AO IRC Bot

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

What do we do with the AO Bot?

Keep it in #ssx
21%
Put it in another channel
64%
Don't Care
14%

Total votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:45 pm

esd
Anubis wrote:
*snip*(a log)*/snip*
To be fair, that occured over the course of half hour. The techchat BD quoted was 10minutes, and was the same amount of text.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:51 pm

Inquisitor
You folks need to be careful with how you say things to each other. Randomly arguing for the sake of arguing is bad mojo. maybe next time ask me (or whoever has the title Arbiter) if you think you have an issue. I'd rather it not devolve into Anny versus BD. I'd rather stop it before it got there.

Put it in another channel for now, if you haven't already.

Don't try to solve every problem in the space of 15 minutes, people tend to say things that come off as mean spirited when forced to respond instantly.

That's a hint for nobody to reply to this for a half an hour or so.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:36 pm

BlackDove
Well it's been separated so this discussion is pretty much over.

Closed.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:50 pm

SSX-Killjoy
Unlocked, becuase although this was particular to AO, this discussion is important for future in-game relay bots that may be implemented..
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:58 pm

JarodRah
I think Judd is right, though some may think it silly to have these types of links in-game, I think its a great tool that could be used across multiple games.

Imagine you are in Guild Wars, and your Org City is being attacked in AO, wouldnt it be great without having to have IM, IRC, EMAIL and FORUMS open to find out?

I am not saying the uses should be where you can see and hear every in-game chat but if they are able to be configured to just have a link to IRC (basically a in-game IRC chat window) I think these types of pieces of tecnology can be of great use.

With that said I will work with Judd to proof out the use of the AO bot. As I agree being in IRC I don't necessarily want to hear everything going on in a game.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:27 pm

NF
Arbiter
Must admit all that reading was beyond me tonight so I'll my two pence without the influence of whats been said before..

1. I like the IRC uplink it will be very useful and personally saves me from having open two chat programs.

2. I see no need to have it in main room, if people want to drop in on AO fair enough they have a second channel open. Theres too much irrelevant stuff we chat about that would confuse the main room, though existing members might put up with it, newer members may frown on the anarchy online, so to speak.

Thats about it..
NF

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:02 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
JarodRah wrote:I think Judd is right, though some may think it silly to have these types of links in-game, I think its a great tool that could be used across multiple games.
For the record, I'm not saying its a silly idea. I really like the idea itself, its just the application of that idea that I had the problem with (due to reasons stated above), now that the bot has been moved to another channel that problem no longer exists.

As KJ said, this is a learning experience. I was simply pointing out problems that I saw and arguing my case as to why they were relevant. No offence intended to anyone :cool:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:54 pm

Kon
JarodRah wrote: I think Judd is right, though some may think it silly to have these types of links in-game, I think its a great tool that could be used across multiple games.
Yes, I agree. But the thing that got me against the bots is that I cannot ignore the bots for games I don't play (at least in Trillian 0.74i, I don't know if this goes for everyone else but it is rather strange.) This may create confusion with 12 in-game chats on the screen at once. Also, as for the seperate channel idea, would that not totally defeat the purpose of having multiple bots, if we ever get any more?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:10 am

Blue Star
Kahn wrote:Also, as for the seperate channel idea, would that not totally defeat the purpose of having multiple bots, if we ever get any more?
The quick workthrough used ATM is for the bot to be in a seperate IRC channel.

But the plan is to have a second chat channel in AO which the bot can listen to instead (kinda like a channel for org-internal chat & one where we can talk with the IRC channel)

Return to “Members”