Adult Content

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Adult Content

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:01 pm

Inquisitor
We have a very limited bad word list, mostly racial slurs, a few of the bigger, badder words.

We have a very liberal IRC channel, in terms of adult language and content.

Its come to my attention that this may not be appropriate, especially in terms of some of the younger gamers out there. Things like bragging about how "drunk you were" last night, or even "how drunk you are right now" doesn't make for very good role model behavior, at least on the forums.

If folks could tone it down a smidge, make it a wee bit more socially responsible, that may satisfy the complaints.

I drink, sometimes alot, never really to "get drunk" though. That sort of thing IS unhealthy, as the many conversations on IRC have illustrated. And we probably shouldn't encourage it in our younger peers.

Anyway, if we could keep the bragging about it off the forums, and the "I am so drunk right now" off as well, that will probably be a good thing. If you need to put a post it on your monitor to keep from doing it when you HAVE had too much, consider it ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:14 pm

BlackDove
I'm so high right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:27 am

esd
Well I'm certainly guilty of that in IRC.... :o

*makes note to behave*
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 pm

firedancer
ok, there are some chatting in irc which goes beyond any tolerance.
maybe i am wrong, but as long as i consider SSX as a home, i can not accept such statements in irc, and i ask anyone reading such things
to take proper actions.

Edit: removed quote as the problem has solved itself
Last edited by firedancer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:27 am

Brandonheat
firedancer wrote:ok, there are some chatting in irc which goes beyond any tolerance.
maybe i am wrong, but as long as i consider SSX as a home, i can not accept such statements in irc, and i ask anyone reading such things
to take proper actions.

* Brandonheat kills you all.
* Brandonheat ejaculates all over the server.
[/quote]

What the hell? I seriously don't remember typing that out, nor would say such a thing. I leave my computer on all day so, it might have been my idiot cousins. I am going to close my IRC client if i leave my computer on all day in the future. Again, I am sorry. :smack:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:16 am

Stracius
If you're using windows XP by any chance, just switch users and leave your machine at the login screen. This is, of course, assuming you have multiple accounts set up on your computer (I recently set up multiple accts, mine and a guest, so I don't have to worry about my roommates screwing with my computer while I'm out).

It should keep anything like that happening again unless they figure out your password.

By the way, all ssx members in the #ssx irc channel are usually given operator status (provided someone remembers to op them). This means that if you see someone behaving in this way, kick them. If they come back and continue, use the spiffy ban feature. Just don't abuse it, or you might lose it.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:00 am

Isileth
oops. sorry :)

Return to “Members”