Transfer Deadline Day 2016/17

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Transfer Deadline Day 2016/17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So the famous deadline day is here again, and everyone here in the UK is glued to Jim White's smug visage and wondering why we've not seen Harry Redknapp leaning out of his car window yet today.

Since it's been challenging to get us all in IRC at the same time lately, I'm curious how everyone is feeling about their club's window/day so far?

As usual, I'm obviously pretty unhappy as an Arsenal fan. Not addressed any of the areas we need to as usual, despite the Xhaka signing. At least we got Wilshere off the the wage bill though, but how he managed to cheat his way successfully through a medical I'll never know. There's a wild rumour going round that we're trying to loan Sturridge though, and if that turns out to happen I'll lose my mind - replacing one never fit waste of money with another!!!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Transfer Deadline Day 2016/17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Whizbang
Transfer deadline was rubbish. We got rid of Balotelli so that's a huge plus but we failed to bring in a quality left back and we're still lacking true wingers. Add to that Klopp's desire to play a 4-3-3 with no strikers....well, let's just say that I pray he knows what he's doing because I sure as hell don't.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I actually quite enjoyed it, even if we did nothing! A lot of comings and goings this year made it quite busy and interesting.

Sissoko should be ashamed of himself after his behaviour though, disgusted with him and feel for Everton (though I know you won't Mech ;) ).

Also, if you already lost faith with Klopp, I'll be glad if we take him off your hands :p
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 am

amyacker
Koeman considering January loan move for Depay. What say you, Blues? Personally I'm for it. Think he's an unused talent.

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”