admitting that Saints had "just not been good enough" on the day. Making it clear that his primary concern would be to turn around this run of terrible form, he told reporters that changes would be taking place for the Anston game in an attempt to arrest the club's downward spiral.

Time will tell whether or not Lordanubis will be able to arrest the slide in what may be their toughest test of the season so far. The odds however, do not favour the beleagered Saints.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Whizbang
GrandLodge League

Fat Balding Gits and Pudlian Tits
Liverspool FC went on today to show Argonauts how it is done with a 3-1 win in the Compass Cup semi finals. It was all about the Livers today as they started the match off with an early goal and then kept them coming throughout the match. Argonauts had one redeeming goal late in the first half, but it wasn't enough to stave off the prowess and sheer skill that Liverspool displayed in the day's match.

Liverspool now goes on to face their cross-country rivals AFC Sussudio in the final. Last time these clubs met there were riots on and off the pitch as the Sussudian squad entered the stadium singing Phil Collins songs and wearing horrible retro fits from the early 80s. When they left they had completely trashed the visiting side dressing room and there were large clumps of dog hair found everywhere. Sources have reported that all Liverspool players are required to use protective hearing devices to ensure minimal loss of hearing due to the horrible crooning that has been known to emit from the Sussudian players during big matches.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Reds In Good Form Heading To City
St Helens Reds are in good form as they prepare to head out to poorly performing Mongoseion City this week, coming off the back of three straight wins in the league. Much has been going on behind the scenes this week involving manager Lordanubis, meaning that he did not hold his usual post-match Press Conference after the win against The Hawks last week. Instead, this reporter can reveal that he has been spending the majority of his time in the club's Youth facilities as the current crop of players produced through the system have been put to the test and thoroughly analysed by the boss himself.

It is no secret that the Reds are seeking a huge influx of new talent next season, and the Youth System is one means through which Lordanubis wishes to attain that influx. 17 year old Frank Minn was elevated to the first team just this week, and reports are that Lordanubis has his eye on several other players that may be brought in over the coming months.

Whilst this situation has obviously resulted in a smaller media presence than normal, it is important to note that training has been no less intensive than normal. When asked, club officials told reporters that the team were "giving it their all as usual", and that "we'll be going to City next week fully prepared and looking for three points.

Pro League

Saints' Anston Humiliation Fires Up Team
Last week's humiliation at the hands of FC Sporting Anston, in what was a 3-0 drubbing, seems to have fired up the Saints team this last week, with reporters indicating more intensive training sessions that normal and more determined faces around the club. Saints, favoured for promotion at the start of the season, are in the middle of a torrid run of form that the defeat to Anston compounded. Whilst manager Lordanubis is reported to be under no threat, concern has naturally been radiating around supporters groups.

Whilst manage Lordanubis has been unavailable for comment, club officials have confirmed that recent results are only driving both players and staff harder to turn the situation around. "They know they are better than this," one source, who asked to remain anonymous, told me yesterday evening. "They're aware of the situation, and to a man they want to get out there and give the supporters something to cheer about. This week's game at New Sealand has been targetted as the perfect opportunity to do that, so everyone is really giving it their all."

One thing is certain, alarm bells will well and truly be ringing at the club if they are unable to beat New Sealand this week - considering the fact that Sealand have the worst goal difference in the league having conceded 11 in four games. Time will tell as to whether or not the Saints will be up to the task, or whether the run of shocking form will continue.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Kon
Pro League

Bearcats Out of Cup After Tense Shootout
The Cincinnati Bearcats' best-ever run for the Pro League Cup came to a heart-wrenching end on Friday, after a 6-7 loss to Ardkinglas Athletic in the third round of the tournament.

Manager SSX-Kahn expressed no regrets about the team's performance during the game, saying, "We really did play our absolute best. The Ardkinglas manager chose to play a completely different game than us, but we feel like we definitely made the best tactical decisions."

The game was very close indeed, as it all came down to the final penalty kick from each team after a 1-1 draw in regulation, and a scoreless period of extra time.

The first goal of the match came very late, in the seventieth minute, with a header from Cincinnati forward Leonel Cativo assisted by media darling Punk Knight. Ardkinglas equalized just minutes later, after a daring long shot by Jean Barbieri. The score stayed at 1-1 for the remainder of regulation, and extra time was completely uneventful after Barbieri was sent off in the 91st minute.

The game went into a penalty shootout, where all of the Bearcats' misses came from some of the club's biggest stars. Top striker Prelinho, Basto, Vingada, and Knight all failed to make their penalties count. Cincinnati was still alive, however, as the Athletic players had missed just as many shots. The real heartbreak came with the very last kick of the game, when Cativo, who had scored Cincinnati's only point of the night, failed to repeat his earlier success.

The Bearcats' manager placed no blame on Cativo, saying, "By that point of the night, everyone was just utterly fatigued. Leonel, Punk, and the others who missed their penalties had all been out there for all 120 minutes. The exhaustion combined with the unbelievable pressure was just too much for him. It was my fault. I should have chosen someone else for that last kick."

In addition to fatigue, SSX-Kahn was most concerned with the loss of team captain Tom11s Perreira, after he suffered a terrible injury in the forty-eighth minute. "He will be out until around July 28th. It's definitely a major blow to the squad," said the manager. "He is already doing some serious work to get back on his feat as quickly as possible, and we are also going to train the others much harder in the coming days to get them back in form. We're determined not to let this turn into a slump."

This was the farthest the Cincinnati Bearcats had ever advanced in the Pro League Cup. The team will return to league play again on Monday.

Grand Lodge League

Cincinnati Struggles to Reverse Fortunes
Cincinnati couldn't quite maintain the momentum it had in it's first win of the season against Rickrollers, leading to yet another draw against Sorcistoj de Tillery last Thursday.

Things looked grim as the game began, with Tillery scoring twice in the first twenty minutes, but the Steamers managed to hold them off for the rest of the game. Feidhlimidh Toshack assisted John Kerrigan with Cincinnati's first goal in the thirty-ninth minute, and Toshack scored a goal of his own, to equalize in the seventieth minute.

Manager SSX-Kahn, who has been experimenting with different tactics in the last few games in an effort to turn reverse the season's horrific start, said that the Steamers were slowly improving, and should start seeing more wins soon. "This team was the laughingstock of the entire Grand Lodge League before this season began. We still may be one of the weakest teams at the moment, but we now have a lot of good, young talent that is finally starting to get a handle on things." There certainly is some truth in the manager's words, as it is evident that the younger players are beginning to play a more vital role in the squad, phasing out many of the club's grizzled veterans.

Now, Steamers fans are gearing up for what they believe will be another winning game against The Hawks, when they come to Riverfront Stadium on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

Liverspool Lift the Compass Cup
The streets of Bansfield were flooded with celebrating supporters as Liverspool lifted the first Compass Cup to be hosted in the Grand Lodge League. Singing, drinking, and dancing could be heard and seen across the city as the players marched down the city centre with heads held high and Cup held aloft. This all came as a result of Liverspool's 2-1 win over cross-country rivals AFC Sussudio.

The match saw a sellout crowd attending Xpert Arena for this clash of titans. It has been said that they had to bring in the local police and military to help keep supporters in check due to such heated exchanges and taunts being flung about by both sides. It was also reported that the clubs were given escorts to and from the dressing rooms to ensure that no foul play was committed upon the players.

The match itself was a tactical pacer as both clubs fought to control possession of the ball and create chances for goal scoring opportunities. Sussudio had one chance and converted a goal from it while Liverspool generated 8 goal scoring opportunities and created 2 goals from them. Possession was almost even with Liverspool seeing 55% control of the ball while Sussudio had 45%. Only two bookings occurred in the match, one in the first half and the other late in the second half. Goals came from Frank Ryding assisted by Stid Scaramanga for AFC Sussudio and Ian Rush assisted by Sami Hyypi11 and Ian Rush assisted by Fernando Torres.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

Attempt to Sabotage
Someone has spread malicious rumours about your team and your players but the statements were so outrageous that nobody believed them and no damage was done. Nobody knows who might be behind the rumours.

Liverspool gaffer Malcolm Reynolds had a laugh at the attempts stating that jealousy must be running hot and heavy after being the first club to lift the Compass Cup and setting the benchmark for the following seasons.

"I know that we have had a rough season so far and we should be producing more in the league, but grabbing the first Compass Cup and adding it to our bare trophy cabinet was something special for us here at Liverspool. Now someone wants to take it out on us by spreading utter bollocks in an attempt to affect my players. Bit of advice to you...make the rumours believable next time instead of just foaming at the mouth like a rabid pooch."

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Whizbang
Ark Premier League

A Promising Start
Estrella Damm FC started the season with a win as they hosted Prairies Raiders at the Puerto de Cerveza for the season opener of the Ark Premier League. The two clubs would walk onto the pitch for a full capacity crowd as they both were eager to put 3 points under their belts and pursue the coveted league title. Estrella Damm, having come back from a lackluster previous season, was eager to prove a point and they did so to their adoring fans and skeptical press.

EDFC's ever-thorough manager, Guillermo Del L11iz, had worked tirelessly over the off-season priming and preparing his club for a tough challenge that awaited them. He was shrewd in his signings and meticulous with the books to ensure that the club was not dipping into funds that were not there. Mindful of the talent in his youth academy, Del L11iz brought up two youngsters that had shown promise, Cirilo Zapatito, a 17 year old midfielder with a leg for blasting goals from range and Fabricio Noguerol, an 18 year old defender with great aerial ability. EDFC's gaffer also saw potential in a young lad by the name of C11sar Lange, who showed great intelligence on the pitch and an elusive calmness when under pressure. Del L11iz, ever the businessman, worked his magic and brought the youth to the club for a very modest fee.

With these latest additions in place to bring depth to the future of the club, EDFC took to the pitch to face their first opponent and put the previous season's nightmare behind them. The match would be a slaughter as the Raiders failed to find their rythym from the starting whistle and could never seem to gather themselves after the dominating presence that EDFC would exude on the pitch. By the end of the first half, the hosts would be up 2-0 and the Raiders would have an injured Andronic Tironoiu taken off and Ratko Banic would come on to take his place.

The second half would show some hope to the visitors as defender Ray Himsworth was injured and had to be taken off while Jonathan Tamayo would fill his shoes. Sensing that the back line was still trying to sort itself after the change, Raiders would take advantage to put one past EDFC's custodian Tib11rcio Lencastre and pick up a goal with the hopes of leveling the match out. But it would be the only chance that they would get as the home side would rally and go on to produce three more goals in the last half hour of the game and shut down any chances that the Raiders might have had with taking home points.

At the end of the match, Estrella Damm would have put 5 into the back of the net and leave the visiting side speechless in a 5-1 win for opening day. Abraham Tate would take MotM with a brace of goals and an assist to round out his day. Many are skeptical about the ability of Guillermo to turn the club around and get it on the fast track to title and cup winners. But today's match gave hope to fans and players alike that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that EDFC are on the right train to get there.

Hoy F11tbol -- Sevilla

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Saints' Determination Pays Off
The determination demonstrated by St Helens FC this past week paid off in spades with a 6-1 thrashing of New Sealand, in what officials and fans alike hope will help get their season back on track.

After a torrid start to the season that has seen Saints pick up only 6 points out of a possible 15, manager Lordanubis and his players had been under pressure to deliver a result to help steady the ship. "It's certainly a relief," Lordanubis told reporters, "the problem with poor form is that the pressure to turn it around builds and builds to a point where that pressure is contributing to the form itself. Breaking that run is crucial, as it now frees us a little more to start playing as we know we are capable of doing."

The future gets no easier for the Saints though, with a trip to second placed AATBV 2 next on the cards. Lordanubis acknowledged that this was hardly the ideal fixture when they were trying to build upon their change in form, but stated firmly that he had every confidence in his team and was sure that they could get a result.

Grand Lodge League

Reds' Good Form Drives Them To Top Spot

The continued good form of St Helens Reds paid off this week when they claimed top spot in the Square League One after a 2-0 victory over Mongoseion City. Reds dominated the game, with 60% of possession and 9 attempts at goal to their opponent's 1. New boy Frank Minn, a recent product of the club's youth system, also got in on the fun by bagging the second goal of the game and securing the victory for the team.

"Suffice to say it was a very good evening, and it feels great to be where we belong at the top of the table" manager Lordanubis told the press afterwards. "City played a very defensive game, and that is what hurt them. When we scored they just weren't setup to grab an equaliser. But I take nothing away from my boys, who were superb tonight. I'm very proud of them but am also going to be keeping their feet firmly on the ground - there's a long way to go yet before this title is ours, and we'll keep working hard until the very last day to ensure that it does indeed come to Knowsley Road."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:07 am

Cyphon88
http://www.xperteleven.com/leagueNews.a ... 37176&dh=5

hehehehehe King Chris does not understand smack talk.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

Dead Dogs in the League
Liverspool FC walked away with their third loss in six games this season as they met Downz with the Syndrom at Downz Stadium for today's matchup. While spirits were high coming in from having won the Compass Cup early this season, Liverspool form was not. Plagued with poor displays in all but one league match so far, LFC has not been the club of seasons past and currently sits in relegation should they continue their current playing trend this season.

When asked by the local media, club gaffer Malcolm Reynolds only mentioned that he wished club form was the same between the league and the Cup competitions and that he would be looking into what it would take to spur his club on to see a reversal of fortune to prevent them from going down at the end of this season. There have been rumours that, while having won the Compass Cup this season, Reynolds could be given the boot should he be unable to turn things around at Bansfield and begin producing positive results.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Liga Mundo

All Change At Dun Carrig Bohs
It has been an eventful week at Dun Carrig Bohs both on and off the pitch, starting with the appointment of new manager Lordanubis on Monday. An English manager mostly known for his work in the lower leagues at home, where he guided the two clubs he has managed to survival at the tail end of dismal seasons, the board appointed Lordanubis with the hope that he would be able to work the same magic at the Bohs, whom have been languishing near the relegation zone in the Segunda Liga for the majority of this season.

Having not held a Press Conference after his appointment due to "the urgent need to review his players and their training regimen prior to his vital first game in charge", the first chance the press had to meet Lordanubis was during his post-match interview after said game against the A.M. Adepts. The Bohs had gone into the match with expectations very low, due to the dismal form of their players and their equally dismal recent run of results - this being vastly different to the Adepts, who had been holding down a promotion spot in the league leading up to the match.

But that is no more - be it the manager's magic, the players' desire to prove themselves, or something else entirely, the Bohs put on a stunning performance the likes of which has not been seen all season from them. They dominated possession with 57% of the ball, and had 9 shots on target during the match whilst restricting the Adepts to a single one. The scoreline of 6-1 emphasises this dominance, and remembering that this is a match the Bohs had been expected to lose badly, many reporters found themself eager to hear the manager's explanation.

"Well first I have to stress that I think this result is a surprise to us all," he told reporters. "We obviously came out here with the aim of winning today, as we will every week, but the scale of this victory was beyond what we had hoped for. Massive credit has to go to the players for that, and I've already told them how they should be proud of that performance and aspire to match it every week. If they can, then there need be no more questions about our relegation this season."

Quizzed on the changes he had made in the four days he had had with the team in which this remarkable change of fortunes was brought about, Lordanubis was very insistent that it was certainly not a case of wide spread changes. "Well obviously having only been here a few days my standing here and saying widespread changes had caused this would be foolish, as those kind of changes take time to bed in."

"There were many small changes in terms of training policy, but I think there were two major things we did. Firstly, we adjusted the formation to a style that I feel suits our players better. Having watched the tapes of a few old games, I certainly got the sense that our shape was wrong and that it was limiting our offensive capabilities. Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, I tried to bring in youth where I could. I am a strong believer that younger players are a side's greatest asset, and the Bohs had not been utilising that asset prior to my arrival. I think the energy and effort they showed out there today justified their selection tenfold."

"I am not suggesting, however, that these changes alone have turned the team into potential champions." he then clarified. "Such a feat will take time of course. But I feel that they are strong first steps, demonstrated by the result today. Having seen the potential of these lads today, I certainly no longer fear the prospect of relegation from the Segunda Liga. Who knows, if we can keep it up we may even get into the mix for promotion!"

Whether that will occur remains to be seen. But one thing is for sure - this change has suited the Dun Carrig Bohs. Time will tell whether it has set them back on course for a brighter future.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grand Lodge League

Mixed Week For Reds

It has been a week of mixed fortunes for St Helens Reds, as results have seen them win convincingly against Compass Championship opposition in the Cup whilst falling to defeat in the league against Cincinnati Steamers.

Beginning the week with their 4-0 romp in the Cup, Reds fans were on a high as they celebrated ahead of next week's second leg. They were brought crashing back to the reality, however, when local rivals the Cincinnatti Steamers taught them the folly of allowing themselves to get distracted by handing them a 3-1 defeat.

Obviously, considering these mixed fortunes manager Lordanubis was in a mixed mood when we caught up with him after the Steamers game. "It's frustrating." he admitted to reporters. "We were riding high somewhat from the big win against the Ladyboys and allowed ourselves to take our eye off the ball in the League. We're very fortunate that other results went mostly our way, so we are no lower than second at present, but even so it's a situation that should never have occurred."

"Our tactics were just wrong." he told reporters when pressed for an explanation. "Simply put, Cincinnati outthought us a little bit. Perhaps it's an indication that we've become a little predictable in our approach to matches - we'll have to take a look at that in the next few days."

"Right now though, our aim is to regroup and get ready for that second leg though. The Ladyboys will be after our blood, and it's important that we don't give up what we fought so hard for earlier this week. And when that's done, I promise you we won't let our eye come off the ball in the league again."

Pro League

Saints' Positive Change Continues

The positive turn in form that has seen St Helens FC bounce back from a terrible run of results to win their last two games continued this week with a victory over promotion chasing AATBV 2. Saints edged what was a tight game, with the statistics confirming that story. What Saints fans will be pleased to see though is that they ensured that AATBV did not get a single shot on target throughout the duration of the match. Considering the leaky state of their defence of late, this could be perhaps more valuable than the three points for the club.

Manager Lordanubis confirmed this point of view in his post match briefing, where he told reporters that "whilst the three points are vital for keeping us in the hunt for promotion, the fact that our defence performed so well tonight is a major bonus in itself. It's been no secret that we've had trouble keeping a clean sheet of late, and it's great to see the boys' hard work in training finally paying off. They deserve this from all the effort they put in, and I'm sure it'll spur us all on to keep working hard as we try to keep this run going for as long as we can."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Kon
Pro League

Cincinnati Celebrates Return to Form
The Cincinnati Bearcats have clearly come out of their slump, following two consecutive victories against Red Bull IF (3-1), and Br11sarps IF (4-1). The win over Br11sarps earlier today allowed the Bearcats to move up to first place in the Division 8:10 standings.

Manager SSX-Kahn was quite pleased with the results, saying that "These victories over midtable teams should give us the confidence we need to maintain our place among the top teams in the division."

Although very happy that Cincinnati now sits on top of the division, SSX-Kahn was clear that the fight is not over yet. "Juve Legends have been steadily gaining points, and now the fight for promotion is no longer a two-horse race between us and Northern Knights." The manager stressed the need to capitalize on the Bearcats' comeback, and net more wins in order to distance themselves from other tough competitors.

There is little doubt that the Bearcats should be able to widen the gap in the standings when they travel far from their home turf to meet Br11sarps again next week.

Grand Lodge League

Steamers Steam Ahead in League and Cup
The Cincinnati Steamers have enjoyed a tremendous resurgence after a start to the season that left much to be desired. Cincinnati gained a great deal of confidence following their decisive 4-0 victory over The Hawks.

When asked about the turning point for the team, manager SSX-Kahn was quick to suggest that "That big win over The Hawks gave us a lot of momentum that, thankfully, we have been able to carry through the last few games."

Now, Steamers fans are celebrating solid wins over Mongoseion City in both legs of the FA Cup's first round; but even this achievement is overshadowed by a magnificent 3-1 victory over bitter rivals and former division leaders, the St. Helens Reds.

"We were honestly quite surprised at the result," the manager said. "The Reds were much easier to read than we had initially anticipated, and while we were ready for them, they were completely unprepared for us." When asked about the performance on the field, SSX-Kahn made it clear that he was pleased with the squad's performance, saying, "I couldn't have asked for better skill and cohesion from these guys. Even being completely prepared, I was honestly expecting a draw. Everyone was really at their best on the field."

When asked if he was optimistic about the rest of the season, the manager was cautious. "I 'm certainly not going to guarantee anything," he said. "We all know that although we clearly have passion, many of our players just aren't up to par with the league's leaders. We will need to rely on both tactics and heart if we want to accomplish something. For this team, every win must be hard-fought."

SSX-Kahn's words of warning are clearly directed at the Steamer's last few games against tough teams like Tillery, and another match against the Reds. How well Cincinnati will make it through the next few weeks remains to be seen. Only time can tell.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Whizbang
Lodge Premier League

A Poor Trend Forming
Today saw another 3 points lost for Liverspool as they took on Hull City at Bansfield. A poor league season plagues the club as they continue the downward spiral into relegation only having grabbed 5 points out of a possible 21. Club owners and supporters alike are worried about this disappointing trend after such a strong display in the Compass Cup.

We asked club manager Malcolm Reynolds why the club was seeing such poor league form and how he planned to correct it.

"Honestly, I have no answers for you right now. I, myself, am trying to understand why we looked so strong in Cup play yet can't gather enough skill and dominance in the league matches. I've analysed the matches between Cup and League and see no real changes that would indicate such a losing streak as we've displayed so far. I can only try to shake things up and see if a slap in the face of the players will see a turnaround in our remaining fixtures."

Debates are heating up over whether Malcolm Reynolds should be replaced should he fail to produce wins and keep Liverspool in the Lodge Premier League. Several supporters stand staunchly loyal to the manager while others agree wtih the club board that if relegation occurs then it is time to bring in a fresh outlook towards football and the club. One thing is for certain, Liverspool are not looking like the club they were in seasons past.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Liga Mundo

Draw Keeps Bohs Moving Forward

Today's draw against Atl11tico Viniland11s keeps the Dun Carrig Bohs continually moving in the right direction in the Segunda Liga. Whilst Lordanubis' men may well have been hoping for something more after their handy 6-1 thrashing of A.M. Adepts last week, they should not be disheartened by what was a positive result.

Eventually ending up 1-1, Viniland11s dominated the game in the possession statistics, but the Bohs did not let this deter them and put in a solid defensive performance that enabled them to come away with a point thanks to a clinical penalty conversion by Severin Hed11kers.

"It's a pleasing result." confirmed Lordanubis after the game. "Obviously we'd have preferred the three points, but in some ways perhaps this result is better in that it helps to keep our feet firmly on the ground after last week's unexpected landslide. Whilst we may not have won, we put in a good strong performance that stands us in good stead moving forward. I've told the lads that, and I believe we can be rightly happy with tonight's work."

Asked about next week's game against Dynamo Dorpat, Lordanubis also confirmed that supporters should expect to see a few more changes with regards to the approach to that game. "We're still experimenting to try and find the best setup to get the very best out of the players, so don't expect us to stand still. Both games so far that I've taken charge of have had us displaying both positives and negatives. At the moment it's a process of limiting the negatives and drawing the positives out as much as possible."

Whilst Dorpat will go into the game the favourites due to their superior standing in the league table, the Bohs now sit only two points behind them, hinting at the possibility of a keenly fought game between the two. Underdogs or not though, this reporter feels that writing the Bohs off just yet would be a foolish venture.

----------------------------------------------------------

Grand Lodge League

Reds Reclaim Top Spot With Home Win

St Helens Reds reclaimed top spot in Square League One today with a 2-0 home win against Estudiantes United. Having been knocked out of top spot last week after an unexpected defeat to local rivals the Cincinnati Steamers, fans were relieved at the strong and positive approach that saw them clinch three points. With Rickrollers doing the Reds a favour by edging Sorcistoj de Tillery elsewhere, these three points were enough to put the Reds back on top with a one point advantage over both the Steamers and Isilington United.

"It's a closely fought battle for the title, there's no doubt about that." said manager Lordanubis after the game. "If you look at the table, there's concievably four of us that could take the title, and five of us in the picture for promotion. That's more than half the division - I haven't seen the like of it in recent years!"

Asked for elaboration on his side's chance of the title itself, Lordanubis was cautiously optimistic. "Well obviously it's still early days, so it's hard to properly judge, but if you look at the table you'd have to say that things are looking good for us at the present time."

"Since the start of the season I've said that our biggest threat for the title would be Tillery, and I stick by that. They've had a bad result today, but they're a strong team and I see them bouncing back from that quite quickly. In my opinion, it'll be Tillery, us, and either the Steamers or Isilington heading up into the Championship next season. Which of those two though I really couldn't say at the moment - ask me in a few weeks!"

This exciting promotion battle in League One continues next week, when the Reds again travel to Estudiantes United in their return fixture. They will certainly again be looking for three points to keep a firm grip on the top of the table.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

St Helens FC Win To Drop A Place
St Helens FC did the job they needed to do this week by beating FC Kill to maintain their chase for promotion from Division 8:55, yet also managed to drop a place in the league table in the process. With their 2-1 victory being bettered by Team Dual's 2-0 victory over New Sealand, the Saints found themselves pushed down to fifth place on goal difference despite their positive result.

Manager Lordanubis though dismissed the situation after the game. "It's just one of those things." he told reporters, "It's a funny old game football! But if you compare the two games, I think you have to say that the more deserving team holds fourth place currently. Thankfully we've been getting the results we need in recent weeks, but we didn't play particularly well to get this one today. I believe we only had 37% of possession in the game, which just isn't good enough for a team of this calibur. We need to work on that, and whilst I'm obviously pleased we ground out the three points I'd certainly hope we'll show large improvements next week."

Next week, of course, is when the Saints return to FC Kill for their return fixture. They will be being watched carefully for signs of said desired improvement, but only time will tell as to whether it will emerge. One thing is for sure - the Saints certainly can't afford to drop more points if they want to keep up with the promotion pack!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

Liverspool Shines in Cup Play
Liverspool FC travelled to Downz Arena to take on hosts Downz with the Syndrom in the first leg of the Round of 16 in the FA Cup, and the results speak volumes.

Coming in off a three game losing streak in the Lodge Premier League, Liverspool FC sought to correct a recent bad run of form by producing three goals and keeping a clean sheet as LFC won the first leg of their Cup run against Downz. LFC would control majority of possession during the match and limit the hosts to only three chances the entire match while producing six chances and converting three to goals.

All three goals would come late in the game with Fernando Torres having a part played in each one, the first coming from a Torres freekick while the other two were created by Torres and credit being given to John Barnes and Dirk Kuyt. Torres would pick up MotM with his one goal and two assists and help spur his side on to a deserved victory.

The only dark cloud over the match was in the 43' where Jan M11lby had to be helped off the pitch after Downz midfielder Jonatan Bateman came in with a late tackle from behind and took out the standing leg of M11lby. Bateman was lucky to only receive a yellow after continuous cries from the visiting side demanded a red card. John Barnes would come on to replace the injured M11lby.

Liverspool next travel to KC Stadium to take on Hull City in a league match that has many questioning whether Liverspool can keep up their Cup form in the league.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Whizbang
Ark Premier League:

EDFC Continues Positive Trend
Estrella Damm has continued their positive form as they continue to move forward in the NOAH Cup and hold steady pace forward in the Ark Premier League. Supporters and board alike are pleasantly surprised at the recent showing of the club and their ability to challenge at their level after coming off a rather disappointing previous season and dealing with poor fiscal issues.

EDFC continue their push in the NOAH Cup as they prepare to host Prairie Raiders in the second leg of their Cup play and the bookies have their sights set on Estrella Damm as the clean and clear winner to progress to the Semi-Finals. If EDFC can continue their form from the previous leg, it shouldn't be too much for them to push Raiders out of the way and move onto their next targets.

And in the matter of League play, compliments and kudos have found their way towards EDFC as they continue to fight for a place in mid-table with their most recent match coming against top club Mooseland FC and walking away with a deserved draw. Estrella Damm knew the match would be a real fight and planned accordingly to ensure that they went away from the match with at least a point in hand.

EDFC continue their fight for a place in the NOAH Cup final and mid-table finish in the league as they take on VolNation Volunteers in the league and wrap up their second leg of the Quarter Finals against Prairie Raiders. If trends continue, EDFC could find themselves with a bit of silverware by the end of the season, something that club and supporters alike would cherish.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Whizbang
Grand Lodge League

Liverspool Fails to Shine
Bansfield, Liverspool
Smelwood Training Grounds

Malcolm Reynolds was sacked today after another gruesome display by the club against Hull City in what could have been a redeeming match for the flailing club. Liverspool board and owners came to the decision shortly after the match end and gave the marching orders to Reynolds as he was making his way towards the dressing room.

Malcolm Reynolds has spent 5 seasons with the club and has overseen the growth and development during the Eire Wanderers years and during the buyout and move to Liverspool. While not able to win any titles during his tenure at Bansfield, he was able to lead the club to their first Cup win at the first Compass Cup. Reynolds is also responsible for bringing in some of the top talent that currently resides at the club, such as Torres, Souness, Riise, and Fowler.

But this wasn't enough to keep the axe from the chopping block as the club continued to see a horrible run of form in the league while producing excellent results in their Cup runs. While the Liverspool board looks to replace Reynolds, Assistant Coach Hammy Flee will take charge and manage the club. Times are uncertain for Liverspool as they move closer to relegation and find themselves wondering what went wrong with the season.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Liga Mundo

Bohs Miss Valuable Three Points
The Dun Carrig Bohs wasted a golden opportunity to pick up three valuable points in the Segunda Liga tonight as they crashed to a 3-2 loss to Dynamo Dorpat despite leading 2-0 at half time. The result leaves the Bohs looking nervously over their shoulder at the relegation zone, and ramps up the pressure on them to ensure victory at fellow strugglers Estrella Roja next week.

Having come out of the game with 55% of possession and double the shots on target that their opponent had, many were left wondering how the Bohs had thrown it all away during this game, considering they looked a certain bet for the win at half time. Supporters were left frustrated, and manager Lordanubis looked just as baffled during his post-game press conference.

"It's hard to explain." he told reporters when asked for the reasoning behind his side's collapse. "We didn't give them any special instructions at half time beyond to keep doing what they were doing. Perhaps it's just one of those days when luck goes against you, but we do feel very hard done by that's for sure."

"Those three points would have lifted all relegation concerns completely, but now we're left with a critical game next week against Estrella Roja. It's unfortunate, but that's football at times."

Asked for areas he would look to build upon, Lordanubis singled out the defence as his major concern. "It has to be said that when you let in three goals in 45 minutes there's something that needs addressing." he commented, "and it'll be critical that we avoid that sort of defensive performance next week at all costs. Beyond that, there are always minor things we'll tweak - but that defensive record is certainly the major concern."

The Bohs against Roja next week will likely be the one to watch in the Segunda Liga, as both teams scrap to ensure their safe place in the Segunda Liga next season. On paper the Bohs should be firm favourites, but as manager Lordanubis commented tonight: "We need to improve quickly, else this thing could go down to the wire."

------------------------------------

Grand Lodge League

Reds Drop Points At Estudiantes
St Helens Reds dropped both two points and two places today after being held away from home by Estudiantes United. The 1-1 draw allowed the Cinncinnati Steamers and Isilington United to capitalise, sending the Reds down into third place in the table. This leaves the Reds in an intriguing position, as next week they travel to meet the Steamers, their local rivals, in a rematch of what can only be described as the biggest upset in sporting history just a few weeks ago, when the Steamers overturned the Reds.

Considering this is only the third time the Reds have dropped points this season, the result took many viewers by surprise. The general consensus was that tactically the Reds had got it spot on, but the game just didn't come together for them as perhaps it should have done. Still, manager Lordanubis did not complain at this, instead paying tribute to the hard working Estudiantes side that had dealt a minor blow to his side's title hopes.

"You have to say well done to the opponent in these situations, as they played very well to deny us the victory we wanted." he told reporters. "We certainly won't let it worry us though, and we'll be back next week to give the Steamers the beating they deserve."

"We'll go up there to Cinncinnati, there'll be thousands of fans looking for a truly great team to get behind. We'll get up there, and they'll roll out the red carpet for us, they'll worship the ground we walk on, and they'll kiss our feet. We'll go out there and grace them with our presence and kill the Steamers right in the center of the pitch, because for those fans that believe - when the heat is on, the Reds will never let you down."

"To be perfectly honest, the people of Cinncinnati don't deserve to watch us play. But to show everybody that I'm a fair man, we're going to go up there regardless and give the Steamers their first home loss of the season, and let the people scream to the high heavens. And at the end of the day, all I have to say is that I'll feel sorry for them when we embarass them next week - because ultimately, we're just too damn good."

A confrontational Press Conference no doubt, but this reporter can firmly say that he believes these words will be put into action next week. Cinncinnati have a frieght train headed for them at full speed, and there's very little they can do about it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pro League

Saints Retake Fourth In 2-0 Win
St Helens FC retook fourth place in Division 8:55 this week as they brought home a 2-0 win from their return fixture against FC Kill. The Saints stifled FC Kill's attack throughout the game, ensuring that their opponent did not register a single shot on target despite enjoying the majority of the possession. This defensive achievement will please Saints fans, who saw their team drop to fifth last week on goal difference and travel next week to see them take on second placed AATBV 2.

Victory next week would see the Saints rise back into the promotion places for the first time since the start of the season, and manager Lordanubis made it abundantly clear that he is aware of fans' expectations. "Certainly we're aware of the situation." he told reporters after the game.

"We've clawed our way back into the promotion battle over the last few weeks, and we're certainly aware of what the fans would like to see - it's the same as we'd like to see after all! Promotion is something we all desire. Obviously you're right that next week is a huge game in seeing that desire fulfilled, but we won't let that intimidate us. We'll come out fighting, and hopefully manage the league double over AATBV 2 - that's what we'll work towards."

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”