Rodgers Out

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Rodgers Out

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:05 am

Whizbang
So then....Brendan Rodgers is gone with the touted next in line to be Jurgen Klopp. I, as a Liverpool supporter, am excited about what the next chapter holds. What are your thoughts, if you care at all?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: Rodgers Out

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:25 am

Isileth
I don't think he was to blame frankly.

By the sounds of it he wasn't given proper control over the signing of new players, had players purchased he didn't want and then they sold their best players. Whats left should have done better but I think the team was flattered by their results when they had Suarez and it covered their flaws and set unreasonable expectations. Now they have a poor defence, a midfield full of players that don't seem to fit together and a much weaker strike force.

Next manager, especially assuming its a big name will surely only come in if they get full control over the team and some spending money so it will most likely help in that regards. They are going to have a lot of mediocre players on high wages littering the club for a while though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm very surprised he's gone now. It makes no sense at all - why was he given £70m to spend in the summer if he was 10 games away from the sack? Bad management of the situation for my money.

I also feel very bad for him not being allowed to say his goodbyes, and best left to soldier onto the international break despite them already having decided to sack him. It reeks of how Chelsea got rid of Ancelloti a few years ago.

Had he taken Liverpool as far as he could? Maybe, it's hard to say right now - I don't think he could be judged until after Christmas when the new players had settled in personally. But he's the best manager you've had in 25 years and deserved a little better imo.

As for Klopp, the idea of him going to anywhere in the PL but Arsenal is sickening to me honestly. I'd be devastated if you got him, as he's my dream manager. By far and away the best candidate for the job though, it has to be said.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:05 am

Whizbang
I agree that Rodgers wasn't given enough time this season to bed in his new players but I'm not going to feel bad that he's gone. I've suffered enough with the poor football played on the pitch and the horrible pre/post-match interviews.

And all the rumors going around say Klopp in by Friday. Here's to hoping that's the case so we can move on and hopefully upward.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:58 am

Whizbang

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Utterly devastated, I was a street over from him on Friday night too, as he was out drinking Stella unbeknownst to everyone. Gutted I didn't see him!

Got my Liverpool shirt on order...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Whizbang
I must say that his interviews has me excited once again about LFC. He seems genuine in his intent and belief that he can shape Liverpool back into a football club worthy of the name. Here's to hoping that he's able to bring about what he says he can.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:08 pm

Whizbang
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was awesome.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
These are gold :lol:

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”