Fantasy Euro 2012

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Fantasy Euro 2012

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, so since we seem to have decided that we want to run one of these again I've set us up a league over at the Sky Sports Fantasy European Championships site.

You can find the site, and create your team, here: http://fantasyfootballeuros.skysports.com/

It asks for a bit more info than the FPL does when you're signing up, but I just put in fake information and it seemed happy enough. Hope that works for everyone else too!

As for our league, you need both the name and a PIN number in order to join it. Those details follow:

Name: SSX Private League
PIN: 8018570

If anyone has any problems joining, let me know and I'll look into it. Otherwise, I look forward to beating you all in the tournament ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Fantasy Euro 2012

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:51 am

Isileth
Thanks I will sign up in a sec.

First thing I noticed was the really really crappy captain rule though. You can change it once per day, even between 2 matches and have it apply for both. That means due to timezones and *cough* peoplewithshittysleepingproblems *cough* there will be lots of points missed out on. Its a really silly rule, potentially 8 double points missed out on because you arent able to make a change in a 2 hour window.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think we can all agree that we won't change our Captain during the day once the first game has started, in order to make things fair :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Whizbang
Yeah, I have no intention of changing my captain once the day's matches have begun. Not like I'm vested in this beyond having a bit of fun with you guys.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
If any of you guys see Cyph before I do btw, make sure you get him to sign up. He has been notoriously absent of late!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Cyphon88
An 'lo, I was found and joined up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hope everyone's got their team sorted *cough* Isi :p

We start on our epic jounrey towards me winning a trophy tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Isileth
bleh yeah, currently 3:12pm. Should look into that I guess.

Be mighty embarrassing for you all if I went on to win though.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Isileth
double bleh make that 15 mins later because I couldn't for the life of me remember my pin or my details to recover it.

Also they seem to have got a lot of players in the wrong position. Certainly quite a few defenders incorrectly put down as midfielder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Free transfers until tomorrow, if people haven't noticed.

Take your chance to clear out those players whose teams got eliminated :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Isileth
*cough*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh right. I forgot about this after I lost all interest in the tournament (i.e. after Germany lost).

I'll update with standings etc later tonight :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, ok. Here we are then. Euro 2012 is now over, and we're all at the very least marginally suicidal over Spain being successful again. It's time for the final report on our SSX League.

HOWEVER, due to incessent prodding/gloating over his success, it has been decided that Isi has been disqualified from the tournament due to lack of general sportsmanship (demonstrated by his lack of willingness to share glory over the past several years re: the FPL). Therefore, congrats to Cyph on his very first title in an SSX League!

Grats man, you earned it ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Isileth
As Anny kindly pointed out on his own without me repeatedly reminding him to, I am once again forced to accept another massive trophy that I am about to have to present myself with.
Obviously I in no way want to point out this is the hat-trick, the grand slam, the ultimate domination of the ssx footballing world. Nor would I want to suggest that it would be appropriate to immortalise this success in some way, possibly a nice plaque.

However as its required of me I hear by present myself with a trophy equal to my achievements this season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
How long have you had that post waiting and ready to post? :p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Isileth
Only just wrote it after your post. I have been far to busy with the open top bus parade I went on. Im the best footballing achievement this city has had since Heskey got poached.
And I dont want to start any rumours but I did overhear the mayor talking about me replacing Gary Lineker as the cities favourite son.

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”