Rakghoul event *spoilers*

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Rakghoul event *spoilers*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 am

NF
Arbiter
In case you havent seen it yet there was an event on sunday night - unsure how long it will be running but theres dailys so worth checking out. Basic story is that Tattoine has been quarantined due to a plague and you're to go there and dispatch as many infected people as possible.

MS and Ash did most of the hard work but this is what we gleaned from the night:

Tracking the origin:

Brief summary below - more detail available at http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?artic ... in-quest-2 with pics.

First off you have to find three events in Mos Iila:

- First click a television at the starport entrance 617, 3536
- Secondly click a escape pod lodged in a wall 451, 3065
- Third go click a box by the Cantina 566, 2781

Then pick up "Tracking the Origin" at 754, 463

Stardream fragments can then be found at these locations:

Dunesea:
-2030, -1890
-2409, -756
-1391, 446

Southern Jundland:
1796, 603
1096, 725
304, 257
1093, -410
-500, -327

Northern Jundland:
744, -2548
759, -912
1196, -1266
-595, -1443

Then just follow the waypoints. You get a rakghoul pet as a reward.

Plaguebearer:

Mission is to infect 10 people by:

- Blowing up near uninfected people
- Die during PvP when you get killed. Possibly only works with stage 2 infection (glowing eyes) dont know if this will also work during stage 1

I've not confirmed the PvP one so if anyone can confirm this is right.

Worth noting that once you hit feverish you will explode 10 minutes later.

You get 4.3k credits and 5 vaccines for the Q.

Probably got some wrong so shout up if I have. :D
NF

Re: Rakghoul event *spoilers*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:55 am

M.Steiner
Also to start the other quest chain take a taxi to Mos Anek and head a little north of there in the dune sea. You'll come across a wreckage which will trigger a new daily "Area" quest. :thumb:
[Some more info here on the event too]

Must say this was a really nice surprise to logon to today. News alerts all over the fleet, containment troopers, revisiting Tatooine to new quests and sights etc. Handled brilliantly by BioWare. Can't wait to see what else they come up with in the future if this is anything to go by.
Not sure if this infection is going to start speading to other planets and open up new quest chains and rewards on those too but I guess we'll find out. :D

ImageImage
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:02 am

NF
Arbiter
Just north of the quest MS posted is a vendor on the top of a hill where you can spend your hard earned DNA samples
NF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 pm

M.Steiner
Was just reading the official forums to see where we get the other pieces of the containment officer gear (the blood sample quest we did has the boots as a reward if you remember). Apparently a new quest has appeared at the wreckage site called Passenger List (this rewards the gloves). Seems like yesterday was only the beginning, how cool :D
Will confirm it myself later tonight when I login!

Also to go with the handy guide NF posted for the Tracking the Origin quest, there's one over here which has some piccies of the locations too. http://dulfy.net/2012/04/15/how-to-get- ... gin-quest/ :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This looks really cool - I'll have to try and get ingame this week when I get some time (maybe Wednesday) and have a look at this content. Glad to hear you guys had a lot of fun, and cheers for the guide NF :thumb:

Also, I hope someone has some pics for the Gallery ;D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:05 pm

M.Steiner
Another new quest added today apparently. It's called "Hybrid Strain" and triggers when killing infected sandpeople in the same area as Outbreak and Blood Sample. This one rewards the pants. :)
Will go check it out later!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:46 pm

M.Steiner
Today's new quest is "Pure Virus Sample". Should be able to pick it up at the main wreckage location by clicking on a shipping manifest, this one rewards the helmet.

Also 2 things to note - For those of you who want to start these event quests and haven't done so yet (Anny?) I would suggest starting asap. To explain.. This event has kinda been progressing in real time and every day a new quest has appeared. However. From my understanding when each new quest is enabled you have to have completed the previous days quest on the previous day for it to trigger, meaning if you started doing the quests on tuesday without doing monday's quest on monday, you may need to wait until wednesday until tuesdays quest shows up for you. I can't confirm whether this is infact true or not because I've been following the event every day since it started but this is what I've read from people on the forums so thought I'd mention it. Sooo I'd start them as soon as you can if you want in as who knows how many "extra" days they'll give to allow catchup or whatever so don't leave it too late just to be sure. :)

The event will end in 6 days (Tuesday 24TH at 8am BST) :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I probably won't be able to get to this until Saturday sadly. I'd been hoping to get some time in this afternoon, as it's a website launch day at work and therefore I have the afternoon off since I went in at an ungodly hour. However, my tiredness is so much that the idea of running around in TOR doesn't really appeal to me at all - especially when I've been out of the game for a few months and thus may be a little rusty (with my 6 skills).

We'll see - if I can find time I'll drop in before then, but if not it'll definately be Saturday. I really appreciate your updates though, as it's really interesting to follow what they're doing :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:40 pm

M.Steiner
Today's quest is "Newly Infected". There's a datapad over near the sandpeople (Outbreak quest area) which you can click to accept this quest so I have read. The reward for this is either chest piece or belt. So this will likely be the final new quest of the event I would imagine, at least for this gear. Since each new quest won't trigger for you unless you've done the day befores, today will probably be the last day one should leave starting these quests if they want the full containment officer outfit. As counting today that should leave exactly enough time for the other quest to trigger for you each day and get the other set pieces before the event ends on Tuesday. Going by that starting this event any later than today would leave you short on the gear pieces as the event will end before all the quests have appeared for you. Once the event ends you won't be able to acquire them by other means either.

I know Anny isn't planning to login until the weekend now and so won't have enough time to complete all of the event quests and finish collecting this set, but he probably isn't fussed about the outfit anyway. This is just a heads up for anyone who is, don't delay. :thumb:

Hopefully this will have been the first of many surprises they've got in store for us, has been a great event. :)

[Edit] Oh, just read this on the official forums which confirms what I thought lol:
We wanted to strongly urge citizens to begin their Blood Sample mission tomorrow (the 19th) at the latest. This is a progressive daily mission, with the next mission in the mission chain unlocking the day after completing the first stage and so on. If you want to be able to obtain all of the rewards for this mission chain, tomorrow will be your last day to begin the sequence. As a reminder, daily missions reset at 7AM CDT (5AM PDT/8AM EDT/1PM BST/2PM CEST/10PM AEST).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:20 am

M.Steiner
Well, there's only a matter of hours now before this comes to a close. I hope everyone enjoyed TOR's first event? I know I sure did!. Still got to make one final trip to Jeelvic the Jaw's shop before bed...
It's been really great having some new quests to do with you guys each day and generally just a refreshing change to have this storyline event sprung on us. Well done to BioWare :)

For those of you interested - I took a handful of piccies throughout the event which I've just finished uploading to our gallery here. As per the screenshot sticky, if you have any you want adding too just let us know.
I'm sure they have more events lined up or at least I'd like to hope so. Halloween would probably be a good guess though maybe they'll do another during the summer?. I shall look forward to the next one ;D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Didn't manage to get to this after all, as I forgot that both MLG and Dreamhack were on last weekend which took up all my time.

I am glad that you guys had a lot of fun though :) Those pics look great too - thanks for adding them to the Gallery!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:11 am

M.Steiner
Shame you couldn't come join us but not to worry!. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities :thumb:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/26/star-wa ... se-events/ ;D

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”