Hobbling About

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

Hobbling About

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:24 am

BlueFlames
In anticipation of receiving a free Centurion 9AH, I bought myself a couple of other Centurions (a 9A and a 9AL), so that I can master the chassis. I have yet to earn a single point of XP with either of them, though. I'm also off work tomorrow. Anyone want to hobble along side my slightly gimpy Centurions, while I grind out the basic efficiencies in the afternoon/evening?

Re: Hobbling About

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 am

SL33PY
I'm working and I got evening classes :( otherwise I'd be game

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:45 pm

BlueFlames
No worries.

If anyone else is interested, the latest hotfix is finished, so I'm jumping in. Drop me an in-game message, if you'd like to get stomped in the group queue, instead of letting me get stomped all alone in the pug queue. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:00 am

BlueFlames
Well, I've packed it in for the night. I've got a lot to learn about brawling, that's for damn sure. I played sixteen matches and only survived to the end of one of them, pulling off only three kills the entire time. I'll probably also fiddle around with some alternate configurations to see if that can help, because I didn't have this much trouble with my brawling Hunchback 4G, so maybe there's more to it than just my ineptitude.

I interspersed some matches in my Stormcrow, so that my day wouldn't be a complete shutout. Among those matches was this little gem on Caustic Valley (click for full size):

Image Image

My Stormcrow carried me into the 1k club, before it went down fighting a Firestarter. At least I got his leg, before dying. I saw on my death screen that I had managed 1,000 damage and started to celebrate, before realizing that the last mech on our team was an Atlas missing both side torsos and with no armor left on his center. Between the two of them, there were eight tons of lasers left--four medium lasers on the Firestarter, and two medium pulse lasers on the Atlas. The final moments of that match were genuinely tense as I watched a stripped Atlas fighting a legged Firestarter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:26 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Haha, wow! Talk about good luck and/or good play by the last guy in the crippled mech! :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”