X11 - Form Training Question

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

X11 - Form Training Question

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:44 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, this is probably something I should have picked up on and asked earlier, but it seems to have slipped me by until now.

Training - what exactly is it's effect? I know that it's to improve form, but how exactly does it do that. I have, for example, just finished a batch of training for my Pro League team, but the players that I trained don't seem to have increased their form by that much (if at all - can't be sure since I don't have the exact figures). But their arrows symbolising their Form Tendency have flipped to green across the board. So is that normal, or did I just get a bad batch of training?

I suppose the question really is what effects I should be looking for from training? Just a change in the FT, or a boost in form as well? I'm left wondering whether to order another batch of training for some of my players, but clearly that would be a pointless waste of econ if all that training is there to do is improve the FT. Help would be appreciated :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: X11 - Form Training Question

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Whizbang
Train when the arrows are red or below 10
Train your players at least when their form is below 10 or when the form trend is negative. Iwe wrote: 111If the player already has a positive hidden form tendency it's quite unnecessary to give the player a form training (unless the player has a very lousy form or if you want to strengthen the players average form)111. Triggsy remarked: 111Training is a toughy and it111s probably still the one part of the game I struggle with the most. I tend to get them into it when I start seeing red arrows but that does make saving quite hard. Its tough because its such an important aspect of the game, if you can keep your players in good form during the season the updates tastes all the more sweeter111.

RDFCHarry wrote that he trained when:

a player has low form compared to his age (age <20: anything below 18: age 21-25: anything below 16: age 26-29: anything below 14)
a player has high form but low average form
a player has a red arrow
a player has even the slightest dip in form, even without a red arrow
a player has just recovered from injury
a player is a brilliant prospect and I just feel like boosting his average form

Doomonyouall agreed with Harry. Remember, however, that training is not an independent factor of the game. Training costs money. Your training investments have to be balanced and in line with your overall budget 111 see earlier (the RDFCHarry/ Doomonyouall guidelines might lead to enormous training costs, because of the very high form they demand).
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: X11 - Form Training Question

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks Mech, that is a great help. In which case I shall restrict myself to the training of an essential batch of players that I know won't be getting replaced. Saving will be extremely important because of my need to bring up youth, but I think it's important considering the content of your post that I do not neglect the very youth I am trying to rear.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”