All systems nominal?

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

All systems nominal?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Chimera
Been pretty quiet in here as of late. Not sure if that's because people are unwilling to talk or unABLE to talk. In any case, it will probably be a while before I'm able to play the game, or any other for that matter. Laptop just isn't up to snuff; I couldn't even get TERA to work. So until I get a reasonable stack of C-bills I'll have to live vicariously through the mech mashings of others.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Re: All systems nominal?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:04 am

Whizbang
As of right now, all a person can say is that they are a founder and are in the beta. And that's it.

<--- Founder
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:59 am

BlueFlames
Likewise.

Chim, get that computer fixed/replaced, so that we can not talk about MWO together. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 am

Rock-n-Roll
So what's the NDA mean if I can no longer speak about it but am also not sure if I have a system that would allow me to see the things of which I can;t speak? :weird:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:47 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Rock-n-Roll wrote:So what's the NDA mean if I can no longer speak about it but am also not sure if I have a system that would allow me to see the things of which I can;t speak? :weird:
Does an NDA even apply if you don't actually participate in the beta? I personally don't see how "entering, but being unable to take advantage of the beta due to PC spec" would mean it applied to you :weird:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 am

BlueFlames
Rock-n-Roll wrote:So what's the NDA mean if I can no longer speak about it but am also not sure if I have a system that would allow me to see the things of which I can;t speak? :weird:
If you haven't downloaded the client, then you (probably) haven't agreed to the NDA, and so its terms are not relevant to you. If you have downloaded the client, but been unable to play the game, then the NDA is essentially irrelevant, since there's likely very little you know about the game, beyond the publicity material that Piranha has put out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:58 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Does an NDA even apply if you don't actually participate in the beta? I personally don't see how "entering, but being unable to take advantage of the beta due to PC spec" would mean it applied to you :weird:
hmm. Personally I would say that once you've entered the beta and agreed to their NDA it wouldn't matter whether you've participated or not since you've still signed a contract. I can't see it becoming void just because it turns out that the person can't actually play it for whatever reason. Since as soon as you enter you become privy to lots of info that you otherwise wouldn't have known even without stepping foot ingame, some of which they won't want to become public knowledge yet - like info that's been posted and discussed on their private beta forum (which I'm sure they'll have).
Ofc I'm not sure if that's legally the case so don't take that as fact but this would be my assumption. Could always message one of their mods/devs to clarify just to be sure either way :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Lol, well, i think I should be able to run at min specs. Was just curious and a may or may not have been invited recently. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Lol, well, i think I should be able to run at min specs. Was just curious and a may or may not have been invited recently. :)

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”