Hey Bar, were did your post go?

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Hey Bar, were did your post go?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:04 am

Padishar
Um, I was responding to Bar's post when it was deleted? Why? Don't think it was him because he went to bed. But if it was, it was a fair question Bar. Here it is btw ;)
Bar wrote:Erm, yeah... First off, Methrin Dawnbringer is now in another guild. I would like permission to change his Announcement. Secondly, I need to know if this is honestly a 'dead guild.' If it is not, I would like permission/authority to kick out those players who haven't been playing for 3-4 months. It has also been noted that fully half of our officers are a month absent. If it IS a dead guild, I would like some guidance on recruiting new members, or whether it really is possible to sell your guild. I suspect not, because it just SOUNDS like a scam.

Respectfully, Bar Gamer
First I would like to say, don't listen to naysayers. Different people want different things from this game. I just got the same thing stated to me upon loggin on to GW's today.

And my response?

Were they talking about PvE or PvP? of course it was PvP.
We are doing just fine in PvE. To be officially 'dead' I believe we have to have less then 3-5 people playing and we have more then that. Also there is no monthly fee for playing GW, so people are free to play as casually as they so desire.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:20 am

Padishar
We have never had the strongest hold on PvP in GW's. SSX is not a hardcore, OMGWTFPWN u all, l33t, we must be the best or your out, school ur ass gaming org. We are simply a group of friends coming together to play games together. Unlike most tempory 'game' guilds, we are more like a never ending gaming organization. Even after the days GW is dead and buried we will all still be here together having fun, playing games and cracking jokes.

Now some of us play alot and some of us are casual players, some are hardcore PvP'rs (like myself) and others can't stand PvP.
Most of those playing GW atm, are PvE and casual PvP players. All the hardcore PvP ones have went off to "U must pwn all at all times guilds". 99% of those guilds are temporary guilds created just for that game, you are just another 'meatbag' filling a role until your job is done and you disband after the game is over. Here we build lasting life long friendships that span not only games, but our lives. Its all good, we all want everyone to play how they desire and to have fun, so each to there own.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:21 am

Padishar
As far as inactive people go, I suggest we only boot people if we get close to a 'maximum' limit to guild member list. You only get to join one guild at the time, so its not like they are elsewhere and it keeps with our laidback/welcoming playstyle. As far as officers go however, I have been demoting them back down to member after being inactive for more then a couple months.

If you would like to change the MotD Bar, please feel free. As long as it stays tasteful(may have younger players reading it), I don't care if its mad dynamic and we change it everyday ;)

Our recruit practices have always been slower then most guilds, simply because we try and focus on those that actually want to build friendships and have fun. Instead of mass recruit only focusing on numbers guilds. Good place to direct would be recruits are HERE. You are more then welcome to recruit all you like m8 and to encourage others to as well, we can always use more friends :thumb:

To become a full SSX member here after they have joined us in GW. We need them to register here (be nice if they post here also introducing themselves). To become an officer and full SSX member (can vote, make changes, etc) they will need 2 of us to 'vouch' for them. It is a simple process stating that yes we know they are kewl (non-asshats) and have rolled with them in such and such game. That way not only do we know where members came from, but we know who knows them (incase any mischief ever arises).

Hopefully this answered your question m8 (and maybe then some LOL).

::I broke this up to be easier to read. As you can see I have a flare for making LONG posts hehe::

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:21 am

Bar Gamer
Actually, I did delete it. Another guildy was saying I broke forum rules and I would get a huge lecture, so I panicked. As for 3-5 players being active, it might just be me, but I don't see hide nor hair of any of you boogers when I'M on. But, eh. Anyways, thanks for answering my questions, Pad. And most of all, for not giving me a huge, angry lecture. >_>;

*Tries to think of what message to put up.* BTW, what IS the maximum number of members a guild can have, if any?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:28 am

Padishar
Am glad to help and answer any questions you have m8. :thumb: No long angry post here, well not angry at least...... When I am not playing some game, my posts can get a bit... er gargantuan. Hehe.

What forum rule btw? Our main rule is to be civil/respectful to one another and not try and purposefully be a troll/vulgar/asshat. We don't exactly have a ton of rules here m8. Best way is to just keep it simple. You are always welcome to post how you feel or if you have questions about something.

SSX doesn't have a member limit other then to slow down recruiting to make sure we are actually recruiting friends and not just another number or troublemaker.

As far as GW goes however, I don't know if there is a limit. If we hit 'said' limit in the game, then we will start removing those who havn't logged in for a long time.

Sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:05 pm

MethysRaven
Coming from someone who isn't playing simply because she is stuck states away from home in a very unhealthy environment, with no access to much of anything, I'm appreciative of the not-being-deleted-just-yet thing, as I essentially will have to buy the game again and set up a new account just to get to play, not to mention the convincing of the person whose computer I use to put GW on his computer.

I'm not even sure if this machine can run GW, but I'd be willing to get it again just to find out. Unfortunately this is an ongoing process, and I may be nearing that "month cap" before I can round up the $50US to get the game again.

:smack: MethysRaven :D
There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere. -Isaac Asimov
'He attacked me. He had to die!'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:12 pm

Inquisitor
I plop in now and again, I try to do it at least once a month. I would appreciate remaining in the guild and at least an officer :)

I am not, never have been, and never will be interested in PvP, FYI.

And what Pad said is spot on, we're not dead till we are less than 3-5 folks.

As for recruitment, recruit people you like, that you think we'll like, avoid rude, obnoxious and 1337 for the sake of being 1337 people. Avoid the people who want nothing but the most uber of uber guilds.

I don't think its hard to figure out what kind of person to get, peruse the forums and get a sense for our personalities and what sets us off ;)

Encourage new recruits to do the same.

And keep this forum up to date as to new officer elevations, etc, so we have some idea what is going on :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:49 pm

SSX-Killjoy
Why not start a SSX-PVP guild group.. That way those who are seriously active can have their active group going out and "Ownin'" them other guilds.. :)

It would also make it easier to keep updated without those of us casual gamers being removed.

(This in many ways is like the different squads we had in FS2.. :) )
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:04 pm

Inquisitor
Meh, we already have the cape and the hall (which was expensive), and they already have earned some points. I think they can coexist, I made sure active people were Leaders when I stepped down a while back, so they wouldn't have the absentee leader problem.

Last time I logged, I removed some of the REALLY old members (your buds actually, they played for a week and never came back). I think there is space to clean up a little, if you haven't played in 4 months, you probably don;t care if your name is on the list :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:31 pm

SSX-Killjoy
well you should probably remove me as well.. between AO, WoW, and FFXI it ended up getting uninstalled to save room on my game drive.. :)
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:59 am

Padishar
Unless we ever hit a 'maximum' member allotment, I wasn't 2 concerned with inactive people.
Only officers, even then I have been only demoting them to regular member if they havn't logged on in more then 2+ months.

It makes it so you can log in whenever you feel like it and know you still have a place
:cool:
No worries.

Re: Sweet!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:05 am

Padishar
MethysRaven wrote:Coming from someone who isn't playing simply because she is stuck states away from home in a very unhealthy environment, with no access to much of anything, I'm appreciative of the not-being-deleted-just-yet thing, as I essentially will have to buy the game again and set up a new account just to get to play, not to mention the convincing of the person whose computer I use to put GW on his computer.

I'm not even sure if this machine can run GW, but I'd be willing to get it again just to find out. Unfortunately this is an ongoing process, and I may be nearing that "month cap" before I can round up the $50US to get the game again.

:smack: MethysRaven :D
Hey its great to hear from ya! Was wondering how you were fairing.....

No worries about getting booted, not even sure why it was brought up anywho. GW isn't a P2P game and we havn't hit any member caps just yet.

Lemme know how things are going when you get the chance :thumb:

PS. I picked up CoV, its um.... interesting.

Return to “Guild Wars”