Problems with user avatar selection

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Problems with user avatar selection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Kon
I mentioned this problem in IRC quite some time ago, but I think Anubis forgot about it. I cannot use a remote avatar or upload a decent one because of some ridiculous limits imposed. These limits seem the result of some bug, because there are currently plenty of user avatars on the site which violate these limits.

When I link to this remote avatar, I get the following message back from the server:
The submitted avatar is 300 wide and 300 high. Avatars must be at least 20 wide and 20 high, but no larger than 100 wide and 100 high.
The first issue is treating remote avatars the same as user-uploaded ones. Furthermore, if I do try to upload a 100x100 image, it tells me the maximum allowable filesize is an impossible 6.00kb.

I don't know how or why these restrictions came to be, but they're obviously much worse than the ones we've had for a long time. Please figure out what's causing this so I can get my avatar back. Thanks.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: Problems with user avatar selection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I've upped the upload limit to 60k. I thought it was set to that anyway...must have gotten changed or reset somehow.

The size of 100x100 though is there for responsive reasons - as that's all the space available at lower resolutions - so that one can't change immediately I'm afraid. I should probably have a resize rule at lower resolutions which would allow for a higher limit for desktop.

I'll try and implement that when I get a bit of time.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Problems with user avatar selection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Kon
Thanks for the quick fix. Glad to see it was as simple as an errant decimal place. :thumb:
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “Members”