FM 2016

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

FM 2016

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Whizbang
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/07/ ... n=Blogroll

Liking some of the added features. Hoping they keep it up and do more needed additions/upgrades, like improved game engine. :thumb:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: FM 2016

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not so sure about them splitting FM Classic into its own release...feels like they're trying to rip me off. I'll buy that because I never play the full game, but feel like I'm getting half the content this year...

I am due for a change though. 14 is getting old and I didn't get 15!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:38 am

Whizbang
If you never played the full game then buying/playing FM Classic is perfect as you aren't getting all the additional fluff that the other game is providing and it's ensuring for your money you are getting exactly what you want. For me? Bring on FM16! I didn't buy 14/15 so I'm due for a new game.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
But I like having it there though. It's like...last time I bought it I paid £30 for both. Now I'm paying £30 for one half. Just disappointing.

I do kind of agree though - think I'm about ready for a new version too!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:12 am

Isileth
What I would hope if they are splitting them off is that they might actually start to develop the main game again. Clearly the last few versions have been spent adding and tweaking the new mode with little but visual changes to the full game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:45 pm

M.Steiner
This game was including in one of the deals I posted in the deals thread last week (though didn't post for FM specifically) but for those of you who missed it:

Football Manager 2016 | £20.98
· Use: "SEP-COUPMAIL-PRE25" at checkout for the above price.

I think the code expires on the 30th (Sep) but I'm not 100% certain of that. This is £35 on Steam & Amazon :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks MS - I hadn't seen that yet, so appreciate the tip :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:22 am

Isileth
I have just seen some images of the "new features" they are starting to tout.

Here is the team tactics page: http://i.imgur.com/ZMZ6Bhm.jpg

And the brand new set piece page: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COTdX-xVAAQFnqB.png

Now what you may notice is there is not a single new or changed options in either of those, once again they have just changed some colours and moved everything around.
That means since the release where they removed the slider bars there hasn't been one single change to that side of the game so I am looking set to be disappointed if this is what they are advertising as the new features they have added.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Whizbang
Disappointed or not, I've put in my pre-order via GMG for FM16. I need a new one and this one hopefully keeps me entertained.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Kon
Unless there's a new match engine, I'm not too excited by the new changes. Especially as, like Anubis, I prefer the more streamlined Classic mode. The FM games are infamous for their buggy releases, so instead of taking a chance on FM16, I instead went and grabbed FM15 while it was $12 on GMG. I played the demo extensively last fall, but the bugs had kept me from paying full price at the time.

I know not everyone is a cheap-ass like me though. FM16 is still likely to be a great game at its core, and a good buy for those who didn't jump for 15. I'll be interested to see how they handle the spinning off of Classic mode.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”