Xpert Eleven - Transfer Quetions/Advice

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Xpert Eleven - Transfer Quetions/Advice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Whizbang
See a potential star on the Transfer Market and unsure if he's worth the bid? Question about an SQ combo on a player? Just want some advice on what you should do about the Transfer Market in general? This is the perfect place to ask those questions and get advice from your peers. You ask it, we'll try to answer it as best as we can.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: Xpert Eleven - Transfer Quetions/Advice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Whilst through my nagging you've answered basically all of my transfer questions, I do have one loosely related question.

I think it was Cyph that mentioned to me that you take a penalty for having the squad average age too young. With this in mind, obviously there will always need to be a few older players kept within the team to keep said age up. But how impactful is that penalty? Is it something that should be avoided at all costs, or is it negligible enough that, should the average age fall to 21, will really make little difference to the squad's capabilities?

I should note that I am not planning for my average age to fall so low any time soon, just thought it would be an insightful question considering I'll be building a youthful squad ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Whizbang
Anubis wrote:Whilst through my nagging you've answered basically all of my transfer questions, I do have one loosely related question.

I think it was Cyph that mentioned to me that you take a penalty for having the squad average age too young. With this in mind, obviously there will always need to be a few older players kept within the team to keep said age up. But how impactful is that penalty? Is it something that should be avoided at all costs, or is it negligible enough that, should the average age fall to 21, will really make little difference to the squad's capabilities?

I should note that I am not planning for my average age to fall so low any time soon, just thought it would be an insightful question considering I'll be building a youthful squad ;)
I really dont' know about that. First I've heard of it. I'd love to know more as it would help clarify just what benefit you get from average age of the squad.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Cyphon88
I'll post a link to the Xpert guide I got that from. But from my experience it's broadly accurate.

The average age you're looking for your line ups is 26.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:22 am

Anubis
Site Admin
The average age for my main lineup this season is 25.09 - though another 17 year old will be added to that, likely dragging it down to maybe 24.5ish. Slightly lower than is ideal, but it will do I think - hopefully it being so close will mean the penalty is negligible.

On another note, just after my squad was mostly sorted tonight I recieved a Youth offer for an 18/4 ST with Header and Leader. Very frustrating, since I DO need another youthful Striker to ease the chronic age problems I have in that position (my strikers being 37/32/32/17). But with 5 youngsters to be in the team this season I don't really think I can afford to take him. And if I take him as a reserve until next season, I'm basically just wasting him and not developing him properly.

I think I may have to pass up on him. But would anyone advise a different course of action before I take it?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:40 am

Cyphon88
You could always accept him and sell him on.

Make a little money.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:You could always accept him and sell him on.

Make a little money.
That is true, I could do that and simply keep my squad at 19 members - would let me drop the 37 year old now rather than next season when he's likely to retire. That actually may be the best course of action.

Edit: I've done this. If he doesn't sell, I'll have a think again about what to do :) Thanks Cyph.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 am

Cyphon88
Hmmm. How much is a 20/D/6/Cool,Heading,Quick,Leader worth?

Bidding is up to 6.6 mil, and ends tonight. I had orginally set a limit of 6 mil each for my final three purchases, but this guy is tipping over and im in two minds as to whether he's worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Whizbang
Cyphon88 wrote:Hmmm. How much is a 20/D/6/Cool,Heading,Quick,Leader worth?

Bidding is up to 6.6 mil, and ends tonight. I had orginally set a limit of 6 mil each for my final three purchases, but this guy is tipping over and im in two minds as to whether he's worth it.
I'd never bid that much on a 20 year old for the simple fact that you might not see a visible skill change each year and the best years of development for a player is between 16-21. After that you really have to work the player and keep him in top form through the seasons to really get him up in skill. Now that's not to say that he won't develop because he certainly will. It's just that for that much dosh you could probably get a 16/3 or 16/4 which could easily reach 20/8 or 20/9 with enough patience and play. I try never to bid over 4m for those types of players because you never know what might happen in the latter stages of development. Just my 2c.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Cyphon88
Aye, he jumped up to near 9 Mil anyway. Im just looking at these players due to the fact they're the right age for the squad and it's a reasonable skill level to tie me over.

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”