[Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

[Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:55 am

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
FS..

Bloodworthy --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Bloodworthy is now one of (so far) 20 origin servers open to transfers to Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Our server population is guaranteed to drop even more now, question is by how much... :shake:
Will have to see just how much damage they've done with this over the next few days but worst case scenario they may have just killed what little pvp action there was left.

Why they couldn't have started with merging servers I do not know. Had they gone that route nobody would have had to move themselves, no servers would have been left even worse off and guilds wouldn't have to disband and reform themselves elsewhere in order to move as a group. Sure they'll fix server pops on the "destination" servers by doing this and give players the choice to move if they want but servers like ours had pretty crap populations to start with and by them doing this they'll have made matters worse for those who choose to stay.
Perhaps they'll merge some of these servers they've left for dead once they've finished with the manual transfers or something but right now this just seems stupid. :smack:

Do we move? stay? see how things go?
If we stay:
Our server could be left pretty much dead depending how many Bloodworthy players decide to leave. Those of us who pvp or join random flashpoint groups will be most affected if that happens. PvP games are already limited to certain times of the day now before the queues for the next game become longer to never ending. Unless BioWare open transfers TO our server later on or they merge our left over servers which have been made worse from the transfers our population is only going to get lower and this is something we can't guarantee they'll do.

If we move we will have to:
1. Clean our guild bank out and hold its contents across our characters that are transferring.
2. Completely disband our guild on Bloodworthy.
3. Each of us manually transfer ourselves over to Tomb of Freedon Nadd.
4. Reform our guild on the new server; 4 player party needed to create a guild and then we'd have to start reinviting everyone, losing inactive people from Bloodworthy in the process who may one day return or choose to stay.
5. Contact customer services to get our guild bank back.

Character and Legacy names may already be taken too and if so those people would have to rename themselves upon transferring. Guild names too though I can't see anyone else running around as the Shattered Star eXiles.

What does everyone think?
Moving over as a guild is not automatic like it should be but actually sounds like a pain in the arse. Do we want to basically delete what we've built on Bloodworthy and risk losing people in the process who may be inactive and possibly come back at some point to find us gone, or may just want to stay.
Wait and see how our bad our population is affected by this first? but what if we miss our opportunity and they shut them off?
Or stay where we are regardless and hope they have further plans to fix populations for the servers they've screwed?.


I don't like any of this really :/
Will be honest. I've been wondering whether I will renew my 6 month sub when it expires in mid August but I've still got another 2 months to decide so I may still be around after then, will have to see.
Besides our group, its members and playing for the class stories on my 2 characters it has been the pvp scene which has kept me entertained most days since Dec. Some months ago I could queue for a warzone anytime from just before lunch time to the early hours of the morning, any day of the week. Right now it all depends. If you're on at the right time you can only be waiting a couple of minutes for a game which is fine, otherwise I've seen queues of up to 40minutes at times. When it gets late now it basically cuts off and the queues are endless because there aren't enough people left to form any games. - Our population is about to drop even further now so I dread to think what this will be like when I login tomorrow and the next day. If they've managed to kill the pvp community by opening these transfers I'll basically have nothing to do and I can't see myself playing very often from this point on if that's the case, which would obviously lead to me not renewing my sub in Aug. - That being said come August I may be completely bored/burned out and not resub even if we DO move. Dunno yet.

Staying put and waiting to see if they come back and fix what damage they've most likely done by doing this is an option too I suppose, merging us with some of the others or something. Normally I have a lot of faith in BioWare and I'd be able to say with confidence that I thought they'd do something like that but I was expecting them to make us a destination server rather than an origin one so how wrong was I.
I dunno if they've announced when they'll be closing these transfers? but my only worry with this is that we hold off to wait and see, pop goes to shit and then they shut the transfers off before we've moved or are in the process of doing.

Moving.... Not automatic, very inconvenient, lose people along the way etc. Is it worth it?. Is the destination server guaranteed to be better?. If they allow too many people to transfers will we start seeing queues again? or, which I think is more likely, will they be keeping tabs on them and shut the transfers for that particular server before they reach that point? what if some of us haven't transferred yet? It is also pretty shitty that they've given guilds no warning what so ever as to whether their server would be affected or not so I'd say we should decide sharpish as transfers are already underway and unless I am mistaken we don't know just how long these will be open for. :/


Dunno what is best :smack: :confused:
/sighface!



[Edit - Ok well normally from around 1pm the pvp queues are just as active as they are on an evening because this is the time that dailies reset. Today? Just 45mins after the reset there are literally only 3 people on the fleet and not one game being run either. Will login again tonight to see what it's like but as it looks now our server is dead. Tomb of Freedon Nadd however is marked as "heavy".
I've just posted this as news on our site and changed the MOTD ingame to get people to come by and comment]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm

User avatar
Chimera
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:52 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:
I don't play on Bloodworthy any more but I will say that they opened up server transfer from Bondar Crystal to Prophecy of Five and its been great. Theres 3 instances of the fleet with 200+ people in them. The game feels like an MMO now. There is now some actual threat of getting attacked when you are leveling/doing your daily's. Queues for PvP that had been 10-20 minutes are gone, replaced by having 60+ people in the Pit at once. Guilds are recruiting like mad, and people are LFG all the time.

The only bit I don't like is that the sense of the community is gone. Because the population was so low on the server (20 ppl on the fleet at any time could be considered Heavy), everyone knew everyone else. The new population influx has piqued my interest, so I'll probably be sticking around through 1.3.

I won't say that you have to move, but in my opinion if you don't you'll probably just be playing with yourselves...
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:39 pm

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
For me.. If they had implemented a proper guild migration tool instead of having to disband, reform and reinvite or at least stated their future plans for servers like ours which they've made worse in the process it wouldn't have been as difficult a decision tbh. It is a much easier choice and moving process when the only person one has to consider is themselves :sweat:

I've logged in a handful of times over the last 4-5 hours and there has never been more than 5 people on the feet at any one time and by the looks of it no warzones have been running all afternoon either. If it's the same this evening I don't think these transfers they've given us a really optional anymore unless we want to play on a ghost town.
I don't particularly want us to have to wipe what we have built on Bloodworthy and then reform and take however long getting everyone reinvited again but it looks like we may be practically playing by ourselves if we don't.
Bah...
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 pm

User avatar
Anubis
Site Admin
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: The Unholy Realm
Contact:
I won't go unless everyone else goes.

I must admit that I can't say I'm unhappy with Bloodworthy being quiet if I am honest. Less people to interrupt me whilst playing the story, no worry about getting ganked (which got me so frustrated on certain planets when I was levelling my Inquisitor), it's actually been pretty great playing my Agent with things as they are. I think I prefer it quiet to be truthful, and I wouldn't be upset should the population decline further for that reason.

Having said that, I am more than aware that there are those of you (like MS for example) who do more than just play solo story content. If the majority concensus is that a move would be preferred, I would not stand in the way of us transferring because of my own desire for quiet (and yes, I would come along for the ride too). The most important thing is that everyone is happy, so if people want to transfer then I will support that.

What I won't do though is go if we're leaving people behind and thus splitting up the guild. I think that's absolutely the wrong thing to do, and would not be a part of it.

Whether or not it's a good thing or not for the server is really beside the point now. The decision has been made by BioWare and as you say its effects are likely already visible, so there really isn't anything we can do about that. I think you're right that server merges MAY have been better, but at the same time that carries its own pitfalls and problems. I don't really think BioWare could have won in this situation honestly, so lets not spend too much time criticising :)

My two cents for what they're worth.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:27 pm

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
Just saw this on the official forums btw:

Additionally, players need not worry about rushing to transfer as free character transfers between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations naturally. Rest assured that if we ever decide to stop this free character transfer service, players will be given plenty of advanced notice.


So at least they'll give us notice before they stop these, this eased my mind a little. :)
That being said I'd still say it's best to decide sooner rather than later. If we do decide to move it'll give us more time to clear the bank out and help to try and make sure our more casual (but still active) members are informed and have enough time. Still, we would be leaving behind our inactive members and if they ever decide to return one day they'll find us gone but if they don't have an active sub there's no way we can avoid this. There's no mass ingame mail system so there'd be no way for me to leave them a little note ingame saying where we've gone and they wouldn't have the MOTD to see as the guild wouldn't exist anymore either. There is, however, a way around the latter (leaving a note on the MOTD). There is a way to move without disbanding the guild which would require me promoting someone else to GM before I transferred. However, we would not be regranted our guild bank and all its slots on the new server if we did that and would have to repurchase them all. If we want our guild bank restoring it requires a disband. - Considering I spent over 3mil of my credits expanding our bank for us I'd rather that not go to waste unless one of you is sitting on around 3.6mil and will mail me that to rebuy them straight away :p


Population update: 7:25PM, not one warzone running and only 2 other people on the fleet besides me.
Just made a temp character on Tomb of Freedon Nadd however... Nearly 50 people on Ord Mantell alone and that is Republic side.
[Edit - 10:30PM. Had my character logged in for 3hrs now and still no warzones, no FP's, no chat on general and still just a handful of people on the fleet (4 to be exact, most I have seen all day is 7). Honestly, the decision to move (whilst a pain in the arse) has basically been made for us imo. I just don't see any point in staying now, would be stupid.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 pm

User avatar
Syn'n
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:32 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
I'm probably going to just leave my characters where they are until my 6 month sub runs out. As much as I enjoy the game, I just don't see a point in continuing anymore. I may change my mind before then but for the time being, that is how I am looking at it. Been a blast none the less.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:09 am

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
Just a pic for those of you who haven't been on since Bloodworthy transfers began:
Image
(And nope it's not because of the time. Has been like this all day)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:53 am

User avatar
enlightened
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:33 am
Location: In a land far far away...
Aye this is such a silly thing to do :( As Anny said though, i'm going wherever the guild is (number one priority for me is friends) :cool:

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 pm

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
Right I've slept on it...

Lunchtime today (Saturday)
Image

Looking at our ingame guild list today either 1 member & an alt of theirs or 2 of our members have gone and transferred without saying as our memberlist has dropped. Not sure who without cross referencing our forum roster...

I haven't fully decided yet as I'm a bit relunctant to when our guild is still up in the air until a few more people come and post but having slept on it I've been considering moving my marauder over to Tomb of Freedon Nadd regardless of what the guild decides to do. Looking at it both ways - If the guild stays and I keep both of my characters on Bloodworthy it will most definitely lead me to unsubbing any day. Besides doing dailies n stuff with people like Eeks (which I could still do if I left a character) and the odd event we've had the only activities I do on a daily basis (or every other day) are pvp warzones and crafting. As it stands now it is impossible to pvp when there aren't any games going at all and I am literally the only person stood on the fleet whilst typing this and crafting/selling will be next to impossible now too because the GTN will become useless.
Like right now when I'm the only guild member online aswell (until Anny appeared just now as I was writing lol) aswell as on the fleet there's basically no point in me logging in. Tis pointless. I haven't been able to pvp since thursday! lol.
I may still unsub in August whether I move 1 or 2 characters over and I wouldn't like to have my 2 legacy characters split up on different servers if the guild stays but I know for sure I'd end up leaving well before that If both of my characters stay with there being nothing left for me to do.

The only reason I subbed to this game in the first place though was for the SSX and starting a new group for us. I have no intentions of being completely guildless and no desire to join another bunch of people so if I do transfer it will probably just be my marauder so I can still login with my guild character on Bloodworthy should the guild not move too. At least that way I get to actually pvp again before my sub runs out but still remain in the guild even if it's on a dead server.


Honestly, I think the only right choice we can make now is to move the guild aswell. I really didn't want us to have to given what a pain in the arse the process is to reform but just look at the state our server has been left in. Unless you're a person who only ever plays on their own; doesn't do heroic quests with other players, doesn't join pvp warzones, doesn't join random flashpoints, craft or ever use the GTN for buying or selling and doesn't enjoy socializing and meeting other players in general then I can't see one good argument for staying personally. The game has always been very solo friendly/focused but there are so many things like I list off which are just not possible when there is no playerbase left. It's also very possible that because our server is so dead now that they will eventually force the rest of the players elsewhere once they're done, as an alternative to merging. Business wise it makes no sense to pay for the upkeep of a server for so little players. Another thing to think about with moving or staying is recruitment. Staying on the server as it is atm will mean our ranks will basically stay as they are and never grow, or just get smaller if more people transfer without saying. Moving however... we could repost our recruitment thread aimed at our new server and maybe we'll start to attract people who weren't even on Bloodworthy before.

Whilst waiting for a few more people to reply I am going to take the initiative and start clearing our bank contents out onto my Agent character in preparation for a possible move. If a few others want to move or are happy to go wherever the guild goes then at least this bit has been taken care of and it gives me something to do whilst waiting for people to come and post. In the event that the guild decides not to move I will make sure to put all the contents back. :)
[Edit: The guild bank is now empty and the contents of which are sitting in Rigby's cargo hold for the time being. As far as I am aware our own banks will transfer fine as they are connected to our characters rather than a guild.]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Apolonia
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:42 pm
sucks to see the server like this! My vote goes for transfering, I play alot of pvp and with no players I can forget it.
I will support whatever we agree on but right now it seems like we got no other choice than moving :(

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Lee
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:53 pm
why, oh why, wouldnt you just merge two servers and deal with a problem....??

bit suprised honestly. Sorry for not popping online more, euro's keeping my eyeballs busy.
To go from one of the highest pops at launch to being nobody around in normal times is pretty shocking.

i also have seen the 10 odd people on fleet when i have actually got on inbetween games and when you havent got anything to do you dont stay on long....
I only use pvp to use time rather than play for it so i can only imagine you are more fustrated/bored than i have been occasionally.
Just logged out of game now after seeing the same thing. (hence bringing my face back to our forum)

i suppose it has to be done; think it will save the game though?!

edit: hmm. failed to submit message a few times leading to the same feeling being rewritten differently.... you get the idea though.. not that you had a different idea as the original poster... pretty much exactly the same sentiments as you (though maybe had to high an expectation of new game like an old one long gone)
Eeks.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
kk, I have transferred my marauder over to Tomb of Freedon Nadd so I can actually pvp and play the game again. I've left my operative on Bloodworthy in the guild until a decision has been made. He'll either move over when the guild does or he'll stay if the guild does.
I'm going to wait until we at least hear from Ash aswell before I make the call for the guild itself. However unless Ash or someone comes forward with a positive argument for staying put as a guild vs moving it looks like we'll be moving I'd say. That being said I won't be pressing anymore buttons until we know for sure. :thumb:

The transfer process.
It took less than 2 minutes for me to select to transfer on the website, for them to process my request and for me to login. I was literally on one server 1 minute and the other a minute later.
My character has all of his stuff (inventory/gear/credits/cargo hold contents). No issues from what I can see.
The fleet is packed. There are 2 fleet instances up atm with over 300 players combined. I haven't seen it like this since early access/launch. Korriban has 89 players, Hutta has 64.
Queue for a warzone? Less than 30 seconds.
Negatives?. 1. My legacy name is already in-use so I'm going to have to think of a new one, unfortunately. 2. I am lonely without my guild!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:17 pm

User avatar
Anubis
Site Admin
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: The Unholy Realm
Contact:
M.Steiner wrote:The fleet is packed. There are 2 fleet instances up atm with over 300 players combined. I haven't seen it like this since early access/launch. Korriban has 89 players, Hutta has 64.

Ugh...great. Bye bye peace and quiet when levelling...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:11 pm

User avatar
enlightened
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:33 am
Location: In a land far far away...
I'm going to decommission my character and wait to see where the group ends up, then start afresh :D I've been having constant disconnection issues too so hoping those might be solved later

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:17 pm

User avatar
Anubis
Site Admin
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: The Unholy Realm
Contact:
Just a note btw. If the decision is indeed made to move, you should leave the guild on Bloodworthy intact and just promote someone else to leader. That way if any of our members reactivate, they won't find themselves abandoned and penniless :)

On another note, I'm thinking that if the guild moves I may well transfer my Inquisitor but leave my Agent on Bloodworthy. I really do not want to go back to the horrible levelling experience that was in place when the server was busy. We'll see though - still not decided yet.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
Anubis wrote:Just a note btw. If the decision is indeed made to move, you should leave the guild on Bloodworthy intact and just promote someone else to leader. That way if any of our members reactivate, they won't find themselves abandoned and penniless :)

M.Steiner wrote:There is, however, a way around the latter (leaving a note on the MOTD). There is a way to move without disbanding the guild which would require me promoting someone else to GM before I transferred. However, we would not be regranted our guild bank and all its slots on the new server if we did that and would have to repurchase them all. If we want our guild bank restoring it requires a disband. - Considering I spent over 3mil of my credits expanding our bank for us I'd rather that not go to waste unless one of you is sitting on around 3.6mil and will mail me that to rebuy them straight away :p

:thumb:
I'm perfectly happy to leave the Bloodworthy guild intact with an alt or someone else as GM, that way we can leave a note on the MOTD saying we have moved (if we do) for any inactive members who may return one day. That is if somebody already has 3.6mil to immediately rebuy 3 bank vaults for us on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. - It cost me 600k to open a bank which comes with 1 vault, a further 1mil for the second vault and then vault 3 cost another 2mil. I do have enough credits myself to do this but I do not want to have to buy them a second time. I know it's only virtual money at the end of the day but a lot of time & effort too, afterall those kinda credits were hardly loose change. Instead I would rather we had them regranted for free which is only possible with a disband so that didn't go to waste. Then I could spend the cash I have on the 4th vault I have been saving up for us with the help of a couple of others (you know who you are ;)). That is, as I say, unless someone else can come forward with 3.6mil to rebuy them for us as soon as we are setup again. Hell, call it 3mil and I'll pay another 600k.
Any takers? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 pm

User avatar
Anubis
Site Admin
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: The Unholy Realm
Contact:
M.Steiner wrote: :thumb:
I'm perfectly happy to leave the Bloodworthy guild intact with an alt or someone else as GM, that way we can leave a note on the MOTD saying we have moved (if we do) for any inactive members who may return one day. That is if somebody already has 3.6mil to immediately rebuy 3 bank vaults for us on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. - It cost me 600k to open a bank which comes with 1 vault, a further 1mil for the second vault and then vault 3 cost another 2mil. I do have enough credits myself to do this but I do not want to have to buy them a second time. I know it's only virtual money at the end of the day but a lot of time & effort too, afterall those kinda credits were hardly loose change. Instead I would rather we had them regranted for free which is only possible with a disband so that didn't go to waste. Then I could spend the cash I have on the 4th vault I have been saving up for us with the help of a couple of others (you know who you are ;)). That is, as I say, unless someone else can come forward with 3.6mil to rebuy them for us as soon as we are setup again. Hell, call it 3mil and I'll pay another 600k.
Any takers? :)

I've got about 500k on my Inquisitor. You can have all of it provided you can reach the total with it.

I'd rather leave my Inq without than us just abandon everyone inactive without a guild or form of direction should they return. Not like I use it anyway.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:06 am

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
Anubis wrote:than us just abandon everyone inactive without a guild or form of direction should they return.

Tbh, as for the without a guild bit whilst it isn't ideal how many people do we honestly think are likely to remain over there assuming that the server will still dead by that time, if they one day decide to return to the game and have just paid for a subscription?.
As for direction I did think I'd put a sticky at the top of the forum informing inactive peeps where we have gone and our forum roster/group site server graphic would also be updated to reflect a new home. Those wouldn't be as helpful as a MOTD note I'll admit but it's not like they'd have to look far to see where we've gone. The optimist in me would like to hope that in an instance like this either our forum or group website would be the first place they'd check if they were still interested in playing with us :)

I'm thinking that if the guild moves I may well transfer my Inquisitor but leave my Agent on Bloodworthy. I really do not want to go back to the horrible levelling experience that was in place when the server was busy. We'll see though - still not decided yet.

Another thing to note is something I touched upon earlier. With staying everything remains up in the air. The server may be dead right now and it may even stay that way for the foreseeable future but it isn't guaranteed to stay that way. Once BioWare have finished with these manual transfers there's the possibility of them either merging Bloodworthy with other similar servers to bring them all back up, forcing the few remaining players godknows where and closing it or doing the same but making it a server just for the f2p lvls 1-15 next month.

Just another reason why I was against waiting to see really because everything about Bloodworthy and its future is uncertain now. Part of me doesn't believe they will pay the upkeep of a server just for a handful of people to run around when they could shift them elsewhere and close it or merge it with others. To me it wouldn't make any sense at all for them to keep a server like that open just when like yesterday and today I was the only person on the entire fleet multiple times when I logged in throughout the day. Total waste of money and resources and these servers wouldn't benefit from any future content they implemented which required a playerbase. Just no sense.

If that's what you decide to do and you're happy with taking that risk (and anyone else who may feel similar) that's up to you at the end of the day though mate :). I just think because your reason for possibly leaving a character there would be the fact that it is (dead) quiet and you prefer it like that isn't guranteed to stay that way depending on what they do. Being the case that entire reasoning for staying will have ultimately meant nothing if they merge to populate it or they shove you wherever they want to and yet you'd have missed the opportunity to move that character over with the guild too should we have done. This is the problem when they don't come out and lay their current and future plans for the transfers out, so much is uncertain and risky with servers like ours now. :(


[As for ToFN again. It's 1AM now and I can still queue for a warzone with only a minutes or two waiting for a game to pop-up and still hundreds of people on the fleet. At this time on Bloodworthy (before they killed it and games became non existent) the warzone games were drying up and the queues would get longer and longer before they'd become never ending when there weren't enough players online to form groups. Such a nice change. How a multiplayer should be.]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:57 am

User avatar
Anubis
Site Admin
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: The Unholy Realm
Contact:
M.Steiner wrote:Another thing to note is something I touched upon earlier. With staying everything remains up in the air. The server may be dead right now and it may even stay that way for the foreseeable future but it isn't guaranteed to stay that way. Once BioWare have finished with these manual transfers there's the possibility of them either merging Bloodworthy with other similar servers to bring them all back up, forcing the few remaining players godknows where and closing it or doing the same but making it a server just for the f2p lvls 1-15 next month.

Just another reason why I was against waiting to see really because everything about Bloodworthy and its future is uncertain now. Part of me doesn't believe they will pay the upkeep of a server just for a handful of people to run around when they could shift them elsewhere and close it or merge it with others. To me it wouldn't make any sense at all for them to keep a server like that open just when like yesterday and today I was the only person on the entire fleet multiple times when I logged in throughout the day. Total waste of money and resources and these servers wouldn't benefit from any future content they implemented which required a playerbase. Just no sense.

If that's what you decide to do and you're happy with taking that risk (and anyone else who may feel similar) that's up to you at the end of the day though mate :). I just think because your reason for possibly leaving a character there would be the fact that it is (dead) quiet and you prefer it like that isn't guranteed to stay that way depending on what they do. Being the case that entire reasoning for staying will have ultimately meant nothing if they merge to populate it or they shove you wherever they want to and yet you'd have missed the opportunity to move that character over with the guild too should we have done. This is the problem when they don't come out and lay their current and future plans for the transfers out, so much is uncertain and risky with servers like ours now. :(

Believe me, I understand and am taking into account what you're saying. BioWare's Server Admins have already been spamming Bloodworthy with "Transferring is open! Go do it!" tonight whilst Synn and I have been on. I am under no illusions that Bloodworthy will remain a going concern for long. They want rid of it, to save costs more than likely. Maybe a merge will come as you suggest, or maybe just a "transfer your characters off as we're shutting it down". One or the other will.

The thing is though, I'd rather level in an environment I can have fun in for another month and then be forced off than transfer away to an environment I hate and go back to feeling how I was with my Inquisitor at the end. It may be a short term gain, but at this point I don't plan to still be playing TOR for years. If Bloodworthy lasts until I decide to quit, great. If it doesn't, I'll have enjoyed myself while it lasted and have accepted my fate.

I said all along from the moment you raised this with me that everyone has to consider the pros and cons themselves, then come to the decision that they're happy with. That's exactly what I've done I think. I will transfer my Inquisitor if the rest of the guild moves, because I think it's the right thing to do and I do want to still remain part of the guild in some shape or form. But odds are I will leave my Agent on Bloodworthy and enjoy the great environment (for me) that it provides whilst I can. If I don't, I more than likely won't make it to capping my Agent, as I'll just end up sick of the ganking and idiots as I was when I originally levelled my Inquisitor.

It's not perfect, but nothing about this situation is. There won't be any winners whatever the decision is.

Regardless of what I do with my own characters though, I will give all I can to help ensure that the Bloodworthy guild is not disbanded. I think it would be categorically unfair on those who may decide to stay, as they would be unable to remake the guild due to the participants requirement and therefore effectively completely cut off from each other. It would also mean anyone returning to the game would be pretty much as abandoned as you can get, and whilst I take your point about forum posts etc I still don't think it's right to do that. From both my characters, I can throw together around 1m credits I think - provided you leave the guild intact.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:59 am

User avatar
Ash
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:
Okay, sorry for being late to the party.

From what I see we do not really have a choice, active members will need to move, otherwise a large proportion of the game is not viable.

I'll leave my Inquisitor on Bloodworthy (to monitor what is happening to the server) but will move the others over (and hope I can keep my names).

With regards to the Guild, I know this may sound heartless, but I would stick a post on here telling everyone where we have gone,
disband the guild and transfer it to the new server.
Because as I suspect truly inactive players (i.e. unsubbed) may not even return for 1.3.

Anyway I'll see you ingame at somepoint.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:13 am

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
That's fair enough I guess, Anny. As I said on IRC last night this was just something I was concerned about and thought I should point. Ideally it would have been nice if all of us moved over but made a new alt for Bloodworthy to keep over there instead, rather than any of us leaving characters we're currently playing. I wouldn't have liked to see someone like yourself decide to stay simply because it is quite just for BioWare to turn around and merge the server to increase the population or force you somewhere else different to us. Since both outcomes are highly possible when the server is like it is and in the end could still have ended up with a populated server or getting shoved somewhere completely different. Like now, just logged into Bloodworthy and as far as our side goes there were only 14 people on the entire server and again just myself on the fleet. All planets combined. I know you'll be happy with it like that for as long as it stays that way but at least 2 of those players were highly active pvpers up until thursday and unless they are about to transfer too there's no way they'll be happy customers atm.

Then again it could still remain dead as a dodo but BioWare have said they are closely watching these transfers and populations numbers and they'll be fully aware how desolate it is now. Whilst I still think it is risky business leaving an active guild there with such uncertainty surrounding the server and that moving is the only real option since we know where we're moving to and what we're getting, it wouldn't surprise me if they did one of these (merge/transfer you all off & close/leave for f2p 1-15s) options in the next week or two. Just can't see how they'd leave a server in that state but I could be proven wrong. As solo focused as this game is the fact of the matter is it's an MMO and so much of their game becomes both unplayable & unreachable in such a state and this will be one of the first things they consider. We will see I guess.

I do see and respect where you're coming from though mate. If that's what you or anyone else is happy with doing despite the risk and doubtfulness of what exactly is going to happen with that server now, then that's what you should do I guess. Will just be a shame to see you leave that character behind and only bring your inquisitor along since it's your agent who you've been playing the majority of the time :)


[Another ToFN update. Warzones were still frequent at 3:30am this morning when I logged to go to bed and there were still plenty of people around so chances are they continued to run long after I logged. At 10:30am this morning Bloodworthy had 14 people on the entire empire side all planets combined, whereas once again ToFN has over 300 just on the fleet alone.]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 pm

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
Ok folks please see this thread - The SSX is now migrating to Tomb of Freedon Nadd **
See you on the other side :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Lee
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:53 pm
Just moved sniper over to tofn - he has 750k ish or so toward guilding. assuming its ok i'll do the same with the others soon.
looking at the transfer page - looks like there are 6/7 servers with destination tofn... should be busy for some time....

edit: omfg. Q. wft. and a variety of other internet acronyms to describe feelings of having to wait to play the game on a new server
Eeks.

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:22 pm

User avatar
Ash
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:
:thumb: As expected I have needed to rename most of my characters, the only one who survived was my SW (A'sh),
I'll update the character thread, when I have decided on suitable Kick A** names
Ash

The quiet one in the corner

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:39 pm

User avatar
M.Steiner
Posts: 5612
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Contact:
kk. So far the character names I know that have transferred are:

Rokuro (I need to rename my legacy but luckily this characters name was still free)
Khionia (Apolonia had to rename unfortunately)
Surren (Looks like Eeks was able to keep his sniper's name too as I managed to friend him)
A'sh (has to rename all his other characters but his sith warrior is still the same)

I'll keep adding people to my friends list so I can see when we have people on. Hopefully won't be long before we have a guild again :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.


Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”


Information

  • Who is online

  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron