The path ahead - Future of the SSX WoW EU group (POLL)

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

We've talked and discussed it in the forum post, and now it's time to decide which way we want to go.

Casual
16%
Split
3%
Progression
79%
Disband
2%

Total votes: 62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Valar
Progression. I dont see it as 2 different ranks, but rather as a tag you give yourself. Also casual and ofc disband arent options for me personally.
Last edited by Valar on Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Eolas
Carnal said it all for me - he shares my views precisely - progression looks to be the best way forward for SSX-WoW EU.
Let's pull up our socks - take stock of the situation as regards active members and after the raider tag conditions are outlined - lets' get going.

One final note - those who want to take a more casual approach to the game are equally SSX members and we should leave a day or two off from raids to be able to do other stuff together with them such as guild pvp, other instances etc.

Edit

Rereading Lucia's post - yeah my views entirely too there.

There are a lot of convergent ideas in SSX WoW; in a nutshell Endgame progress FTW but the SSX way and no other.
"Do unto others what you have them do to you" - Jesus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Acahlon
Progression, may i ask what the diffrence is gona be more recruits?
Aint it kinda the way it always has been :weird:
What kind of man is a man who does not try to make the world a better place?

http://dolphin1.net/music/DoubleMirrors ... toMoon.mp3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:34 pm

Magdalena
For the record, I am not voting on this as I personally don't believe it my place to. However, for those quoting Inquisitor while he's not here you should also note in his post he specifically stated that it had to be worded right.

His volunteer to restrict it was regarding asking which way of play style people would rather do. In it he also specifically stated if you asked which way the group should go it would open the discussion outside of EU-WoW.

While I don't believe I should vote on this personally because it is in a separate group of members where I'm not involved, I also don't believe in taking only the part of a person's post you wish to.

Even if asked which area of the game do you enjoy more or which type of player would you consider yourself, it would still include those that have played the game and are still in SSX as well as those that currently play the game. For this purpose, I'd likely put in an option for "Not currently playing WoW" and "Have never played the game" for those that feel the need to vote anyway. Also to help the cause state in the question that you're looking for views of a certain group. This wasn't done, so please stop harping on those that did choose to participate in what appeared to them open to all SSX members.

For the record though, I don't feel it's right for members to determine the future of a game they are not involved in and not planning to ever become involved in. As long as friendship is kept first and actions taken are for the better of the group and made for the right reason with the interest of the majority in mind. These are my personal viewpoints however, and I will not mask them behind words from someone else's post. Some certainly seem to agree, others wholeheartedly disagree. Which is the majority? I have no idea, and neither do most of you that believe one way or the other.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:13 pm

Inquisitor
Drive by post:

The intent here is to figure out what "most" means, since that's something that keeps coming up. If you don't play, that skews the numbers, so while we may accurately reflect what the "SSX" wants, we won;t accurately describe what those players want.

If those players choose a path that is "not SSX" that's a different problem.

Back to meetings, sporadically here.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Archon
Progression, only choice that seems viable to me..
Damn.... I suck at Posting!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:38 pm

Kon
I too have voted for Casual for reasons already posted in the other thread. If it turns out non-WoW EU people shouldn't be in this poll (though as this effects the largest group in the SSX, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to give our opinions, like we have in every other group poll,) please subtract my vote.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:42 pm

Lightforge
I voted progresion because I want to "beat" this game with my friends.
No.. I didn't know about the set when I made the character! :|

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:14 pm

Krissie
I voted progression, so we can explore the game, but still keep the spirit!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:41 am

QuantumDelta
Acahlon wrote:Progression, may i ask what the diffrence is gona be more recruits?
Aint it kinda the way it always has been :weird:
Progression is the most similar option to the guild as it is currently, it's not really a surprise that it's winning :p
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:12 am

Xelrash
Voted Progression.
It takes an army to kill a paladin.
It takes an army of paladins to kill anything..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:34 am

Sateenlaula
I also voted for progression, 'cause i don't want to see anymore friends leaving this guild for the reason that aq40 and naxx aren't done (enough).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:38 am

Linkie
i kinda think this is decided then with 40 votes for prog :)
WoW:
NE Rogue LvL 60 Called Linkie

GW:
Eli/Mon LvL 8 Called Sakura The Small

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:00 pm

Inquisitor
It does seem that way. That does mean some work needs to be done.

And yes, I'd like non WoW members to actually pay attention to the purpose of this. If you dont play, you can't tell us what you want to do in the game. Kinda pointless, so subtract several votes from casual. We already KNOW what the community at large prefers, this is about getting some kind of handle on what the WoW folks want to do, rather than guessing or taking a minority's opinion for fact.

This is about what they really want to do, too many people use "most of use want to do X" and "most" is just them, and whoever they were talking to at that time. And that's not a useful metric.

But, it goes mean that if you choose to stay together, some things need to be worked on.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:54 pm

Haleluja
I voted for Progress! I would rather stop playing WoW then to see this guild get disbanded! (but i think disbanding was by far an option to many people)

And i say! HALELUJA! HALELUJA PEOPLE! ;) :p :thumb:

Love you all! greets Haleluja
The Way a Warlock is supposed to function is not the way i intend to...^^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:06 pm

Janell
I voted disband. I honestly can't see the other 3 options work for us anymore, not in this stage.

In my opinion it's best to disband the wow-eu guild, let people that want to go Naxxramas go freely and for those who still care about SSX, reform when TBC comes out, start out fresh and hopefully with the people that left lately.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:38 pm

Scorpius
Mark we have the Same name !!!! Indeed my name is also Mark Muhahahaha.
Anyways I voted progression. We needs to take chances on recruiting because as we have seen if one friend leaves for pastures new anyone hes introduced to the guild goes as well. ie. Saman and his cheerleaders.
People come and go and also like there nice shiney items it is the nature of this game. To get ahead content or PvP wise you need better and better gear skill only comes into it in PvE and when you have the same lvl of equipment as your Foe in PvP.
Ack I'm rambling again.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Personally, I now think we've reached a point where this thread is meaningless and there is only one choice left. Disband.

This week the group has had 9 people /gquit. Aluk, Saman, Grumpeh, Kane, Plov, Arche, Zargor, Zebo, Rinoa. All good people, all valued parts of the community.
Of that list 4 were Class Leaders, Aluk, Saman, Kane and Plov. Four people that were elected to that position by their own class because they would be the best person for the job. Four of the guild's best, quitting.

What follows upsets me. Do we accept the fact that our friends are leaving? People who have been a core part of this community, and this group? No. Do we even ignore their leaving, letting their decisions be their own? No. What do we do? We decide to insult them and their reasons for leaving. In guild chat. Resulting in more people quitting the guild to get away from it, when you don't stop.

I think we have reached a point here. We have key members of the guild quitting, and the rest of the guild turning round to badmouth them and insult them behind their backs. I'm sorry, but thats a step too far imo. People showing themselves to be unwilling to see through what they have voted for here, the rest of the group behaving in a thoroughly un-SSXlike manner? Its time to close up shop imo. Disband, or let the guild die slowly.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:33 am

Eolas
Well if it has to be a disband then so be it. What a waste though in my opinion. And for the record - if one sees the posts to Kane and Arche's threads - most are well wishers who although pained tried to understand and extend an arm of friendship not withstanding - so why give importance always to the ones who don't live up to ssX values? I wasnt there when in gchat people who left were insulted so I don't know who it was that did it and I don't want to know either. But why not deal with them?
"Do unto others what you have them do to you" - Jesus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:05 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Eolas wrote:Well if it has to be a disband then so be it. What a waste though in my opinion. And for the record - if one sees the posts to Kane and Arche's threads - most are well wishers who although pained tried to understand and extend an arm of friendship not withstanding - so why give importance always to the ones who don't live up to ssX values? I wasnt there when in gchat people who left were insulted so I don't know who it was that did it and I don't want to know either. But why not deal with them?
It shouldn't have happened in the first place. Those that allowed it to go on unchallenged should be as ashamed as those that were insulting those that had left imo.

If proof arises as to who it was then by all means action should be taken. But its not just them who are at fault here I think.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:31 am

Stracius
I prefer to take names and kick asses. If you see this stuff, let us know who it is doing it. Trying to be nice and keeping others anonymous is fine with tolerable behaviour, but what has just been mentioned is beyond intolerable. Offending members will be talked to and either re-adjust their behavior, or be booted.

We can't talk to them if we don't know who they are. Take screenshots, write it down. If someone's pissing you off, talk to us. Let the moderators know when people are behaving disgracefully, people. That's what they are there for.

It's very disheartening to see such valued and good members leave our community because WE are letting the bad apples get away with the attitudes of 3 year olds.

And lets try to be a little more serious/attentive about whom we vouch for, shall we? These people didn't just let themselves in. We let them in. Not only did we let them in, but we let them stay, and we're still letting them stay. When you see someone commit a dishonorable action, and you do nothing about it, it is the same as saying that you approve of it. Do you approve of it? No (at least I hope not). So let the offender know, and/or let a mod know. Please!

As for what to do with the guild? If what Anubis mentioned is going on quite a bit, I'd opt for disbanding. Those who are actually interested in the community will stay, those who are just jackasses will leave. Some good people might leave too, though... it's not without its drawbacks.

Of course, I'm just lazy too :p. I don't know how much work or pain it would require to save the group in its current state, and really don't wish to find out firsthand. I'm sure that we will all do what is necessary, however.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
The guild has now disbanded, so I'll lock this. If people manage to rebuild the results will still be here if needed. For now, this is the end of this chapter in the SSX it seems. RIP.

Return to “Members”