STR Fantasy Premier League 2015-2016

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

STR Fantasy Premier League 2015-2016

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Whizbang
We all know what time it is. Less then a month until the new season kicks off and the new STR Premier League starts!

Code to join this league: 458082-115530
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: STR Fantasy Premier League 2015-2016

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You beat me to this!

Just got back from holiday, but will signup in the next day or so. Looking forward to finally dethroning Isi!

yeah right...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:49 pm

NF
Arbiter
I love me some fantasy football :)
NF

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Everyone is so expensive this year...finding it really hard to build a team :blank:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:17 am

Isileth
Haven't even looked at the players yet, always seems to get harder every year with the pricing though.

All I know is this time I'm going to load up on Villa players like Delph and Benteke..... :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:38 am

Whizbang
Players this year was easy because I didn't focus on the real expensive ones. I went for players that produce points and were spread out amongst the clubs. I only have 2 players from 2 clubs and the rest are nicely mixed. I even have £1m left over should I need to change a player or two before the start of the season. :thumb:

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 pm

NF
Arbiter
Isileth wrote:Haven't even looked at the players yet, always seems to get harder every year with the pricing though.

All I know is this time I'm going to load up on Villa players like Delph and Benteke..... :(
Bentekes move makes him quite interesting now. At least for the start of the season
NF

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Isileth
Shit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Whizbang
Less than 24hr until the start of the season. If you haven't built your squads yet, time to get yer arse moving! :cool:

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Isileth
The fact that the Ashes is on right now is not helping me.

Also I am suddenly realising I paid near zero attention during the preseason as I honestly don't even know the players Villa and Leicester have signed let alone all the other teams.

*Edit*

If someone could lend me £2 that would be super.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Finished my team last night!

Why did you remind Isi Mech...we could have had a week's headstart if he forgot...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Isileth
And its yearly panic time again when once again I'm far too tired to be trying to put together my team. Cant tell if im trying to be too greedy or its just really hard to make everyone fit in this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It is really hard this year, in honesty. Everyone I know who is playing has struggled.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:27 pm

NF
Arbiter
Wow.. this was a terrible opening day for my FF team.. 6pts total and, more annoyingly, I've got 21pts sat on my bench..
NF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Whizbang
13 points with 6 to play. Here's hoping tomorrow and Monday bring me the goodies.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Officially suicidal looking at my score. And that's why studiously ignoring the actual scorelines.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Played my wildcard. I made it to September this year! New record!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:11 am

Isileth
I am officially having my worst ever season so far, really just haven't been invested in football yet this year. Ignored the pre season and I keep missing most of the games and even a couple of the MotDs.

Just given up on Villa because watching a club die due to financial issues is boring and sad and *redacted* (I never said anything of note here, no one can prove otherwise)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Villa under Sherwood have been good so far though! You not liking what he's done with the team?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:02 am

Isileth
*Redacted* (I didn't say anything interesting here either...) In a very short space of time all the players I knew suddenly disappeared and the team totally changed. Plus as I said, watching a team suffer due to financial mismanagement gets pretty tiring.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think we need to consider an automatic 500 point deduction from Isi next season.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:16 am

Isileth
I do feel that in such an amazing season of football where the top teams have all failed and the ultimate underdogs have won the title that its very important for there to be some stability to anchor everything and give a sense of perspective on it all.

Besides Anny, Leicester won at 5000-1 odds, yours are surely only a little bit worse to win next year, that should bring you some hope.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'll put £1 on it at those odds, not missing out on a payout twice :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:51 am

Whizbang
I honestly believe that Isi knows someone over at the FPL league and is in cahoots to deny us our glory. I mean, I was on top at one point with a few hundred points to spare...now I'm struggling to beat Anubis by a few points and remain in 4th while Isi is now a few hundred points ahead of me. It's a conspiracy I tell you! A CONSPIRACY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Isileth
You know, the fact that year after year I have to present the trophy to myself really does make you guys look like a bunch of sore losers. Sure each year I already have the trophy so from a logistics perspective it is easier for me to just present it to myself but really you guys need to be putting together some sort of ceremony otherwise it just makes you look bad. But enough of that, this is a time for great celebration.

Few men are built of the stuff it takes to win the STR Fantasy Premier League, to lift the trophy is a reward saved for only those of great character and resolve, to be born of such ability along with the drive and motivation required for this immense achievement is truly a once in a generation gift. It just so happens that I was the one chosen for this gift.

To win once is a life defining event, to win twice is to be assured your place in sporting history, to win three times elevates you above all men who have come before, to win four times raises you above all yet to come, to win five times is surely beyond any mere mortals ability, to win six times is frankly just getting silly, but to win seven times...to win seven times in a row...who could even dream of such a thing?

The seventh FPL trophy is mine!

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”