Unlock runes/skills via PVP

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Unlock runes/skills via PVP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:30 pm

Padishar
In a sneak peek of ArenaNet's next Patch, they are implementing rewards for PvP only chars....

They understand that some people ONLY want to PvP and are implementing a way for you to get the hook up, while we do what we do best :cool:
Game Update Notes

Notes on the Next Update Wednesday, June 22

Our next major update will be the introduction of PvP Rewards.

We know that many players right now are having difficulty unlocking items, runes and skills for use in PvP. On our private test servers, we have been testing a new reward system that lets you unlock items, runes, and skills for your pvp only characters through kills and victories in PvP. You'll unlock things faster if you are more successful, but we aren't implementing this system just for the elite players. Our goal is that every player will be able to make progress through normal play.

In that same light, these new rewards are not meant to overshadow other methods for character advancement, but rather to allow you to advance your characters in whichever way you prefer. Because of that, we will continue to examine the rate of item, rune and skill acquisition after ascension through cooperative play.

We expect polishing and balancing the new system to take another week and look forward to sharing the changes with you then. Response so far from our testers has been overwhelmingly positive, and we believe this addition will improve the overall experience for everyone who plays the game.

One final note: Some of you will wonder if we've forgotten that ascended characters with obsidian armor need challenges too... Don't worry. You're next.

~ James Phinney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:02 pm

Serberus
Hmmmm not sure whether thats good or bad but one can hope.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Futile Resistance
Oooh man... As if those hardcore PvPers didn't have enough to do...

to be honest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:46 pm

Kaos
for me its a very good thing. and youll also find most pvpers have skills unlocked and runes unlocked through pve already. for me, this just means i have less grind to do, cos i can make most builds, have skill points spare to buy more skills when needed, but at least ill get something worthwhile from pvping other than an icon above my head. so i see no problem with it if its implemented right.

Return to “Guild Wars”