Buy EVE or not?

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Buy EVE or not?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Rock-n-Roll
So Steam has EVE: Incarna expansion on sale for >$7 right now. Do I want to pay $7 for this for any reason or should I just be DLing the game and paying a sub fee?

Re: Buy EVE or not?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:38 am

Stracius
30 day subscription for 7 dollars is 50% from a monthly sub, plus the game.

Next best offer I can think of is the buddy referral system. Any EVE player can refer you for 21 days of free game play, but after that you have to pay 20$ for the game plus the monthly subscription. That's what I'm understanding from the description of the referral process, anyway. I don't think the 20$ covers another 30 days, but I could be wrong.

On the other hand, the person referring gets a free 30 day subscription (or a plex, in-game tradable item that grants a 30 day sub) bonus once you do pay that 20+, and could be given back to you to offset your initial cost.

The Steam deal seems the better offer price-wise. I'm personally not keen on running an MMO through their client, though. I prefer to keep things simple.

Of course, as you mentioned you can just DL the game, get a 14 day free trial, and then pay a sub fee (price varying with 1 month, 3 month, or 6 month sub).
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:05 pm

SL33PY
best steam offer i've seen for eve was 5$ for a month back when i bought my second account.

If you want I'll send you a buddy invite, if you do sub i'll give you the plex, i don't need it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 pm

NewportBox
Tell your friends! I'll honor the same offer that Sleepy's making, after his is taken advantage of, of course :P

Return to “EvE Online”