Patch 1.2 to roll out next week, apparently

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Patch 1.2 to roll out next week, apparently

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:19 pm

M.Steiner
These are not final yet but: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056 ;)
Just looking through them now. It's freaking huge lol.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Patch 1.2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:37 pm

M.Steiner
Few of us were talking about the pvp gear changes in 1.2 earlier this evening, here are a couple of helpful links to understand it all.

PvP Gearing in 1.2 <- This covers more or less everything.
Preparing for Patch 1.2
Your old PvP Commendations in 1.2
New PvP/PvE armour models for 1.2 (new War Hero)
War Hero gear stats

So Centurion/Champion gear will no longer be available in 1.2 and will be replaced with the "recruit" set which can be bought with credits. This set will have higher expertise bonus than both old centurion & champion however stat wise the champion gear will remain superior. If you're already wearing a champion set come 1.2 or you have some pieces in your inventory none of it will be downgraded, it just won't be available anymore to the people who hadn't already acquired it. Like some of the landspeeders they're removing from vendors.

They're doing away with the commendations for battlemaster etc and instead you'll be able to buy those pieces with warzone commendations. It won't matter whether you're actually a battlemaster or not anymore as it won't require valor rank ~ Warzone daily/weekly will reward warzone comms now too instead of champ/bm bags.
annnd then there's the new war hero (rated/unrated) gear which the first link covers too.

Quite a few changes ^^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Ash
Cheers MS,

Still not impressed with armour design though, seems to be going the WoW route of bigger shoulder pads are best.

:shake:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:41 pm

M.Steiner
Yeah, agreed. It's not that they look terrible or anything, well, some of the Republic gear looks like crap and so does the Agent PvP (where are our long jackets???). It's just that the majority of these designs don't fit the SW setting at all.
The Warrior PvP gear looks quite cool & fitting but even with that I'm not sure about the spikes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Whizbang
Any idea when 1.2 is going to be pushed out? I'd like to see it before my sub expires.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 pm

M.Steiner
Mechanus wrote:Any idea when 1.2 is going to be pushed out? I'd like to see it before my sub expires.
They're aiming to release 1.2 in early April and they've already put that out on the PTS for players to help test and give feedback. Unless they feel it still needs some polishing or changes here and there it should only be a few weeks away now. Expansion packs aside it's a pretty huge patch indeed.
And I hope you'll decide to renew that sub. You haven't finished the agent storyline, gotten to lvl 50 or done any high level flashpoints with us yet! :thumb:
:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:59 pm

M.Steiner
Was just looking at these. Legacy armour.
Haven't looked through all of them yet but I like the designs of the Agent & Marauder Birthright /Exalted sets so much more than the new PVP & PVE ones. If I've understood the page right the Exalted & Renowned versions will be custom gear so we could mod them at 50 if we wanted, right?. I think some (or maybe all?) are recolours made modable but I still prefer em, may just do that with my operative!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:47 pm

SSX-Andy
I'm not impressed to be honest. At least I won't have to grind my valor any higher.

Think I'll stay in ME for a bit longer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Is there a date on this yet? I just ordered a new gametime card today (as my account expired last week, and I'm about ready to get back ingame and roll an alt now) but am wondering looking at this whether it might be worth my waiting for 1.2 to hit before I register the card.

If it's still some unforseen distance away within the nether, then I won't bother waiting ;) Just figured if it was due a week on Tuesday or something that a few more days might not hurt!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:07 pm

M.Steiner
No solid date but they'll make sure people know when it's coming with lots of promotion you can be sure of that.
It is/was planned for this month but I highly doubt it'll be this coming tuesday for the reason above. Maybe the 17th, if not then the 24th. Unless they delay it a bit longer to polish it up depending on PTS feedback.
If they have some business sense they'll release it around the time that some players subs need renewing.

Hopefully not long now either way :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 am

M.Steiner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVMHpTVPwoA&t=17m12s

Tuesday is listed as web only maintenance so perhaps Thursday? :)

Re: Patch 1.2 to roll out next week, apparently

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:38 pm

M.Steiner
1.2 has been confirmed to be hitting the live servers on thursday (12th) :thumb:
http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-mai ... il-12-2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks for the heads up :)

In which case, I'll hold off applying my gamecard until this weekend most likely!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Did anyone get caught by the patching bug yesterday? Just been reading about it this evening and it does not sound good at all - people having to redownload the entire 11GB client :blank:

Quite glad I decided to wait on redeeming now!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Ash
Nope Anny, patched fine for me today.
900Mb or so.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:13 pm

M.Steiner
The patch downloaded & installed just fine for me too. :)
Bought us a guild bank earlier today but will set some cash withdraw limits once there's actually some credits in there and I know what to set it as. Can buy more storage for 1mil or so too.

Love the UI changes already. Could still do with a few extra skill bars so I can customize my interface even further (like medpacs/stims etc all to one "box" etc) but this is a great start.
Only played the new warzone once so far so that'll take some getting used to but the map itself looks very nice and this will be a welcome addition into the rotation.

:thumb: - High res character textures enabled. Check

Oh and love the legacy class buffs. Multiple characters who have completed chapter 2?. I have a 50 Operative & 50 Marauder so when I use Unnatural Might (warrior class buff) it also buffs me (and my party/op group) with Coordination (agent class buff) and vice versa. Very sexy. Need to make a BH & Inquisitor at some point!

Will explore more of it tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Ash
I threw some armourtech/ synthweaving schematics into the bank.
I'll add high end armour plating/ mods as they become available since as of this minute
it is easier to just buy the Recruit PvP armour when you hit 50.
They have slightly better armour stats than my current craftable items.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
When I drop in over the weekend to roll my Agent, I'll drop all the remaining Companion Gifts I have in the bank. Hopefully they'll be of use to some people going forward :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 am

M.Steiner
Our first bank vault (which came with the initial 600k purchase) is now full so I've bought us a second one for 1m. Not sure how fast that will fill up but a third will cost 2mil which would almost clear my main character out. Needless to say I've left it at two for now.
If that fills up as well and you guys think we need another feel free to deposit some cash in the bank and if/when it reaches the 2m mark I'll withdraw it and use it to purchase a third vault for us.

Nice to actually have some cash sinks now I guess! :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Lee
much appreciated MS. i was going to ask but didnt see you in game after i filled up the rest of the 1st and started on the second.

*starts a queue for daily money grinding*
Eeks.

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”