Saying Goodbye

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Saying Goodbye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Magdalena
Before BC was released, we had the strongest group imaginable, a group of friends that not only played together, but cared for one another. We also had a group large enough that any time you logged on you could go out and play with somebody, yet small enough we all knew each other by first name.

When we came back during BC, most of the time in game was spent waiting around to see if maybe enough people would log on to do something. The waiting game got old very quickly and the game became very boring so we ended up eventually taking another break away from the game.

A few months ago we found ourselves missing the game and our friends again, so we tried to figure out a solution for the boredom we felt before and came up with the idea of multiboxing so that we can always do something whenever we111re able to log on, as well as adding another challenge to the game. This helps in allowing 5-man instances, however doing the same instances every single day gets old after a while. Most of the group seemed to say they want to do more, but doing more takes planning, coordination, and leadership to do both. At this time, nobody seems willing to step forward on leadership or planning, leading people to sitting around all day wondering if we111re going to do something together or not.

I111m sorry if this hurts peoples feelings, but playing the weekly guessing game and having it constantly shifting around all over the place isn111t fun to us. Its actually becoming very frustrating, and we111re not back to pick up that leadership role again, we111ve worn it enough and we111re tired of it. While we love the friendships we have here, we111re already feeling the push to do so yet again, not because anybody is asking but because nobody is doing it. The feeling has been growing that the only way of avoiding this push is to find a place that already has others stepping up to the plate. We still have a great many friendships here, and we wish to keep them, but our lives have enough pressures right now without having any added from a video game.

So it is with great sadness and very heavy hearts we have decided to leave SSX in WoW. We are sure there are other games in which a leaderless guild works, and we hope to see you all on one of those someday, but it just doesn111t seem to be working here and now.

We haven111t decided upon a place yet, but we won111t be far, and we hope to keep in touch.

Mel & Jack

PS - Please remove any administrative privileges given to this account.

Re: Saying Goodbye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Unexpected. Very unexpected, and something I am sorry to see albeit the fact that my being rooted in WoW EU back when I played meant that we never played together.

I have done as you asked and removed your moderator privilages, but I have left you in the Members usergroup. I hope you will stick around here despite this, and our door will always be open to you as a friend and as a member. You did a lot of work for the WoW US group in the past, and that has not been and will not be forgotten. It would be a shame to see you leave us altogether.

Whatever you decide and wherever you decide to go, all the best.

- Anny
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:17 am

Fenavian
While I certainly don't intend to be insulting in any way, this is a question that needs to be asked. With your leaving does this mean that we need to locate a new Ventrillo server as well? Or will this be staying? Also, are you just leaving SSX in WoW or SSX altogether?

While I literally have no right to have any input on this matter, but it is another question that needs to be asked, did you discuss this with people before making this decision? Because in all honestly, I think you could of avoided leaving had you talked with the rest of the members. Again I mean no disrespect by this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Stracius
@ Fen : I suppose that's one opinion.

I have to admit your decision does appear somewhat sudden and out of the blue, but I can't say it's entirely unexpected. I'm familiar with the problem you've experienced, seen it in multiple games, and have yet to come up with a working solution for it. The best one can hope for is that everyone contributes now and again to forming activities and groups so that there's a variety of things to do at any given time. It's nice to have one person step up and start organizing things to do, but the danger in that is group members can start to rely on them doing all the work - as it seems you've firsthand experience with.

I can understand what Fen is saying, as at this point the only way to resolve this dependence is by talking openly about your frustrations with other members of the group, and then asking for help and solutions from them. It's very saddening to think we could foster an atmosphere that is anything other than enjoyable, and when it happens it needs to be addressed and fixed - quickly. Especially if it ends up driving people away from us.

Low population is another problem in the game. I have to admit that multiboxing does seem to add another dimension to the game, and give you the ability to basically solo stuff that requires a group. I've only ever seen it work as a small, temporary bandage to an already too big issue. Again though, the only thing i can think of to help fix that is to have everyone in the group actively be on the lookout for recruits and try to bring in new members - not an easy task, but necessary for just basic existence. I can use the LotRO group as a direct example of this, sadly...

In any case, I hope you two stick around with us. You'll always be members so long as you desire to be, even if you're not with us in any current games :)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 am

suggz
well its a bummer to not be in the same guild for WoW, but i still hope we can team up and play if you guys see me on send me a message. i can see how you guys feel i have to work hard just to find time to play i cant even start to think about how much time it would take to run the guild. hope you guys stay happy and well
"full strength like a cyclops eye drops"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Lilleth
Let me preface my post by saying Jack and Mel have been (and will continue to be) friends. We may never have met IRL, but there is a relationship of sorts nonetheless. I don't want that relationship to be damaged by anything.

First I'd like to say, I agree with Fenavian in part...if you guys had come straight out and told us you were frustrated, I believe we could have come to a solution together. It may have ended up with you leaving SSX regardless if you needed to, but I think some animosity and hurt feelings could have been avoided. Maybe you thought you had "discussed" it, but most of us were completely blindsided. I, for one, had NO idea you guys were upset. In hindsight, I recall you making comments about "not taking a leadership role" and "being tired of that"...usually followed by a little laugh, and we agreed with you! You didn't need to, we didn't expect you to (which you've acknowledged in your post...we didn't expect or ask you to).

Which brings me to my second point: You guys are so good at power-levelling and gearing up! You surpassed most of us in gear fairly quickly. Being a casual guild, there are a lot of us who simply aren't logged in often enough to be able to reach that point. A lot of us are still running Heriocs for emblems to upgrade our gear. You have been wonderful helping with that. I think I can speak for everyone in expressing appreciation for that. I understand your desire to run end-game content. The fact is, most of us aren't "ready" for a good shot at it. It's no fun trying to run content that's beyond our gear and capabilities. We were just getting to a point where we could start some tougher 10-mans (Ulduar)...I guess your patience just ran out.

If I can use this past weekend as an example (as this seemed to be the proverbial "last straw" for you)...we did not have anything scheduled for Saturday night. We had a great guild run on Friday, but as we logged off, some people mentioned family commitments and such planned for the next day. I'm sorry you were logged in all day, just waiting for someone to take the lead and put a run together, but I don't think a run was expected by the majority of us. I had been playing off and on during the day Saturday, with real life interruptions and commitments breaking it up. If we HAD expected we'd be trying something, someone would have put a raid together. Most of us would have been happy just farming Heroics for Emblems. Honestly, of all the raids we've had lately, it isn't ALWAYS you starting the invites, or making the decisions...or you just do it first.

We're kind of out of the habit of scheduling raids, admittedly. We just haven't had to (or had the numbers to) for a long time. Again, that is something that could have been discussed with the guild if it was a problem. It has been VERY hard to put a schedule together, and I honestly don't think we can even make a weekly raid schedule...not as far as saying "every ---day from 7pm-10pm". We're too casual a guild for that (too many RL variables to get in the way...kids, non-playing wives and significant others, extended family commitments). I'm wandering off the topic, though. I thought we had been having a ton of fun with our spontaneous "OMG, we have 10 80s on, let's run XX!" raids, and had no idea there was an issue with that.

My final point (I promise): For me, and for many in the guild, WoW is more than raiding. Many of us love the questing, the crafting, the dailies...hell, I love fishing! I now have the feeling that you were frustrated with those of us who would log in just to do dailies, or to get a few levels on an alt...just for fun. Especially frustrated with those of us whose time in game is limited by RL...as in, if our time is limited, we should be working on our gear/raid capability. I may be way off base. If so, I apologize...I don't want to hurt feelings or get you more upset.

In my opinion, it all boils down to this: You were getting bored and frustrated, the rest of us were completely oblivious...or most of us were. Not because we didn't care, but because we didn't know. I wish you had told us straight out how you were feeling you started feeling that way, instead of letting it fester.
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Zepol
First off Hello everybody, second WoW!
I dunno why but something told me to come here and just see how you guys were doing, and I see this post, I would have never thought that SSX would be fadeing, I remember so many members online of course this is when my Lock was around and my son was about 1 year old, now he is going to be 4, time flys when your haveing fun.

But I completely understand the whole waiting around thing, ive been there, and ive seen it break guilds apart. It gets fustrateing and the whole leadership can be overwhelming. But I have a beliefe now and its just have fun, if your not haveing fun thats when the game stops being a game and become into an obligation......and to be honest I only like to keep my obligations to my family and at my job.

But I also understand Lils point of view, there is time were you just cant dedicated that much time into a raid, there is always something like for example, when my wife was going to school at night and working during the day, I had to be mommy and daddy when I got home from work, so when I would get to play it would be in short spurs, so I got to get my fishing, cooking, dailies out of the way, shoot im sitting on three chars with epic mounts.....and tbh I hate dailies now, but, if it comes down to a day that I cant play that often dailies, or questing would be what I would be doing.

So basically I re-formed an old guild that does both, it has its current raiders along with casual players we too have made a very friendly enviorment, what I have learned it is hard to please everybody but there are ways to keep them just happy enough to not bore them out of the guild.

Sorry for my vanish but I needed to do a fresh start there were some certain incedents that i needed to get away from but everytime I tried it kept popping back in my face(and no it was not Jack and Mel).

And my opinion on the ventrilo thing is like this, would you make payments to car that you dont drive? sit on that for a bit it might answer your question.
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.
(Reborn)Zepol lvl 80 Mage - Arcane (Akama)
Ive lvl 80 Shamman - Resto/Elemental(Akama)
Faeith lvl 80 DeathKnight - Frost Tank/Blood DPS(Akama)
Never give up before attempting it first.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 pm

Stracius
Hi there Zepol, long time no see! Thanks for the opinion. In return I'll be curt with you: The question was asked of the two people currently owning/managing it, and to my knowledge neither of them are you. They may have different plans and it did need to be asked, regardless of the manner in which the question was raised.

Thanks for your understanding, and I hope you and your family are all well. Take care.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Zepol
Hey Strac family is doin good thanks for askin and no worries you are correct it was just a opinion not a sugestion to the two people paying for it. I mean like for example me, my wife sees a bill for vent being charged but wont see me play she would raise questions....and hell lol.....but she still raises hell so yea
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.
(Reborn)Zepol lvl 80 Mage - Arcane (Akama)
Ive lvl 80 Shamman - Resto/Elemental(Akama)
Faeith lvl 80 DeathKnight - Frost Tank/Blood DPS(Akama)
Never give up before attempting it first.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:41 pm

Padishar
Just to let you know I have been following this on the forums and will have a few things to say about the current manner
(most likely by this weekend).
Right this moment however, I just spent ALL of Saturday either on the phone with guildies or on vent dealing with this,
even held a guild meeting well into sunday (so this matter has taken up a great deal of my holiday weekend) :smack:
It is difficult to spend the brief time I have off after an extremely busy work week to explain things here as thorough as they should be.

This is an emotional time for many guildies and the weight of the issue is being carried amongst long time friends.

Not sure why the Vent question is still being addressed,
as the administration of it was already passed to us,
well before Fen even asked about it here on the forums...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 am

Fenavian
Whoops.. I misunderstood. Post deleted. :)

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”