The path ahead - Future of the SSX WoW EU group (POLL)

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

We've talked and discussed it in the forum post, and now it's time to decide which way we want to go.

Casual
16%
Split
3%
Progression
79%
Disband
2%

Total votes: 62

The path ahead - Future of the SSX WoW EU group (POLL)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:53 am

SSX-Killjoy
Casual

The casual choice is about keeping it casual, it would basicly mean in short that we wouldn't raid
as we do today with a schedule. We would drop the DKP system and use need / greed on items dropped.
People would get to do what they wanted to do, except we would only raid when the numbers are online
and are willing to go somewhere. This would mean not many 40 man raids, most likely only 20 mans.

Split

The split means we would make a 2nd guild, a guild that's all about progression and raiding.
It would require people to be determined, focusing on raids and progression. The raiding guild wouldn't
be going MC, it would focus on progressing in Naxx and AQ40 and recruit with progression in mind(though, we would still have as strict requirements in regards to attitude as the way things always worked). The casual guild wouldn't have raids scheduled,
raids to MC could be organized with the help of the other guild, if needed ofcourse. To be in the raiding guild
you will need to be prepared for raids, have consumables, be ready for raids when you're online and raids are up.
In the casual guild it would be as the casual option, you'd do what you want, create happenings if you want etc.
You will be able to move between the guilds as you wish.

Progression

The progression is a mix of the two choices above, we would stay as one guild. Tho those that want to raid would get tagged as 'raider',
others would be 'members'. 'Raiders' would require to bring consumables and be prepared for raids, focused and determined to progress.
Casuals would not be obligated to raid, not needed to be prepared as raiders would. They can however raid if they like, if there's need etc.
Raids would be about progressing, MC would be done less, BWL farmed for gearing up ppl to progress in AQ40 and Naxx.

Disbanding

Disbanding the guild is the final option, it would mean we disband the guild, people go their seperate ways - still as members of the SSX community.
It will also be what happens if the other options should fail.

To be noted about the "split" and "progression" options is that first of all, you need to be level 60 to raid, also you need to be attuned.
Gear wouldn't be as important as in a hardcore raiding guild, you would be able to join raids with a "good" set of blues, but not in level 40 greens.
Anyone in the casual guild would be able to join the raiding guild and vice versa.
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:25 am

Sondemon
I've cast my vote now. I voted both the way I feel will suit me the best, what I feel is the best way to go, but also what I think would be best for the guild itself. I personally like the idea of progression, because it would mean that ppl that want to progress can do so, and those that just want to play the game as casuals can aswell.

Edit: Most importanly to me, we would stay as one guild.
Last edited by Sondemon on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:29 am

Anubis
Site Admin
After confirming this is open to general membership I have voted casual, since the only options open to me due to my views are Casual and Disband, the former being preferable to the latter.

I won't go into detail on why, I posted my reasons in the thread in the EU forum. Suffice it to say, Progression and Split are options I hugely disagree with. More detail is in my post in the other thread if required.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:14 am

Zebohraath
I voted Prog, because I love the guild and I don't want us beging shattered (lol).
Still I love raiding, and without that part of wow, this game is just not intresting.
Vilse i Pannkakan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:20 am

M.Steiner
I see casual and disband as the only ways to go, so i've voted for casual.

As i expressed in my post/s in the other thread i disagre with splitting the group in half and turning one in to a raiding guild full stop. I also disagree with the progression idea of creating more rank/s within the guild just to meet certain peoples requirements, going back on the fact that we're not even supposed to have ranks in the SSX in the first place. I strongly believe it is wrong to go against things like eg. "We dont have ranks, numbers or positions to identify ourselves with", why do we bother saying things like that if people are just gonna disregard them when it doesn't quite fit in with their plans....
Like Anny, i won't go in to more detail as i don't want to repeat what i've already said. Just making a note that i've voted and why.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:45 am

Plovske
Voted Progresion. i'm not seeing "raider" and "member" as diferent ranks. you can chose yourself what you would like. its a fact that we got ppl with diferent interests for the game. so i think this will be something for everyone.
we'll be together as one guild. and everyone can play the game as he wiches.

Casual was my second option. But if its gonna be that i just know some ppl are gonna leave ssx wow. either quit the game or join another guild.
enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:32 am

Linkie
I voted Prog cause i really like the raiding with the guild but i dont want to spilt in 2 guilds cause then i feel like leaving friends that would stay in casual part ...

and also i enjoy raiding about a gizzilion times more then everything else in the game cause it is always a big laugh on vent :P
WoW:
NE Rogue LvL 60 Called Linkie

GW:
Eli/Mon LvL 8 Called Sakura The Small

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:45 am

Galador
I thought Inquisitor's stand on the poll and who should be entitled to vote was pretty clear:
Inquisitor wrote: The question has to be something like "What do you want ouf of this in WoW" and people who don;t play WoW won't have an opinion. I can enforce that and make people behave.
I will not enter into a political argument on the matter but I am saddened and disappointed once again that a thing is said one day and the exact opposite happens a few days after. And yes, criticise me to your heart content, but I believe the future of SSX-WoW should be decided by members in SSX-WoW currently playing the game as these are the ones mostly affected by the decision.

That said,

I am voting for progression as it's the only option that ensures a future for this guild. It appears that some actually want to give it a try rather than just throw in the towel.
Last edited by Galador on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 am

SSX-Killjoy
Not sure what you are talking about Galador, No one has posted here who has not been part of the SSX-WoW-EU group.. If someone isn't please let me know, I will be glad to enforce Inquisitors statement on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 am

Galador
SSX-Killjoy wrote:Not sure what you are talking about Galador, No one has posted here who has not been part of the SSX-WoW-EU group.. If someone isn't please let me know, I will be glad to enforce Inquisitors statement on the matter.
I thought it referred to people presently forming part of SSX-WoW not to those who once used to and no longer play the game. Also, I read Anny's comment that it was "open to general membership", hence my query. Possibly, my bad interpretation of Inquisitor's statement then, sorry.
Last edited by Galador on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:34 am

M.Steiner
The poll is deciding the future of our biggest group here.
If i don't believe that the split/rank progression options are the right way for one of our SSX groups to go, and i stated i was taking a long break from wow but planned to return for the BC, why should i not be allowed to vote? Got nothing to do with me because i don't currently play? - Used to hear comments like that a lot back in the SSC with a certain group and was one of the reasons i left. :rolleyes:

If it turns out Ed has a problem with the votes from myself and others when he gets back, just disregard the damn votes and i'd suggest maybe moving this out of the members forum if it isn't for members to vote on. :p
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:08 am

BlackDove
I sure as hell am not voting. I gave my opinion in that discussion thread where it was due, you people who are going to be affected by the descision need to choose this yourselves and then run with it.

Best of luck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:16 am

SSX-Killjoy
Voting is intended for EU group of WoW, and is in members to prevent outside members of the SSX to vote. Unfortunatly there is NO mechanism that can entirely prevent other SSX members from posting.

Those that post that don't have an interest in the EU WoW group that vote we will have to handle on a case by case basis. However, if you can get all of your WoW EU members to come vote, it will far outweigh the 1 or 2 that might get past your thorough screening.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:31 pm

Delphic
Progression ftw imo , seems the best option for both casual / hardcore raiders in our guild , disband FTL why dstroy a nice community:)

:thumb:
<<<<<<<<<<<< AEQUNTAS KEKEKKK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:48 pm

esd
Anubis wrote:After confirming this is open to general membership I have voted casual
I did this also, as I trust Anubis when he says he confirmed it was open to general membership.
If this is not the case, feel free to deduct 1 from casual for me, however, this is a big decision that some feel affects the SSX in general, not just the group - back in the SSC all we heard was "you're not there, you don't know!!!" and it lead to a lot of things going on that seriously tarnished the SSC's name as a whole. I'd like to not see that happen again.

Transparency was (and should still be) a key goal of the SSX, it's why anyone can read the members forum.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Plovske
double post ;<
Last edited by Plovske on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Plovske
Everybody has his right to vote in my opinion. It is a bigger community than just WoW.
enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:17 pm

Carnal
I opted for Prog.
Ive been playing this game for a pretty long time now, as this is my 2nd 60 i'd like to see what the rest of the endgame content has to offer. (naxx mostly.)

That being said: Seeing endgame content is Second to being part of such an awesome community of people! :)
The comunity aspect of the guild isnt worth losing to raids. Although i dont think that would be the case - many seem to think that it would.

Definatly want to own some naxx noobs along side SSX! :thumb:
Wouldnt want to do it with anyone else.

I would really, really hate to see a guild split or disband.
As i've said before we have a fantastic thing going here and to destroy that would be criminal :nervous:
Carnal - 60 Human paladin.
Yacobian - 60 Troll hunter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:18 pm

Rinoa
Voting pro-progression, in my opinion it would be a waste to destroy what we've builded up for so long, and splitting up the group in 2 parts would just destroy everything we stand for.

That being said, we've always done it this way, why can't we continue with the path we've chosen from the beginning? Yes, we have some inactive people, but yeah, they will come back :).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:20 pm

Sofia
Progression seems to be (after all) the consensus within the WoW-EU group.

Though, as BD made unequivocally clear, it bears the potential to spread animosity & ruin just about any social freedom.

AVOID THIS AT ALL COST:
BD wrote:This is where the double edged sword kicks in of equality while creating almost certain animosity towards one another, because let's face it, some of those casuals would like to go the hardcore way, but are held up by other things which in turn in all cases that I've seen, they'll feel inferior for being stuck in a group they don't want to be in.
AIM FOR THIS:
Ivriniel wrote:In reality, we do BWL, MC and AQ40 with a mix of members and raiders, as one group and have fun and gear pretty much goes to everyone who wants it. [...] There are different ranks, that allow us to help progress with gear, the ranks don't exist to create a "2 class society". As long as everyone realizes what it is about, there is no problem for either casuals or raiders, it's all about what the members make from the rules.
Its the only chance to make it work in the long run.

Be careful when you demote someone. This decision should come from the members in the first place... make it trivial to swap between casual & hardcore.

Make reliability the _only_ criteria for beeing a raider. Dont be shy to take in undergeared folks.

Give plenty opportunity. Basically the same as ever: keep it fair & use common sense.

There is so much potential to totally screw the identity of the group. Watch it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Integra
voted progression. we worked very hard to get were we are now. but as we go for progression do it the SSX way. our own speed and style. i rather see a week or something longer on a boss then see the stress of ppl trying to do it asap. progression is progression but dont let it control the guild.
Pierce me with swords, rend me with claw and fang. As i die a legend will be born for another generation to fallow.

Lucia -60- lock
Aeris -60- Priest
Integra -60- Hunter
Lunarcry -60- Druid
Brenda -60- Paladin
ZapDragon -Lvling- Mage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:24 pm

BlackDove
I assume this is just one hurdle for you to be voting on.

If progression prevails, I assume the next thing you should be setting forth are acceptable rules for everyone regarding who is and who isn't going to raid.

Requirments that do not go against what we hold to here in the SSX, but then again requirements that are sufficient to let the raiders operate in a way that functions and is fairly problem-free.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
For the record, I asked first and was told:
It is, but if you aren't a member I would recommend posting that you voted just to ensure that you don't anger those that are actively part of the WoW EU group
If I were told otherwise I would not have voted, though I would have been very unhappy with the situation. Not going to argue about it, MS said it all with this comment.
Got nothing to do with me because i don't currently play? - Used to hear comments like that a lot back in the SSC with a certain group and was one of the reasons i left.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:42 pm

Caspae
Voted progression , together with casual the only viable options , and as I only play to raid (or farm for) i voted progression!
:thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:46 pm

Dodotorpedo
I voted progression becouse Bob told me he'd give me cash IRl if I did it.

Or I geuss I just think it's a good idea :P

Return to “Members”