2011/2012 Fantasy English Premier League

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

2011/2012 Fantasy English Premier League

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Whizbang
It's about that time again folks! The new season is less than a month away and you know what that means.

I'll get about to starting up an SSX league for us all to join and take part in. Once I've had the chance to sort it out, I'll post details here for all.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy English Premier League

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Whizbang
The SSX League has been created.

Code to join this league: 44667-17827

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Isileth
Joined, going to give it a while before I even look at the team though. Still a lot of time for some big transfers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Whizbang
I've built my basic squad and as transfers happen I will revisit the squad and bring in/move out as necessary.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh, it's up already? Excellent.

I shall create my team soon - may be tonight, may be at the weekend :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Cyphon88
I've added my team, might have a few others join.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Reaps
I'm in (Jason). I'm a lot more hopeful about my fantasy team's prospects than my arsenal's this season. I've already had to switch RvP out because he's crocked...
Still here

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Played my wildcard this week to enable me to make 10 changes to my squad (12 if you count the two 'free transfers' I'd made last week too). Unfortunately, with 5 players injured and 2 more never likely to play (subs) I was in a horrific position and don't think I had any choice. The squad I had picked was ok when my first 11 all played, but I couldn't afford to spend 3 months waiting for them all to come back from injury whilst I floundered.

Now, 9 out of my first 11 are in the dream team (and Suarez is one of the two that isn't too!). I am very confident in my new squad's ability to deliver. Should finally be able to kick start my campaign!

Still though, whilst I've never lasted beyond the end of September without playing my wildcard yet this is early even for me. Disappointed that my hand has been forced so quickly due to injuries :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So, I think we're nearly (if not already) into the part of the season where we all get a limited edition transfer wildcard. Is anyone planning to make sweeping changes to their squad?

I've been pretty happy with mine since I did a non-wildcarded culling (cost me around 30 points iirc, but has proved well worth it since). Not sure I will be making major changes, though I may swap out one or two players over the next few weeks.

That said though, faren still seems to be absolutely running away with the title this year (where is he anyway? He needs to come by IRC and/or create a forum account), and I'm not sure I see that changing at this point. At least it isn't Isi this year though :p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Isileth
Really enjoying this season with the extra players. I'm actually doing a lot better than I have in previous seasons, so far ive gotten better each year, so I think we have a really competitive group. Having the extra competition has meant no one is running away or being left behind as well so it should be good all the way to the end.

I have already used my original wildcard but haven't thought about the january one yet. Will most likely save it till near the end of the window even if its just to switch out a lot of the lesser players who its often not worth spending your transfers on compared to the big guns.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So another season passes, and another set of results.

In an utterly incomprehensible and shameful outing by everyone else involved Isi has somehow managed to take the title AGAIN! This is starting to get ridiculous.

The final league table follows:

So congrats to Isi once again (I'm shaking my fist as I type this - any and all congratulations should be interpreted as anger and rage), and you'd all best start prepping for next season ;) Surely it has to be one of the rest of ours' turn then?

Also, on another note, are we going to do anything for the Euros this time round?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Isileth
Thank you, thank you. I hereby present myself with the coveted FPL trophy, which was conveniently already sitting on my desk....as it has been for the past 2 years.

This was the best season we have had yet, the extra players made sure everyone had someone close all the way to the end and the scores once again have been pushed even higher. Looking at my past seasons I ranked 508257 in the first and then 91476 in the second.
This time round I was 1648, and it was still close.

Hopefully the next one will be bigger and better still.

I would also be very interested in doing a Euros game, if that be a proper one or simply predicting on the forums as we did for the world cup.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:This time round I was 1648, and it was still close.
1648 in the world? Yikes! Next season you might even win the tickets at that rate! Nice one :) Think I finished around 90k in the world.

As for the Euros one, if Mech and Cyph (at least) are interested too I'll look into sorting something out. Forum based one should definately be doable as you say if there is no official alternative :)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Isileth
Yup considering there was almost 2.8 million players im quite happy with that :p

Perhaps most importantly though I finished #31 out of the Villa supporters. Thats front page of the list :)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 am

Whizbang
I'm interested in the Euros. Always up for a friendly bit of competition. :thumb:

<Isileth> Some dickhead

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”