NFl

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

NFl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 pm

NF
Arbiter
Know it's the wrong type of football but was wondering if anyone here plays Fantasy NFL? I'm a bit of an addict and the new season is on the horizon..
NF

Re: NFl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Fraid I don't follow American Football enough to join in on this one I'm afraid :(

Bar occasionally watching the Wembley games when there's nothing else on, the sport isn't really my thing.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:01 pm

NF
Arbiter
Oh I don't follow it for the actual games - it's just a fascinating Fantasy game to play with so many stats to obsess over..

The game format has recently shown up for the EPL as well so will be interesting to see if it takes off: http://www.dugoutfc.com
NF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Whizbang
I do follow American Football since it is on after regular football where I live so my Sunday's are jammed full of sports sport sports! If you have a league you participate in, feel free to let me know and I'll join in.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 am

NF
Arbiter
Great stuff :)

Unfortunately it would need to be a new league (my existing leagues have already kicked off the new season) which means we would either need at least 6 other people or we need to join an open league and play with some randoms.

I'm up for the latter but we'll need to make sure it has a draft time we can both attend.. I'll try and catch you in chat one evening this week :)
NF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 am

amyacker
I keep trying to play the highest scoring matchups with decent players. Looking at the stats to see which position is given the most points. Nothing is working on fanduel or draftkings.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:40 pm

NF
Arbiter
Yeah I wouldn't rely on the stats that those sites give you, the DFS games are all about differentiation. You pick the 4-5 big hitters that everyone has (i.e. Mike Evans/Zeke Elliot last week) who have favourable match ups and are scoring consistently.. then try and fill the rest of your team with cheaper punts who are might be filling in for injured players.

Unless you're just lucky I'm afraid the NFL daily play sites require quite a bit of homework to stand a chance of grabbing a prize. Check out www.fantasypros.com as well as it consolidates all of the fantasy advice in one place so you don't have to go hunting all over the internet for it.

Oh and try and stick with the 50/50 games while you get the hang of it as they offer a higher chance of winning :)
NF

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”