Kinship business.

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Kinship business.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:29 am

El Oso
With Dave's departure, the leadership successor title is vacant.

I will be creating a separate thread for the nomination of peeps for this position. We'll let nominations go until next Thursday, April 17th. You may nominate yourself and are of course encouraged to nominate others you feel will do an admirable job should a house get caught in a tornado and land on me. The following weekend, we'll cast our votes for the nominated parties in a process TBD. (Forum polls are not limited to in-game peeps so I'm thinkin' on our options. Suggestions from kin members are welcome! We could pick names out of a hat but that's where Mariwen keeps her rabbit.)

Additionally, SSX-Lotro will be promoting new officers. I will create a second thread for this process, please reply with any nominations. Self-nominations will be discouraged for officer status, but please feel free to nominate and second (and third, etc!) others.

(Officers have the ability to invite people to the kinship in-game & are the folks to see if you have a recruit who needs to be invited.)

Finally, I'd like to gauge SSX-Lotro's reaction to my leadership and whether peeps are happy with SSX's direction since I've taken the reins. Again, while the forum poll process is anonymous, it is open to outside access. An in-game dialog may be appropriate and any suggestions by kin members are welcome for this as well. A leadership nomination/vote may result.

All three of these topics are open to all SSX-Lotro members, not just officers.

This is all for the good of the kinship and everyone is affected, so please, be vocal!
Last edited by El Oso on Mon May 05, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Kinship business.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Faernath wrote:(Forum polls are not limited to in-game peeps so I'm thinkin' on our options. Suggestions from kin members are welcome! We could pick names out of a hat but that's where Mariwen keeps her rabbit.)
If you guys want a poll to be limited to kin only just say in the Original Post. Provided it isnt proposing you be turned into a hardcore raid guild with a penchant for ganking the innocent, or anything equally contraversial, general SSX members will respect that ;)

Of course, you could always just ask people to tag a "Voted" post when they have cast their vote. That way you can monitor who's voting to some extent - but that is not particularly infallible (Who do you take votes off if 10 more people have voted than posted?).

Really though, I don't see a problem emerging. If you want it to be kin only, I am confident the wider community will respect that.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:51 pm

backpain
Awe man anubis, we were secretly trying to turn this into a money making scheme through selling game gold and power leveling!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
backpain wrote:Awe man anubis, we were secretly trying to turn this into a money making scheme through selling game gold and power leveling!!! :lol:
Not so sure I disapprove (it would be incredibly evil after all!), but I have next year's election to think of! You can't do it! :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Syro
Dan, I think you are doing a fabulous job. You are definitely the right person for SSX.

I give you - :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Ozgafen
Dan, I think you are doing a fabulous job. You are definitely the right person for SSX.

I give you - :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
But, you only have two thumbs.......

I concur, Fearnath, you are doing a great job! MUUUUUCH better than the twit that was running things befo...... oh, um, hi Syro.

Seriuosly though, you are the glue that holds us together and as we add more people to the Kin it is encouraging to know you are the leader of our growing family!
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Ardith
I also think you're doing an excellent job leading the kin. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:15 pm

backpain
I personally think this thread would speak for itself.

http://www.shatteredstar.org/forums/vie ... php?t=6022

You are doing a great job with a difficult task.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Christhalion
:thumb: :thumb:

No complaints here!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:58 pm

El Oso
Thanks (again!) for the kind words, just making sure! I *think* I have the kin's best interests in mind, but of course that is subjective!

Re: Kinship business.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:20 am

FalconX
You're doing a wonderful job, Mr. Faernath. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Cyowen
You and Syro before you have made this kinship a friendly and helpful place to play. Thanks very much and you have my vote! ;D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:00 pm

El Oso
Cyowen wrote:You and Syro before you have made this kinship a friendly and helpful place to play. Thanks very much and you have my vote! ;D
Thanks! *blush*

Chris and Ardith have both been nominated for successor. Are either/both of you interested?

:)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:56 am

Ardith
I am very appreciative of your confidence guys :)

That being said, I also think Chris makes an awesome candidate for successor. He is very helpful and, quite honestly, knows a bit more about the game than I do. For those reasons I think Chris would be the better suited nominee at this time. If he is unwilling to fill the position I'd be happy to attempt to fill the post in his stead if you guys still wish it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Orinol
I agree that Chris would be an excellent nomination for successor. Good knowledge and great help in-game. I'm not sure if she is already, but, if not, I would say Ardith would be great as an officer. She is, after all, permission giver!
"Forecast for tomorrow: A few sprinkles of genius with a chance of DOOM!"

Return to “Lord of the Rings”