Nazis

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Nazis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:55 pm

Inquisitor
Several times in the last few weeks, some idiot has decided to brand me a Nazi.

You can call me a c*nt, a r*tard, a bastard. You can even imply that I overmoderate, limit your freedom of speech, or whatever. All these charges I am happy to debate and defend. However, you cannot confuse forum moderation with genocide. Hell, confusing ANY online activity with genocide means your perspective is not only skewed, it's broken.

Read up on it.

http://www.ushmm.org/

http://www.holocaust-history.org/auschw ... -disposal/

If you don't like my moderation, fine, either find an intelligent way to debate it or don't post here. Next time you want to call someone a Nazi, though, consider what that means.

I will unapologetically aggressively moderate this until I no longer have the ability to moderate it. Offenders may find themselves unable to post. If you are that congenitally stupid to find equivalence in what I (and other mods) do on this forum to any of the above, you don't get second chances.

This "edict" will probably draw additional accusations from the socially backwards, historically ignorant. I don't care.

Find a different word next time or don't bother posting.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:05 pm

esd
I will unapologetically aggressively moderate this until I no longer have the ability to moderate it.
Ditto. It's not called for, and it's disrespectful to those that died, and fought to bring us from such evils.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:06 pm

BlackDove
I guess it's easier to copy-paste the link instead of pasting all that text and image from the .txt file.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Inquisitor
3 times in the last 4 months.

It's incredibly sad that I need a form letter for this.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:39 pm

Gryphon
To be fair, as provoking as it is, things like these are almost always throwaway comments. Yes, people do become irksome ( such as me myself), when certain words are used carelessly, but I also find this thread a little... excessive.

I can only see this leading to a bigger issue.

And might I say as an aside, while the Nazi party are remembered ( in a sense incorrectly) for thier genocide, as a group, they were many other things.

I'm not saying the person in question ( i have no clue who they are, so I won't bandy around an opinion on them), was reffering to any other facte of the whole Nazi issue, but displaying one extreme pole, along with such distasteful pictures ( educational or not, in this case I'm saying unfortunately that it seems more out of irritance and desire to pass on an opinion than to educate).

I feel the matter should be taken up via PM, as i'm pretty sure tha majority of us do not need to be told these things, I'd like to think we're all mature enough to think about what we say.
Last edited by Gryphon on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:40 pm

Dodotorpedo
Inquisitor wrote:3 times in the last 4 months.

It's incredibly sad that I need a form letter for this.
QFT

That really shouldn't be nessesairy, no mercy should be shown to those that say this

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:55 pm

Stracius
3 times recently? I'd say that's just a surge in idiocy levels is all. Only proves that nobody can escape it.

edit: added thoughts: And actually gryph, I think the reason why Ed posted what he did directly addresses what you meant about nazis incorporating many things. When people call him a nazi :rolleyes: they're usually using it to refer to the facist facet of them. Methinks he's trying to point out that you can't use that word to shout facism because the nazi party involved so many other things besides that. For example, the methodical murder of others.

I agree, don't call people things that you aren't meaning, or don't use words that you don't understand. Dictionaries and Encyclopedias are available online nowadays, stupidity isn't a valid excuse anymore. Of course, it never really was...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:31 pm

Gryphon
Stracius wrote:3 times recently? I'd say that's just a surge in idiocy levels is all. Only proves that nobody can escape it.

edit: added thoughts: And actually gryph, I think the reason why Ed posted what he did directly addresses what you meant about nazis incorporating many things. When people call him a nazi :rolleyes: they're usually using it to refer to the facist facet of them. Methinks he's trying to point out that you can't use that word to shout facism because the nazi party involved so many other things besides that. For example, the methodical murder of others.

I agree, don't call people things that you aren't meaning, or don't use words that you don't understand. Dictionaries and Encyclopedias are available online nowadays, stupidity isn't a valid excuse anymore. Of course, it never really was...
I agree, totally, I just wish there was more tact. At the moment the thread seems to have all the tact of a mallet to the face.

I don't believ the thread was aimed at a great number of people, as to be fair, we've been around long enough without this behaviour. It's therefore my opnion that this did not need to be posted, for any reason. It just seems more like a rant then anything else.

It doesn't need to be taken to heart, people can, have and always will be idiots. We all know we can ignore them.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:03 pm

Crazee Eight
This is another facet of the SSX I dislike. It's not alright for someone to say one thing like I did, but then another 5 member just outright insult you by labelling you an idiot, and to those nothing is said. It's outright thuggery and bullying.

It IS an insult and I DO take exception to it. I've moved this to PM as requested and the discussion will continue there. Stracius hit the nail on the head by the way:
When people call him a nazi they're usually using it to refer to the facist facet of them
Bingo. And I've made my point clear to esd in a PM. Nazi was indeed not the most suitable of terms to use and I have conceded that fact in the PM.
- Khadan - 60 Dwarf Hunter
- Sindel - 60 Human Warlock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:56 pm

Inquisitor
It's too often used as a throwway. It's also been pretty damn clear for a really long time that WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THE COMPARISON. Whether you think THAT is fascist or not, tough. Free speech does not mean you get to wantonly tread on everyone around you.

It's not like WE JUST HAD THIS CONVERSATION or anything. Why is this a shock to anyone?

It's a mallet in the face because it's ridiculously innappropriate, and it re-occurs. This is not something that gets treated with kid gloves or tact. If you are going to compare me/us to a murderer(s), you are not welcome here. That was a horrible, horrible thing that happened a half century ago. And if you use it lightly, you're clearly not paying attention in history class. So you get a mallet. You deserve smacked, but all I can do is use a virtual mallet.

You owe me and us an apology. But that won't happen, because you think we're wrong and you think you're better and more enlightened in some way, because you take things less "seriously."

So much for not having to use this forum.

-edit-

Just noticed your sig. Nice, maybe you should have stayed out of it since you don't participate anyway. You don't like it here, leave. Nobody forces you to post.

And for the record, http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... php?t=3225

Nothing gets deleted, but if you had been paying attention, you'd know that, instead of assuming we're all evil fascists. I don't recall fascists having a forum archive, and keeping evidence of their actions for all to see. Every decision we have made, and virtually every mistake we have made, is laid bare in publically accessible forums. Wrap your head around that and then go look fascist up.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Sofia
Aesthetical forumdecisions (assent by the majority of the members) end in a thread about genocide & fascism?

Wheres the sanity...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:38 pm

Stracius
Sanity? Here? :lol: Guess we haven't subjected you to enough inane happenstance yet ;D . Pshh, sanity. It's highly overrated, I believe.

Err, assent by the majority? I must've missed the vote somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:32 pm

Sofia
HAHA! My bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:45 pm

BlackDove
Crazee Eight wrote:It's not alright for someone to say one thing like I did, but then another 5 member just outright insult you by labelling you an idiot, and to those nothing is said.
When you start acting like Spiderman, we'll call you Spiderman.

Actions carry consequences.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:10 pm

Padishar
Padishar wrote:
Stracius wrote:edit : taking gryph's and my own advice for part of this post, using PM...

...Resorting to namecalling and flaming.. well... I agree wholeheartedly with the mods when they do their job. If they didn't do it, I'd do it for them. And probably with more enthusiasm. I'm intolerant when it comes to people being blatantly stupid.
Exactly and I truly believe this is all that needs to be said on the subject. I understand people are upset for simply doing there job and being called 'explicitly' improper names for it, but there is no need for this production. Lets handle this with our own advise and PM, Chat or IRC this out.... If he doesn't get the point his loss. Lets move on.

Going to lock the rest of the unecessary aftermath.
Ok I think all points have been made and lets get this tidy up, If you disagree we can always unlock it later (calmly).

Return to “Members”