Knights of the Fallen Empire

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Knights of the Fallen Empire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Ash
In anticipation of the new content due for release in October I have started dabbling again.
They currently have an Epic XP bonus in place so that you can level a toon just by doing the class quests.
I'm attempting to use this opportunity to get through classes I wouldn't have normally touched. (Smuggler et al)

The Republic Guild is still technically under the control of one of my toons so it is still classed as being fully subscribed, because my account is.
Unfortunately the Imperial Guild is classed as Free to Play, as my toon was removed from the Guildmaster postion, this will limit bank access etc.

From what I have seen of the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion it looks like an online single player experience, almost a KOTOR 3.
It appears very PvE orientated.
Also with the expansion you can roll a level 60 character out of the bag, just for use with the expansion, but you wouldn't then be able to play the earlier content. I believe this is because of all the choices you make in the class storyline (1-60) and the level 60 'new' toon is almost virginal.

Anyway as I'm playing through the storylines, I may well be online in the coming months, so pop in and say Hi.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: Knights of the Fallen Empire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm

enlightened
Ash what side do you play most frequently? Republic or Empire? I just returned from London and i'll be playing again

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Ash
Server - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Empire Side: I'm finishing off the story lines for Imp Agent (Reisender) and Inquisitor (G'Heart)
My Main - Huntar is lvl 60 (about to start the Shadow of Revan storyline) and my Sith Warrior (A'sh) is at 50 about to start Makeb
All these toons are in the Empire Guild.

Republic Side: Trooper (Greywulfe) and Jedi Knight (Greyheart) - they are both in our Republic Alt Guild.
I also have an unguilded Smuggler (G'Hawke) and Jedi Counsular (Greyhawke)

I'm happy to play either side and which ever toon will compliment your guy.

Edited for Smuggler's name
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:18 pm

enlightened
Alright wonderful, i'll be logging in Empire side now and then

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'll be playing again when the new content comes out :) Probably not before, but definitely then!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Whizbang
Been playing for a few months now leveling up an Imp BH and sort of a Jedi Consular. Enjoying the BH more than the Consular. Still on ToFN and I still have my Imp Agent in the old guild.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Ash
Just finished the Agent storyline and I must admit that so far I've enjoyed the non-force user storylines more.

Time to finish off the Inquisitor, then work on Republic.

@ Anny, it may be worth jumping on the last week or so before the new content as Knights of the Fallen Empire is designed for a level 60 character.
I know you can use a premade but I personally prefer using one I've levelled myself, also means they are not prevented from replaying earlier content.

Ash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:06 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks Ash - may try and adjust my plans if I can :)

Also, the Inquisitor story was by far the best that I played! Loved my Inquisitor :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Ash
Just a heads up for anyone interested, Knights of The Fallen Empire early access began yesterday.

There has been a complete overall to companions and character stats.
Companions skills and strength increases automatically, armour is merely for cosmetic effect and have no impact on the companions stats.
Any companion can now fill the role of Healer, Tank or Damage, so your favourite companion can now fill all your requirements
and you can switch roles very easily whilst in the field.

The main attribute stats (aim, strength, cunning and willpower) have been replaced with mastery.
So any mod will work for any character, also commendation armour seems to all be adaptive now,
so if you want your Imperial Agent to rock the Sith Warrior look he can.

I've not tried the new storyline yet as I spent my available time yesterday dealing with my full inventory
as due to the change in companions alot of their equipment is dumped into your inventory. i.e. earpieces and implants plus the occasional helmet.

Due to the change in Stats I'm sure that crafting will be impacted, but as of yet I haven't had an opportunity to look.

The reason behind the massive companion change is more than likely balance related and allowing for the fact that a number of new companions will become available during the expansion storyline.

Not quite sure how I feel at the moment, it annoys me when i spent so much time kitting out my companions how i like them, but then allows me to use more obscure companions more routinely.
For instance as a Bounty Hunter I have Blizz the Jawa, who I love as a quirky companion but his tank orientation didn't fit my characters class orientation. So I tend to stick with the lovely Mako (healer) but now Blizz can heal too,
so for light relief I can now have Blizz jabbering in my ear!!!

Ash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Ash
Further to my previous post I have now checked out crafting and the implemented changes.

The biggest changes as far as I can see are that all world item vendors have been removed, the specific armours/ items are now manufactured and all manufactured armours are now adaptive by default.

Cybertech - now produce mods and enhancements
Armourtech - now produce armour mods and augments
Synthweaver - now produce armour mods and augments
Articifer - now produce Artifact Cubes

The Matrix cubes have been removed and all reusable consumables (i.e. grenades, medpaks and stimpaks) are no longer reusable.

Not sure how much this will impact on the market although it does make crafting useful if you cannot get the items from npc vendors.

Still not got to the new game content yet .... :p
Hopefully this weekend.

Ash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:48 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks for the feedback Ash - tis really interesting given I've a close eye on this :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Ash
Okay I have now played through to Chapter 9.
Storyline is interesting but won't mention any more and spoil it.
Having the initial class companions removed makes your ship seem awfully empty and quiet.
Currently my Bounty Hunter Ship is home to me and my trusty HK-51 'protocol' droid ;)
Looking forward to getting access to my class companions again through the storyline.
Although if I really feel the need there is an option so I can have them returned immediately.

Ash

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”