USA players and transfers

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

USA players and transfers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Chimera
So I'm not sure how many USA players are still playing, but my wife and I are currently playing on Bondar Crystal (PvP server). With the server transfer coming up, we'll probably be transferring to another server. Now the developers have said that certain servers will be "transfer" servers and certain ones "destination" servers. There's a lot of horseshit that goes along with this (including guild banks and so on) but I'll post here if we end up transferring and to what server in case we want to coordinate efforts. I'd like to transfer my operative off Bloodworthy but my gut tells me is that going from EU to USA is going to be a no-go, but we'll see.

The guild I'm with seems to be about the right amount of hardcore and casual that the SSX maintains, so if anyone does end up transferring I'm sure we could include you.

Anyway, drop me a line if you care to. Character name is Derffe
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Re: USA players and Transfers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:25 pm

M.Steiner
Have they released a list of the servers that will be included yet?
Depending whether we're (Bloodworthy) included or not this could either have a really good outcome or a really bad one depending on if we're a "transfer" or "destination". If we're included and they let too many people transfer off our server to go elsewhere our sever pops will be even worse than they are now....
They should have done server merges first imo but since these are what we're getting I am hoping that if we are included it's as a destination server for people to move to, not leave. There's no plans to migrate the SSX anywhere else (at least atm) so I'd hate to think that by them possibly allowing transfers out that our server could end up much worse than it is atm :/

Anyway, I just hope to hell they know what they're doing.:blank:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hope the transfers go smoothly for you if you end up being affected on the server you're now playing on. As MS says, I think there's a lot of risk in the system that might end up either improving things or just making the population situation worse...

Is anyone that is still playing on Bloodworthy thinking of transferring? Would hope that we'd be able to keep together those of us that are still playing. Unless everyone else goes, I'll be staying put.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:22 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Is anyone that is still playing on Bloodworthy thinking of transferring?
I hadn't even considered it tbh with you. Bloodworthy was not only one of the early access servers but we were one of the most heavily populated ones at release too. I'm sure you all remember our queues (which I did say not to stress about as they'd be a thing of the past in no time :p). By right we should become a destination server if anything. The alternative does worry me though as they could make matters worse.
Also transfering server would be no easy task when we're thinking about the guild here. There isn't an automated function which would move us over as a group so if we did decide to it would mean reforming the entire guild on the new server. Thankfully we'd get to keep our guild bank by the sounds of it (I am assuming it means all slots and contents), which I'd have been pissed otherwise as I've spent millions just on expanding the vaults for that and working towards a 4th one with the help of a few other donators, though we'd have to contact customer services for this and then wait for them to re-grant it.

Anyhow, the first list of servers are up - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706
US
East - PVE - Keller's Void -> Jedi Covenant
East - PVP - Hedarr Soongh -> The Fatman
West - PVE - Soresu ->The Harbinger
West - PVP - Rakata Mind Prison -> The Bastion

EUROPE
PVE - Stereb Cities ->The Jedi Tower
PVE - Eye of Ashlanae -> The Red Eclipse
PVE - Phateem Halls of Knowledge -> Mantle of the Force
PVP - The Restoration Zone -> Jar'Kai Sword
PVP - The Shadow Runner -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd
PVP - Mecrosa Order -> Darth Nihilus

Which answers the OP too.
PVP > PVP, PVE > PVE, US East > US East, US West > US West, EU > EU.
No going from US > EU, PVP > PVE or any different combination. Destination server type & location has to match the origin server you're transfering from if they continue this way. Makes sense.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Ash
Bloodworthy does not seem to be involved so far.

The US Jedi Covenant (PvE) is a destination server so may work out well for my Republic alts.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”